**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Game is Getting Stale

when is there going to be new content released besides the monthly EQ and SQ? feels like nothing new has came out this year. something similar to John Mulaney’s quest would be so refreshing to be able to do. ever since i explored 7.1, i haven’t had much to do. sure i could do abyss, but as a f2p player, i don’t have the time or drive to grind out 5k units and potions. i just feel like a John Mulaney type quest would bring back so much excitement for a lot of us.

Comments

• king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    FiiNCH said:

They can’t pump out new ‘bigger content’ every month. You’ve got a chunk of big content in the abyss still to do with the best rewards available in the game.

looking at your last post, apparently this months side quest is not to your taste. i think we can both agree that something different would be nice
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★

FiiNCH said:

They can’t pump out new ‘bigger content’ every month. You’ve got a chunk of big content in the abyss still to do with the best rewards available in the game.

looking at your last post, apparently this months side quest is not to your taste. i think we can both agree that something different would be nice
    you mean the post from January?

It’s kinda only stale because you yourself don’t want to grind out the units for abyss. If you did, it’d probably be different. Besides, they can’t just pump out content like that every month. Champion challenges are special events for a reason, and if they came out every month you’d eventually get bored with them as well.

the last champion challenge was almost 3 months ago, how is that every month?

FiiNCH said:

in all reality that could further prove my point. if it’s stale back in january imagine how it is a month later

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

It’s kinda only stale because you yourself don’t want to grind out the units for abyss. If you did, it’d probably be different. Besides, they can’t just pump out content like that every month. Champion challenges are special events for a reason, and if they came out every month you’d eventually get bored with them as well.

the last champion challenge was almost 3 months ago, how is that every month?
    And there was a considerable gap between that one and the one before it.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★

FiiNCH said:

in all reality that could further prove my point. if it’s stale back in january imagine how it is a month later

this side quest is far better than the last one. Not a repetitive grind, has different lanes and bosses.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

when is there going to be new content released besides the monthly EQ and SQ? feels like nothing new has came out this year. something similar to John Mulaney’s quest would be so refreshing to be able to do. ever since i explored 7.1, i haven’t had much to do. sure i could do abyss, but as a f2p player, i don’t have the time or drive to grind out 5k units and potions. i just feel like a John Mulaney type quest would bring back so much excitement for a lot of us.

So the game doesn't have enough content but you don't want to do the hours of content available to you because you don't feel like it? Abyss is content. Grind out units if you want something to do.
    Crcrcrc said:

So the game doesn't have enough content but you don't want to do the hours of content available to you because you don't feel like it? Abyss is content. Grind out units if you want something to do.
    i play this game for fun. does wasting hours of my time doing the same thing over and over sound like fun to you? it sure doesn’t to me. grinding out 5k units does not seem fun to me, therefore, i’m not going to do it. is your point that i should do something that doesn’t seem fun to me?
    Crcrcrc said:

furthermore, you yourself haven’t done abyss yet so please refrain from telling others to do some you yourself have yet to accomplish

• DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
    edited February 2021

Crcrcrc said:

i play this game for fun. does wasting hours of my time doing the same thing over and over sound like fun to you? it sure doesn’t to me. grinding out 5k units does not seem fun to me, therefore, i’m not going to do it. is your point that i should do something that doesn’t seem fun to me?
    You play this game for fun and dislike doing the same thing over and over yet you enjoyed the John Mulaney’s challenge despite it being the same six fights over and over?

Crcrcrc said:

You play this game for fun and dislike doing the same thing over and over yet you enjoyed the John Mulaney’s challenge despite it being the same six fights over and over?
    fair point but that was engaging. the fights got increasingly difficult and took focus to do. arenas is literally the most boring mode in this game
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

furthermore, you yourself haven’t done abyss yet so please refrain from telling others to do some you yourself have yet to accomplish

If you’re gonna be like that...
    You should grind units and do abyss if looking for something to do.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Dude he's giving advice and he doesn't have to have completed it to give advice. He's just looking at your situations and using what he knows to try to help.