**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6 star nexus choices

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

It depends on your roster, really. If you've got a lot of BGT Mutants go with Guilly, but if it's the case with Tech then Colossus. Guilly could definitely be used for Labyrinth and Abyss, but I don't see people use her for much other content outside of those. Colossus is capable of taking out some Abyss Bosses with the right Synergies, but he'll be used extensively for general questing, AQ and AW. Neither of those choices are bad ones, though.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. G99 sucks for Abyss but she's used a ton in story content and War as well now that Protect is the meta. And I have no idea why you think Colossus would be used extensively for War. I don't know if I've ever seen him used in high tier war.
  • DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
    They all have their limitations: Magneto with non-metal and stun immune champs. Omega Red with robots. Colossus with stun immune or poison/shock champs. Apocalypse with robots and shock, cold snap, or poison champs. Archangel with bleed and/or poison-immune champs.

Stun immune doesn’t stop Magneto or other champions from being effective, but it does cripple them. It all depends on how many matchups each mutant is viable with.

Since there are a lot of bleed and/or poison-immune champs, Archangel suffers more. Colossus has more immunities to debuffs than Apocalypse, but to get the best out of him you need Omega Red synergy.

In terms of how useful each mutant is at their very best in endgame content, I would rank them as such:

1) Magneto
    2) Omega Red
    3) Colossus
    4) Apocalypse
    5) Archangel

They all have their limitations: Magneto with non-metal and stun immune champs. Omega Red with robots. Colossus with stun immune or poison/shock champs. Apocalypse with robots and shock, cold snap, or poison champs. Archangel with bleed and/or poison-immune champs.

Stun immune doesn’t stop Magneto or other champions from being effective, but it does cripple them. It all depends on how many matchups each mutant is viable with.

Since there are a lot of bleed and/or poison-immune champs, Archangel suffers more. Colossus has more immunities to debuffs than Apocalypse, but to get the best out of him you need Omega Red synergy.

In terms of how useful each mutant is at their very best in endgame content, I would rank them as such:

1) Magneto
    2) Omega Red
    3) Colossus
    4) Apocalypse
    5) Archangel

Magneto is fine on stun immune, just heavy counter. And he isnt bad for Non Metal matchups either.

So Omega thus doesnt work for 10 of 194 champs in the game. Colossus is also heavily gimped by anythinf antibuff. There arent that many bleed and poison, and many of them are terrible defenders.

Also, Act 5 isnt endgame content 😉.
    Since you’re curious: no, I am not IceBro, whoever he is. I am an endgame player, but I don’t care about mutant arguments. I don’t really care who are the top mutants. All I know is that Quake is #1 and Ghost is #2. If I am adamant about something, it is that. I will defend that opinion strongly.

In regards to the top mutants: It’s fun hearing about who would make the top 3 or 5, but I am more interested in everyone’s opinion about who is the best mutant overall. I think Magneto is the best overall. What do you think, Masterpuff?
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Some thoughts

- Magneto is so hard to rank, no one is clamoring to bring in Mags unless the opponent is metal or you need prowess.

- OR sucks to play without suicides, maybe he's still functional but I hate doing it because it's a drag.

- Colossus has great utility, because you know, immunities are utility, especially when you're talking incinerate/coldsnap immune.

- Endgame players ain't a monolith, don't use what they would or wouldn't do to justify stuff. I've done everything, and I stopped using colossus only because I have 10 R3 6*, and sadly lack a 6* colossus.

- Tiers are a way WAY better option to rank champs. Top 5 mutants are all within the same tier imo, and I don't think I can really fault anyone for believing that Apoc is better than OR, or AA is the best mutant.

OP - pick guilly or colossus, it's really whoever you prefer.
    IKON said:

Some thoughts

- Magneto is so hard to rank, no one is clamoring to bring in Mags unless the opponent is metal or you need prowess.

- OR sucks to play without suicides, maybe he's still functional but I hate doing it because it's a drag.

- Colossus has great utility, because you know, immunities are utility, especially when you're talking incinerate/coldsnap immune.

- Endgame players ain't a monolith, don't use what they would or wouldn't do to justify stuff. I've done everything, and I stopped using colossus only because I have 10 R3 6*, and sadly lack a 6* colossus.

- Tiers are a way WAY better option to rank champs. Top 5 mutants are all within the same tier imo, and I don't think I can really fault anyone for believing that Apoc is better than OR, or AA is the best mutant.

You hating to use Omega without suicides means nothing about how good he is. And you can easily fault someone for thinking Poco's better than OR because it's simply not true.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    I have Apoc, Colossus, Omega, and AA at 5/65, and a 6sr2 awakened Mags.

