**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is a 6* nexus worth 4,000 units

Comments

• DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    no
    If I had like 30k units then yeah I might just splurge and go for it, but apart from that seems a bit much.
  • Annihilator13_Annihilator13_ Posts: 309 ★★
    edited February 2021
    no
    You can spent that units on exploring 7.1 you'll 6 star nexus there,
    If you already completed, save that units for july 4 or act 7.2
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    no
    @BlackTuran and @Rookiie i went with Storm specifically because I have 6* Apoc.

Miles was second choice and Air-Walker...let’s just say I treated it like it was a two champ Nexus.

Dr. Zola
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Mine was pretty decent.

Nice. I've continued the streak of not a single good 6* Nexus since they've been introduced outside of the Abyss exploration crystal. That's after buying most of the ones that have been available as well
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    no
    Hell no
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    no
    Could probably get two nexus crystals from act 7 and act 6 exploration in half the cost LMAO
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,248 ★★★★
    no
    I used to plunk down cash (not that I had to, sort of got addicted to it) I didn’t get most of the champions I wanted but by pure luck got 6* from cav crystal..
    note: 4000units is like $150usd with extra units to spare.
    although it guarantees a 6* champion, your still depending on RNG to have at least one or two or (lucky) three great champions.. I’ve opened a quite a few 6* nexus and more than half were let’s say not good.. you end up choosing who you think might get buffed or is less meh.. no one is stopping you from spending or using your units.. whatever your decision.. good luck and have a great day.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    yes
    mmmbanyas said:

I have everything 100% but Abyss and have no time or patience to even attempt it again. Almost died a little inside after the first 2 champs lol

That Corvus isn't anything to pass up.
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    no
    IMO, which is what ur asking for here, NO!!!!
    But I will say if ur a free to play player and u are sitting on alot of units and u feel like itshe worth it to take a shot at a God tier 6* the yeah may as well go for it, as long as it doesn't cost actual money. Maybe had they done it by class, like u pick ur class 6* nexus, then maybe that would have made it worth it, but kabam keep forgetting, even with a nexus, you still gotta dodge alot of trash champs. But I will give it to kabam for there effort to buff alot of not so great chanps.
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 501 ★★★

I’m ok with this. Not account changing (beside -4K units lol) but ok
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    What is worst than to spend 4000 units for a choice between 3 crappy champions? Well, to spend 6000 units for that choice

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    no

This is my nexus from 7.1. Did I spend less then 4k to explore it? Yes. Would it take me less then 4k to finish act 6 exploration? Probably. Did this nexus crystal change anything for me? No. Ask yourself same questions and remember 7.2 is to be released soon. It takes me ages to save up that amount of units, as I don't really grind arena. So my answer is obvious.
    On the other hand, as people above said, if you waste on cavs, it may be a yes. The value of 6* nexus is smth between 1 and 3 6*. Odds to get at least one 6* from 300 units cav with 4k units spent is 1 - 0.985^(4k/300) ~ 18%. In other words, most likely you won't get a 6* with 4k spent in cavs. It's even lower, then getting a 5* from legendary 4-5 crystal, wich is 20%, iirc. Also I guess, if you save it for 40 days, you might get a champ from current 6* featured as an option
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    No...lol
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    Yes : For Whalls / Advanced Players who Did everything 100%

No : For Starters and by those i mean everyone who haven't 100% the abyss
    so better use the units to clear content
  • LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    no

Having never gotten a good nexus aside from abyss, no way.

This.

My act 6 100% nexus was Classic iron Man, Beast dupe and Nightcrawler dupe.

My 7.1 100% nexus was Hood, Black Bolt and Beast dupe

Most would even say my abyss nexus wasn’t great.

If you’re thinking about going for this, don’t. 4K units is a lot of units, and 7.2 is just round the corner. It’s going to have a 6* nexus plus everything else, and probably won’t cost 4K units to explore
    Don’t sleep on black bolt he has some good synergies
    Here’s a video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zlyLzQwKoY
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    no
    As usual, it depends.

A true end-game player that has done all the content and has 4,000 units? Absolutely. The caveat is if you're simi-retired and won't have enough units for July 4th.

Everybody else? Hell no. If this was an abyss nexus, sure, but Groot, Moon Knight, and Superior Iron Man are salivating at your potential pain.

As am I, for that matter, please share your suffering.
  • Rohit_316 said:

If it was class based nexus , then it might be worth 4k units.

You mean they aren't?

• Rookiie said:

DrZola said:

I suppose if you have never gotten a 6* Nexus and weren’t in a position to get one, you might be able to justify it as being “worth it.”

However, reality is often disappointing.

Dr. Zola

Miles could be a potentially good investment!
    I hope you picked him 🕷️
    Someone, I think it was Brian Grant, recently suggested that Miles might be an interesting long term investment, as Marvel seems to be doubling down on Miles being the "current" Spider Man. They could "encourage" game developers to put extra work in him or revitalize the character for cross-promotion or marketing reasons down the road. That doesn't mean he automatically becomes a god, but it could mean he gets revisited earlier than you'd otherwise expect.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    no
    DNA3000 said:

Rohit_316 said:

If it was class based nexus , then it might be worth 4k units.

You mean they aren't?

dang id kill for that corvus insta r3
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I recently explored act 6 and have no interest in exploring abyss anytime soon. Duped Angela from the crystal which was not the worst thing in the world. I already liked her as a champion and with the tune up, hopefully she can be more viable in terms of damage.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 444 ★★★
    no
    If it’s worth it I feel depends entirely on what you get out of it 😂 I refuse to buy it myself my crystal luck over the past 4-5 months has been so bad I refuse to entertain the thought of buying anything anymore lol
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    no

I already have terrible experience by opening one from act 7.1 exploration don't want to see this again for 4k units
  • ValmarxValmarx Posts: 521 ★★★
    Duped my Rank2 already candidate for Rank3 - FALCON.
    the options were:

Gambit - Juggs - Awaken Falcon.

Didnt hesitated !
    So happy, was scared at first....
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    no
    I think it's a bad value. Like others are saying, it's 130 dollars for just another gamble.
    That being said, if I had the units, I would have picked it up simply because I have nothing else to spend my units on since I have all content done and Book 2 isn't going to be difficult enough to warrant spending units.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    no

What is worst than to spend 4000 units for a choice between 3 crappy champions? Well, to spend 6000 units for that choice

I only see two crappy champs. P2099 is an amazing champ.