**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Post-Abyss Rankup and AG Dilemmas

MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hopefully this stays in general for a little.

After exploring Abyss, I have 3 Tech T5 Catalysts now. As well as a 6* Tech AG.

And of course, tech is by far my smallest 6* Roster. Now Warlock is obviously going up to r3(sig 19). But who else? Im not sure if i want to r3 P99 or Sentinel, does anyone have some tips?

And the 3rd Catalyst/AG, do i save them for someone like Guardian? Or another Tech? If so who?

As for the Generic AG

Theres the rest of my roster. Is anyone worthy? I know theres an Omega Red and a Void. But im giving all my sigs to Namor and Torch gets science ones for prestige. So is there anyone else? Im tempted to use it on CMM for prestige and the extra burst in map 7.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Maybe the thread that I made pretty much exactly the same time as this one about punisher is a sign... Join the club.
  • ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    I love Sentinel. His shock damage is pretty nutty, and he's great for those polka dot power Apocs in war. I'd do him over P99 personally, but if you like him more it's up to you – they'll give you very similar amounts of use most likely.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Erocks said:

I love Sentinel. His shock damage is pretty nutty, and he's great for those polka dot power Apocs in war. I'd do him over P99 personally, but if you like him more it's up to you – they'll give you very similar amounts of use most likely.

I can take those with Tigra...
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Maybe save the tech stuff. We’ve gotten so little tech champs recently I would expect a fair few this year. You don’t have any immediate need for sentinel or P99, if you’re using it it’s because the catalyst is burning a hole in your pocket

As for the AG, I would have said omega but if you have no sigs it’s not worth it. Void doesn’t need the high sig, sig 1 gives him all the improved utility. Sig 200 is nice but he’ll be very effective at sig 1. If you run suicides there is no point. Basically, save it unless you really want void

Maybe save the tech stuff. We’ve gotten so little tech champs recently I would expect a fair few this year. You don’t have any immediate need for sentinel or P99, if you’re using it it’s because the catalyst is burning a hole in your pocket

As for the AG, I would have said omega but if you have no sigs it’s not worth it. Void doesn’t need the high sig, sig 1 gives him all the improved utility. Sig 200 is nice but he’ll be very effective at sig 1. If you run suicides there is no point. Basically, save it unless you really want void

I dont want to do Void mainly because ill never use a r2 sig 1 Void over a 5/65 sig 200. And tbh Omega is still somewhat tempting.

Ill 1000% r3 Warlock(im probably about to do it), but ill probably hold onto the other 2 techs.
    R3ing Warlock rn.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    So you're Ebony Maw is yet unawakened ...
  • I'd save the generic for nick.
    Once i rank warlock i cant rank another tech for a while because t4cc. So ill see. Gonna test sentinel more.
    And im probably saving the generic.
    Monke said:

Doom is the way to go for the generic if you're looking for prestige. If not, save

Also, I'd R3 a P99 if ya want to. He would be solid, but eh without suicides
    And then you could wait for a G99 or HB Guardian. Or HB if ya like him idk tbh

And if you reconsider liking Sentinel, go do Sentinel as well as he's worthy

No way on Doom. Tigra is first mystic r3.
    Monke said:

Monke said:

Doom is the way to go for the generic if you're looking for prestige. If not, save

Interesting pick. Grats on the r3!
    I'd save the gem then. Cuz really I don't think anyone who needs it is generic worthy
    Not r3 yet. Need more frags. Also Duped Dragonman is way more fun than doom.
    Monke said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Interesting pick. Grats on the r3!
    I'd save the gem then. Cuz really I don't think anyone who needs it is generic worthy
    Not r3 yet. Need more frags. Also Duped Dragonman is way more fun than doom.
    I'd take a duped dm over tigra but that's personal preference. Dragon man with consistent damage at r3 and pm immortality is kinda dope
    True.
    So ive been thinking about the Generic AG.

Im a believer that Duped CMM=Corvus without suicides. Corvus most likely edges her out but its close.

