**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Am I the only one...?

MasterduxMasterdux Posts: 360 ★★★
...Who has been finding themselves less and less excited whit the game?
Don't get me wrong, I still love the game, but I feel that since 2021 came around I just don't feel like playing nearly as much as i used to, some of the reasons are:
  • Boring side quests the rewards may be good, but I just can't be excited about doing the same 9 fights 20+ times like it was on the arcade, or about doing 12 paths whit the same global node (Even though this was a relieve after the arcade).
  • Uninteresting featured crystals I used to feel desinterested in the game the deeper my roster got, I just did not care about opening crystals, thats when I decided to star opening featureds and it was a great decision, the last featured 5* was great, this one has some champions reapering from the last featured, and a lot of the same old champs that are on the current featured 6*, next featured could be even worse taking into account Jubilee, Super-Skrull and Psycho-Man are pretty meh champions performance wise.
  • Lack of new content December was awesome after 7.1 and variant 6 where released, since then we have not since or heard of anything new whit the exception of the 7.2 beta, maybe if they would have hold variant 6 for january I would not feel like this, but that's just and if.
  • Lack of information I understand that they don't announce the new buffs because people could pull the triger on champs who may not become that great after and then we would get floded whit complain discusions, but not having news about whats coming just make me not care, the last dev diary only adressed cav difficulty (In all fairness the content that I look forward every month) and there is a lot of stuff that was preaviously announced and we had no updates in a while.
  • Same old mechanics Alliance war and quest are the same as always, Quest is the same path whit the same mini and final bosses, war was never a part of the game that I enjoyed that much, but still is one of the only things that keep me playing all month long.

I don't think i'll stop playing anytime soon, but I do feel this way for the first time after 3 and a half years playing, so the question remains: Am I the only one? if you are not... how do you find the motivation to continue playing a lot? I just feel like in a coupple months I will only do Cavalier, the side quest and thats It, and it sucks.

Comments

• Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I am also in your boat.
  • DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
    Nah, I’m still loving this game and having the time of my life. Looking forward to Summer of Pain.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★
    Do you not do Incursions?
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Burnout for me comes with the slow realization that I may never get that champ I want/need, then I get them and forget about it all until it happens again.

In short, I'm an idiot.

That fact aside, having the ability to work towards a white whale would ensure that I take less breaks. Fat chance of that, though.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Monke said:

I’m stuck in act 6. I have no motivation to do almost anything anymore. I either have to quit and retry if I can’t get the content done, and then I just feel like I’m wasting my day

It’s fun I guess testing different champs cheesing content

This. Exactly this is where I am right now. Act 6 is such a slog although considerably better than pre-nerf. I too have no motivation to do anything. All the 2021 champs so far have been meh except for Stryfe. Nothing much is going on in the game apart from the side-quests. These two side-quests have felt more grindy than fun (grinding arena every single week or losing rewards, doing fights with the same node multiple times throughout the month, doing literally the same 9 fights more than 32 times, etc.). Add to that that the game is really unstable and crashes, bug, lags ,etc are happening a ton. Hope March is consdiraly better and they release some special boss-rush or Variant 7.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    This is exactly how I’m feeling. I really don’t enjoy Act 6, so I’m gonna do Abyss. At this point, I just want an iHulk then I’m probably gonna take the game very slow and just mess around for a while and quit alliance stuff. The game has gotten quite slow for me.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

This exactly how I’m feeling. I really don’t enjoy Act 6, so I’m gonna do Abyss. At this point, I just want an iHulk then I’m probably gonna take the game very slow and just mess around for a while and quit alliance stuff. The game has gotten quite slow for me.

Yep, all I do these days is to mess about with champs in Rol and test my Prof X.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

This exactly how I’m feeling. I really don’t enjoy Act 6, so I’m gonna do Abyss. At this point, I just want an iHulk then I’m probably gonna take the game very slow and just mess around for a while and quit alliance stuff. The game has gotten quite slow for me.

Yep, all I do these days is to mess about with champs in Rol and test my Prof X.
    I’ve been doing the side quest and arena, and that’s it. I like messing around with random champs I get in ROL too, but honestly even crystals pulls have gotten boring to me. At this point the only exciting champs I could get are iHulk, Doom, and Quake.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    The fun of the game is all about chasing the unchaseable. I'm still chasing a lot so I'm still having fun.
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★

The fun of the game is all about chasing the unchaseable. I'm still chasing a lot so I'm still having fun.

Same, but I am a bit more hardcore in a way I guess, my goal in this game is to explore act 6 100% and I am not going to stop until I get there
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Nope. I'm doing ok. I just finished exploration of 7.1 and there is a TON of content left for me to do, if / when I wish to do it: Variants 3, 5,6 exploration and Act 6 exploration (although this one is doubtful). Between monthly events and ranking up champs I enjoy using or need for certain game content, I'm keeping myself busy just fine.

The biggest joy for me is getting the resources to max out a champ I want / need and then putting him to work in certain content. I am actually waiting for War Season rewards to do that with Storm X (6R2). And then on the next one. In the next few months hopefully I will get TB, which will only make this whole process easier (I hope).

In a nutshell, I keep finding joy and interest in this game.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

Nah, I’m still loving this game and having the time of my life. Looking forward to Summer of Pain.

Ive been excited for it since it was announced. Too bad it still hasnt been released.

And im just chillin right now, no real content, some arena, and im joining a map 5 p2 ally which is fun especially with some familiar faces in it.