They’re all great and have different uses. Why argue?

Because some people don’t like to admit they’re wrong.

Something we can agree on. A certain name really comes to mind... as if I see it right above this same comment I'm quoting. Odd. 🤔
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Etjama said:

IKON said:

Some thoughts

You hating to use Omega without suicides means nothing about how good he is. And you can easily fault someone for thinking Poco's better than OR because it's simply not true.
    Actually understanding there's no objective rankings and people's skill set changes the how they rank champions is a pretty important thing to comprehend.
    Anyway, to sum up this topic: OP, go for Colossus. You will not be disappointed because he is everyone’s favorite champ.
    Daphboy said:

This poor **** is probably never going to return to the forums for advice again. Gj team!

OP will return to the forums again, because after he chooses Colossus and is blown away by the champion, he will make sure to heed only my advice and ignore the others. He’ll come back and tell everyone, “this man is right about everything, and I wouldn’t be where I am today in MCOC if I didn’t listen to this man.”
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    It depends which tech and mutants you have. Pick whichever class you have the least other options in.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,976 ★★★★
    I am a colossus simp and even I know he's not the best. My order is Mags and AA (interchangeable), Apoc, then colossus, Or Omega (can be top 2 if you run suicides).
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

1) Magneto
    2) Omega Red
    3) Colossus
    4) Apocalypse
    5) Archangel

Magneto is fine on stun immune, just heavy counter. And he isnt bad for Non Metal matchups either.

So Omega thus doesnt work for 10 of 194 champs in the game. Colossus is also heavily gimped by anythinf antibuff. There arent that many bleed and poison, and many of them are terrible defenders.

Also, Act 5 isnt endgame content 😉.
    Since you’re curious: no, I am not IceBro, whoever he is. I am an endgame player, but I don’t care about mutant arguments. I don’t really care who are the top mutants. All I know is that Quake is #1 and Ghost is #2. If I am adamant about something, it is that. I will defend that opinion strongly.

In regards to the top mutants: It’s fun hearing about who would make the top 3 or 5, but I am more interested in everyone’s opinion about who is the best mutant overall. I think Magneto is the best overall. What do you think, Masterpuff?
    Thats fair. Personally, mine is:
    Omega
    Mags
    AA
    And then everything Else is disputable. But my personally opinion is that Prof X is on the level of Colossus. He can solo so many abyss fights and has some good utility.

I suppose wrong is subjective. I for one, definitely dont think colossus is top 3 but i know people who think he is as high as 1. And in terms of experience i have:
    R3 6* Apoc, r2 6* Namor(sig 75), r5 sig 200 Platpool, r5 sig 200 Omega, r2 6* Sig 40 Cable, r5 Domino, r5 sig 50 AA, r5 Mags, r5 sig 180 Colossus, r5 sig 100 Wolvie, r5 Prof X, r5/r1 Sunspot, and a r1 Emma. Also a r1 6* Havok.

So id say i have a good amount of experience with the mutant class. The only ones who i havent tested as horsemen are emma, Prof X, and Havok.

Having used them all, i can confidently stand by my top 3.
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    I would say g2099 bcuz I've found her useful for act 6.3-6.4 exploration. She's also the best option for apoc and he seems to be just everywhere nowadays
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Colossus would be my choice because he’s a beast and top 3 mutant in the game. He doesn’t need to be awakened, but it helps. He is also extremely helpful for Act 6. However, G99 is also a good choice. You cannot go wrong with either.

And don’t let anyone tell you that Colossus is not a top 3 mutant champion.

That's cap. Omega, Mags, AA, Poco are all better than Colossus. They have much more utility and their damage is still incredible. I'd go G99 on this one.
    AA and Apocalypse are top 5. But, Colossus is top 3.
    More cap
    You can complain all you want, but most top tier players agree that Colossus is better than AA and Apocalypse. Your hatred for Colossus is getting out of hand.
    Don't know what top tier players you're talking about, but almost all the top tier players I talk to use AA and Poco all the time while Colossus sits on the bench.
    he's obviously joking....
    MSD
    KT1
    Lagacy
    Seatin

Just to name a few.
    MSD loves Colossus. And even he has said he's not a top 3 Mutant. KT1 is the biggest Colossus simp of all time. Lagacy hates Colossus so I have no idea what you're talking about there. Seatin thinks Domino and Sunspot are better than Prof X and that Ghost is better than Quake. Never ever trust Seatin's rankings. Ever.
    Ghost is better than Quake
    Quake is better than Ghost and it’s not even close.

Quake is better than Ghost and it’s not even close.

Not even close is obnoxious, but it is 100% Quake.