**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sinister is a tune up away from being the best mutant champion in the game

2»

Comments

• ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

*cough* lost a bet and had to make this *cough*cough*

Treating the forums as your own personal **** litter? Nothing wrong in that
    welcome to the internet gramps

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

I'm gonna ignore the troll comments and provide the insight that I think KD wants:

1. Mr sinister should be able to reflect all debuffs off the sp1. Currently he only reflects damaging debuffs, however he should be able to reflect all types back. The debuffs could also be paused for a few seconds before they tick down.
    2. Mr sinister gains the benefits based on whatever class of champ he killed. This should be changed to a she hulk style ability where you gain the bonus for the entire fight based on what class you are fighting
    3. If he had a gulk style ability where he regenerates a portion of damage he could be nuts. Currently he only regenerates when being struck however I think there should be a way to access the regeneration when under certain effects, thus giving it some use on offence.
    4. The ability to block unlockable specials is nice and should be kept.
    5. The 100% concussion is nice but it doesn't last. There should be some way to keep it up for at least a longer portion of time.
    6. The power leech is great and it can be paused, no comment there
    7. After a certain charge time heavy attacks should be guaranteed Crit and gain additional Crit damage rating.
    8. Heavy attacks pause all debuffs. Combined with my proposition for the sp1, this could create some nasty combos.
    9. All of sinisters synergies don't add that much to the character himself. They should be changed a bit to give him some love.

Overall I think a tune up isn't enough. I think he needs a falcon esque update to give him some proper love. However I am also praying that it doesn't happen for the next little while since mutant is so damn OP already.

Troll comments for a troll post. Sounds fair
    I mean you’re the one taking time out of his (or her) day to respond to someone’s troll post so uh
    Everyone's jobless here. Some are more jobless than others. No one can claim a high enough high ground
    There’s several adults on here who actually do have jobs buddy
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

I'm gonna ignore the troll comments and provide the insight that I think KD wants:

1. Mr sinister should be able to reflect all debuffs off the sp1. Currently he only reflects damaging debuffs, however he should be able to reflect all types back. The debuffs could also be paused for a few seconds before they tick down.
    2. Mr sinister gains the benefits based on whatever class of champ he killed. This should be changed to a she hulk style ability where you gain the bonus for the entire fight based on what class you are fighting
    3. If he had a gulk style ability where he regenerates a portion of damage he could be nuts. Currently he only regenerates when being struck however I think there should be a way to access the regeneration when under certain effects, thus giving it some use on offence.
    5. The 100% concussion is nice but it doesn't last. There should be some way to keep it up for at least a longer portion of time.
    7. After a certain charge time heavy attacks should be guaranteed Crit and gain additional Crit damage rating.
    8. Heavy attacks pause all debuffs. Combined with my proposition for the sp1, this could create some nasty combos.
    9. All of sinisters synergies don't add that much to the character himself. They should be changed a bit to give him some love.

Overall I think a tune up isn't enough. I think he needs a falcon esque update to give him some proper love. However I am also praying that it doesn't happen for the next little while since mutant is so damn OP already.

@Grootman1294

1. That poses a problem as he would reflect heal block, petrify, etc. It would make him unnecessary harder on defence. Maybe the reflect should hit to work.
    2. Why not both? Having a base benefit and keeping it after the fight. Although She-Hulk has way better utility. I also think he should be able to store way more.
    3. I think you're on to something. Maybe heal back 70% of the damage while he strikes the opponent. It wouldn't change him defensively, but it matters offensively.
    4. Agreed. Same with reversed control. But I would like to see immunity to falter added as well.
    5. I agree, he can do it while charging heavy attack. But it has little to no use in actual combat, just to annoy him as defender.
    6. Yeah, but you need to wait till SP3. Not that great in the matchups you need it.
    7. And pause all buffs. Very annoying to see your precision buff expiring while charging.
    8. They already do that.
    9. I beg to differ, but he can have some extra oompf.
  • BuckyBruhBuckyBruh Posts: 453 ★★★
    Let mutant class take a break.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Troll comments for a troll post. Sounds fair
    I mean you’re the one taking time out of his (or her) day to respond to someone’s troll post so uh
    Everyone's jobless here. Some are more jobless than others. No one can claim a high enough high ground
    expect this guy:

• General Br3ezeGeneral Br3eze Posts: 100

Mister Sinister. The forgotten KING. I have been enlightened by the mighty @Pokémonmastah about the power of Mister Sinister the god.

