**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Is it the same dev that is designing these champs?

The past year or however long. Ebony Maw, Prof X, Stryfe, Super Skrull and others.

Kinda **** champs, devs seem to love adding falter and making these champs harder to fight.

Meh. Just make champs mostly the same like back in the day.

Comments

• gage201205gage201205 Posts: 571 ★★★
    Lol yes falter has been added but how many champs ignore that now days
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★
    Thereis a team of devs - I doubt the ones you listed are all done by one person.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★

The past year or however long. Ebony Maw, Prof X, Stryfe, Super Skrull and others.

Kinda **** champs, devs seem to love adding falter and making these champs harder to fight.

Also, you act like Falter has been added to every champ for years. You've named 4 which are the only 4 in the game with a natural falter mechanic. Mysterio has it through the Night Thrasher synergy. There are champs that can bypass the falter as a counter as well as if you just pay attention you can play around it.

Each of the champs you listed aren't all the best or the worst. This game would be incredibly boring if every single one of the champs we have were all equal.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    While I get what your saying, as champs that can handle falter are few and adding more mechanics like it, is making the pool of needed champs vs useless more lopsided as time progresses. On the flipside, I would have lost interest a long time ago, if they didn't add new stuff like this. With their tune ups and buffs old champs become better and begin countering this stuff. Half the fun of playing is working out how to beat them. Probably 1st time with a proper counter then as I get better go and do it with someone rated useless.
  • Falter is actually a very nice mechanic to have, and it's potencials are infinite.

Here's a full guide on why is the falter mechanic so OP.

I'm now dead on the inside
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    I'm sorry you lost all credibility at Prof X and Stryfe
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★

Falter is actually a very nice mechanic to have, and it's potencials are infinite.

Here's a full guide on why is the falter mechanic so OP.

You impress me herald of maw
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Nah I prefer diversity and uniqueness in every champ.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Yeah because everyone loves those champs from back in the day.
    Yeah, I remember the good old days when the devs made Iron Man, and the shiny Iron Man, and that other Iron Man, and oh yeah there was also Spider Man. And the other Spider Man. We all sure miss those days, I especially miss the days when we all had Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel but everyone kept forgetting which one they had. Fun times.

True! I dont want those days! The newer champs are tons of times better!
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    You can just buy or download fighting games from the 90s.
  • Maltyo9Maltyo9 Posts: 270 ★★★
    herm said:

ok, I agree that this guy just needs to suck it up and stop whining but does anyone else getting annoyed when ppl respond with cope? Like, there are so many better ways to convey that same message that are more constructive and also more offensive. You can literally go to both ends of the spectrum and the word you choose is cope??? You could say "suck it up", or "go cry to your mom about it", or "take the L", or even "that's your problem / that sounds like a you problem" and you choose to use cope???

"Cope" > "Git gud"
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★

Prof X is amazing, man
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    HI_guys said:

Doom and maw were mad why the same person I think

Really? Wow. That is genuinely surprising to me. One of the best mystic champs in the game, and one of the noodliest damage in the game lol
  • You can just buy or download fighting games from the 90s.

Yeah, this is pretty much correct. I've spent wayyyy too much time on this game. Apparently the whippersnappers these days prefer having to watch hours of YouTube content just to play a damn game.

The champs I listed are ****. I could care less about the 'cope' or 'get gud' responses. They still are complete ****. And I'm not talking about playing as them, I mean "****, if I take this 5*r5 Corvus against this 2* Maw am I even gonna come out victorious?" I started playing this game as a way to relax multiple years ago and I only continue to play because I've spent so much time on it. I don't want new and exciting (while the power creep is real, the novel attached to character descriptions is absolutely absurd) champs twice a month. One champ per month should be more than adequate.
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★

Yeah, this is pretty much correct. I've spent wayyyy too much time on this game. Apparently the whippersnappers these days prefer having to watch hours of YouTube content just to play a damn game.

The champs I listed are ****. I could care less about the 'cope' or 'get gud' responses. They still are complete ****. And I'm not talking about playing as them, I mean "****, if I take this 5*r5 Corvus against this 2* Maw am I even gonna come out victorious?" I started playing this game as a way to relax multiple years ago and I only continue to play because I've spent so much time on it. I don't want new and exciting (while the power creep is real, the novel attached to character descriptions is absolutely absurd) champs twice a month. One champ per month should be more than adequate.
    Do u know corvus's light attack is not a crit right? If u r skilled enough u can just light intercept.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Yeah. This game has come a long way from being a relaxed game. I would say go for other games.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

HI_guys said:

Doom and maw were mad why the same person I think

Really? Wow. That is genuinely surprising to me. One of the best mystic champs in the game, and one of the noodliest damage in the game lol
    The devs are given a fixed budget of awesome every year, and sometimes they save it up and use it all at once.
    I’m pretty convinced they have a board in the office and one champ a year is slated to be a meta shifter. Although 2019 didn’t really have a strong meta shift , maybe Magneto vs Metal , and possibly
    Apoc creating an entire new class of mutants.

I think they may focus on team shifts which is why synergies have unique tags now , they want people mixing their rosters, so I think that may be the actual “budget” of what they go through. They attempted to do that with 6.2 and 6.3 and V1. Didn’t realize how most people were dependent on champs and not teams, and gave up. I just don’t know where 2021 will head but I’m excited.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★

The champs I listed are ****.
    This is completely wrong. You may just have to get good at playing them