And then i started thinking who id use the generic on over her. The following came to mind:
    AA, Nick, Corvus, Omega if i had 350 sigs(never gonna happen), Maybe Void, and thats about it.
    I would love a r3 AA, but i will r3 Namor first for prestige and enjoyment. Nick would be awesome but i will R3 Moleman first since i have a 5/65 Nick. Corvus i would do without a doubt. And then r3 when i formed a catalyst. Omega wont get it because all my sigs are going to Namor. Void is one of those where id never ever use the 6/2 sig 1 over the sig 200 5/65. And i am not close to another science catalyst.

So i think i might do it.
  • Or... save it for a new champ releasing this year. I wouldn't use it on anyone that you might regret later on.

I know, champs could come out. But i wont get those unless its from a featured. So still a small chance. I dont see myself regretting this. I asked myself, “will i be rank 5ing thsi 6* in coming years?” And I definitely would. She has prestige and she is my favorite Cosmic champ to play other than CGR(who i dont have on my main.)
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Monke said:

So ive been thinking about the Generic AG.

Im a believer that Duped CMM=Corvus without suicides. Corvus most likely edges her out but its close.

And then i started thinking who id use the generic on over her. The following came to mind:
    AA, Nick, Corvus, Omega if i had 350 sigs(never gonna happen), Maybe Void, and thats about it.
    I would love a r3 AA, but i will r3 Namor first for prestige and enjoyment. Nick would be awesome but i will R3 Moleman first since i have a 5/65 Nick. Corvus i would do without a doubt. And then r3 when i formed a catalyst. Omega wont get it because all my sigs are going to Namor. Void is one of those where id never ever use the 6/2 sig 1 over the sig 200 5/65. And i am not close to another science catalyst.

So i think i might do it.

Ask @Fluffy_paws
    No need to ask me, I'm sure everyone knows what I'd say

Save it for Iron Fist.
    A small update:

I have extensively tested both P99 and Sentinel. And while Sentinel is probably better, i cant stand his playstyle. And i have been loving P99, he may have to go up to r3.

I also have no regrets using the generic on CMM, and my incredibly unpopular opinion is that she is equal to CGR without with a dupe and high ish sig.

That is all.
  • CreeseazCreeseaz Posts: 277
    Glad I continued reading before I posted, out of everyone I saw and since you don't have a bunch of sick stones to use I was definitely going to say CMM if anybody, I only hesitation was that it was a generic but honestly I love playing her for so many good situations when she's awakened so I think you made the right choice
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Your roster on tech is quite small. I’m thinking the best way to handle this is go with warlock . p99 is just fine and a good champ, just a little boring to play. From what I gathered you enjoy champs with some skill involved, and a little more of a unique kit. Hulkbuster would fit more into that than sentinel would. I would hang tight see what pops up
    Texas_11 said:

Your roster on tech is quite small. I’m thinking the best way to handle this is go with warlock . p99 is just fine and a good champ, just a little boring to play. From what I gathered you enjoy champs with some skill involved, and a little more of a unique kit. Hulkbuster would fit more into that than sentinel would. I would hang tight see what pops up

Its pathetic. Wayyy smaller than all my other classes.

I took Warlock to r3 2 weeks ago, and im holding the t5ccs for now. Maybe P99 because he is burst-y and fun, but meh.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Its pathetic. Wayyy smaller than all my other classes.

I took Warlock to r3 2 weeks ago, and im holding the t5ccs for now. Maybe P99 because he is burst-y and fun, but meh.
    Yeah. The rest of your roster is quite decent to debate from.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Since you’ve already used the generic I’ll just talk about your tech roster. What I’d do is rank warlock and then wait. If you don’t particularly like sentinel or p2099 there’s no rush in taking them to rank 3. You’re already thronebreaker and you’ll be two t5cc away from having one in the overflow. In regards to your tech awakening gem, I’d wait for guardian preferably or maybe darkhawk or hulkbuster.