He debuff reflects ALL debuffs (yes, every single one) making him basically debuff immune. This means that he is the Emma Frost of mutants, but that's not all he has.

Also Sinister gains benefits against every class making him the mutant She Hulk cuz he gets stronger against different class opponents.

Sinister is also basically immortal like immortal hulk and corbus cuz he can regenerate health taken, making him basically unkillable.

But that's not all. He can block unblockable special attacks. yeah you heard that right. He can block the unblockable. Pretty nutz if you ask me.

He is also basically like Quake because his sp2 and sp3 inflicts a thick 100% AAR (same as the OP Quake) meaning he can negate all abilities. Pretty OP if you ask me.

Sinister is also like Warlock cuz both of them power drain off the sp3, making them power control gods.

Sinister is also basically Corvus in terms of critical hits cuz when charging heavy he gets crit and crit damage buffs, making his next hit likely to be critical, just like Corvus.

Sinister also has a unique ability where he can pause all debuffs on the opponent, including parry stuns, concussion (100% AAR), and degeneration, among other debuffs. This has some crazy potential ngl.

On top of all of this Sinister has some sick synergies, especially with Apocalypse that makes Apocalypse fully ramped up immediately.

Now all of this looks insane, and it really could be with a simple tune up. If they tweaked his abilities to make them work together a bit more Sinister has the potential to be an absolute god. In my opinion they need to tune up his crit and crit damage potency as well as his degeneration potency to make his damage better, but his utility atm is nuts.

I Agree! His damage potency and crit do need to be increased (who was first? Emma or Sinister? If sinister was l8r than Emma, sorry for what I’m about to say) also, Emma is the Mutant Mr Sinister (also they both be mutants)
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Summing it up for kd. Sinister is a dud.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Let me give a serious answer to this, the problem with sinister is his kit doesn’t work well together. Like you mentioned he’s got a lot of abilities like other champions but you can really only use one or two at a time. I do think you’re right that a tune up to damage only would make him a lot better but I don’t think Kabam should do so. He’s designed to be a defender and is pretty good at it in his current state so I don’t think Kabam should buff him and make him a semi okay attacker and a more annoying defender.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    When Sinister came out I remember looking at his abilities and thinking he looked amazing. Obviously in reality he has some pretty serious drawbacks. He's not bad but he would need some changes to be worth ranking over a lot of other great mutants. First he needs a damage tune up. Second he needs an armor up buff. His healing is nice but not enough to tank damage to get debuffs to transfer he needs to be able to transfer all debuffs. Third he should be given a miss counter beyond the concussion since he's a telepath. Lastly, id give him burst physical damage based on unique debuffs on the opponent.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    Debuff reflection on SP1 is really not useful as an Attacker. It is more a defensive ability. You will take damage before you're able to transfer it (can be a lot or a little depending on timing), which is not useful over the course of a path. Where are you proposing this as being useful?
    Even the simple Biohazard nodes (or equivalent debuff damage nodes), it is RNG whether a debuff applies on you, and you wouldn't always have SP1 handy when the DoT debuff is on. It's like having the Recoil mastery on (damage from DoT) and activating prior to launching your SP1.

Since you brought up Emma Frost - her debuff immunity is vastly superior as it is useful both on defense and as an attacker.
  • Imagine being consistently wrong about every champion in the game, that truly is something.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    yea mutant class definitely needs some help right now.....
  • Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    “he’s effectively immune to DOT” you have to get to a special two first. in endgame content you’ll already be dead.