**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Angela Buff - Potential Cosmic She-Hulk?

I’m hoping they let her furies stack higher. I think a solid buff would be to keep fury #s as is but allow stack to 5 let’s say - OR - lower the fury increase but allow for much higher stack, making her more like a she-hulk. Assuming Aptitude comes into play as well. Regen seems fine given her damage. What do you think they’ll do? My 6* is curious.

Comments

• StfckrStfckr Posts: 36

it’s just a number update, so I’d say no aptitude

Right but she has aptitude currently. Which brings the need for a tweak to light!

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Stfckr said:

Etjama said:

No. Even if she gains unlimited ramp-up live Shulk, it's a number only update and she doesn't have any utility. She-Hulk does.

Maybe a bad comparison I was focusing on the damage aspect. Cosmic Star Lord : )

That I can see. I hope the buff will be better than I expect, but I'm not using a duped Star-Lord at all in today's meta. I hope Kabam breaks their own rules a bit and give her some utility.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Stfckr said:

it’s just a number update, so I’d say no aptitude

Right but she has aptitude currently. Which brings the need for a tweak to light!

She does?

as you can tell I don’t use Angela much
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Stfckr said:

Etjama said:

No. Even if she gains unlimited ramp-up live Shulk, it's a number only update and she doesn't have any utility. She-Hulk does.

Maybe a bad comparison I was focusing on the damage aspect. Cosmic Star Lord : )

That I can see. I hope the buff will be better than I expect, but I'm not using a duped Star-Lord at all in today's meta. I hope Kabam breaks their own rules a bit and give her some utility.
    They may - Kingpin was a 'numbers buff', but they actually altered his Rage into a debuff, and altered how his SP2 Unstoppable mechanic works, to make it better both on defense and offense.

They also moved the Iso-8 debuff from the third to the second hit of his SP1, and let it stack.

Similar changes for Angela could be:
    - Moving her buff generation to the activation of a Special Attack, rather than the end; thus having it active during the attack (rather than removed at the beginning, and replaced after the attack is over)
    - Increasing her base Special Attack damage to actually cause some damage.
    - Tweaking her Sig to extend or increase the potency of her personal buffs (most helpful for her Regen).
    - Allowing her additional stacks of each buff.

It wouldn't require much rule-bending for them to replace her SP3 aptitude buff with something like Vigilance or True Accuracy; which would be a small utility boost.

We can hope...
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,391 ★★★★★
    Better question is who are the other 3 lol
  • ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Posts: 350 ★★★

Better question is who are the other 3 lol

This is the best question... these t5ccs are burning a hole in my pocket!!!
    edited February 2021
    No_oneuk said:

Etjama said:

Stfckr said:

Etjama said:

They may - Kingpin was a 'numbers buff', but they actually altered his Rage into a debuff, and altered how his SP2 Unstoppable mechanic works, to make it better both on defense and offense.

They also moved the Iso-8 debuff from the third to the second hit of his SP1, and let it stack.

Similar changes for Angela could be:
    - Moving her buff generation to the activation of a Special Attack, rather than the end; thus having it active during the attack (rather than removed at the beginning, and replaced after the attack is over)
    - Increasing her base Special Attack damage to actually cause some damage.
    - Tweaking her Sig to extend or increase the potency of her personal buffs (most helpful for her Regen).
    - Allowing her additional stacks of each buff.

It wouldn't require much rule-bending for them to replace her SP3 aptitude buff with something like Vigilance or True Accuracy; which would be a small utility boost.

We can hope...
    Kingpin was not a numbers buff.
    We'll yes, but the thing is, whilst the forum mods may want to set our expectations, these buffs aren't really in well-defined categories.

Yellowjacket was changed vastly more than Kingpin; yet both were pitched in advance as the same kind of Buff.

YJ was close to being a full overhaul; whilst KP was relatively close to being just a numbers buff (and in some situations, he's effectively been nerfed)

Really, we can expect a change in the numbers; but the Devs have every option they want to make other changes - or none at all. Their aim is to make the champion useable; and if they feel that she needs some utility, she'll get it. If they don't feel it's required, she won't.
    Someone mentioned in another thread, so I thought I'd add it here: Can Angela be given a #GOTG tag during this buff? She was on the team for a while, and it'd be nice to have more options during the Guardian Use Event.

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    I’d love a longer Fury and a small Regen boost. Would be nice to get improved Aptitude or the ability to access outside Sp3.

It would be nice to have a little Sig Ability rework as well—maybe give her a % of a bar of power each time she doesn’t get a buff nullified.

Regardless, she’s already a useful champ—any numbers boost is icing on the cake.

Dr. Zola

Well yes, but the thing is, whilst the forum mods may want to set our expectations, these buffs aren't really in well-defined categories.
    Really, we can expect a change in the numbers; but the Devs have every option they want to make other changes - or none at all. Their aim is to make the champion useable; and if they feel that she needs some utility, she'll get it. If they don't feel it's required, she won't.

Indeed, @HI_guys

It looks pretty good. Looking forward to trying it out.
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    All i care about angela is may her spacial attack 1 and 2 hits a bit harder.