Champion Spotlight - Masacre (2021 Update)

About Masacre
Deadpool once visited a church in Mexico, stopping to give confession. The priest who took his confession was convinced by it that the world needed to be punished, becoming the mercenary Masacre. Extracting information from the reluctant Inspector Jaime Gordón, Masacre tracks down and takes out the crime lord Calavera de Jade. The very next day Masacre rides off to New York, joining Deadpool’s Mercs for Money.

Character Class: Skill

Basic Abilities: Ignite, Disorient, Bleed, Incinerate
  • Health: 30636
  • Attack: 2358
  • Max PI:
  • Without Signature: 7607
  • With Signature (200): 10590
ABILITIES:
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion

Failed Incinerate Effects
  • Each time an Incinerate effect fails to apply due to an Immunity, the target instead takes a burst of 1591.65 Energy Damage.
Baseball Bat Attacks
  • First, second and third Light Attack, as well as the first Medium and Heavy attack utilize the Baseball Bat.
Baseball Bat Attacks - While Building Ignition Charges
  • +700 Block Penetration.
  • Landing a Critical Hit, being Blocked, or striking an opponent that has an Incinerate Debuff grants 1 Ignition Charge for 20 seconds.
  • Critical Hits deal an additional 10% of damage dealt as a burst of Energy Damage for each Ignition Charge.
  • While Ignited, Masacre cannot gain Ignition Charges.
  • Upon reaching 10 Ignition Charges, all Charges are consumed and Mascare’s Bat becomes Ignited for 20 seconds.
Baseball Bat Attacks - While Ignited
  • +1400 Block Penetration.
  • Gain Power when striking a Block as if landing a Hit.
  • 100% chance to inflict an Incinerate Debuff, causing 1591.65 Energy Damage over 5 seconds, removing Perfect Block Chance and reducing Block Proficiency by 50%.
  • These Incinerate Debuffs gain +1 second duration for each Incinerate on the opponent. Max: +5 Seconds.
When Blocked
  • Opponent suffers -50% Ability Accuracy if they have at least 1 Debuff.
Heavy Attack
  • Each Bat Hit against an Incinerated Opponent generates an additional Ignition Charge.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
Special 1
  • 100% chance to inflict a Disorient Debuff lasting 12 seconds and reducing Defensive Ability Accuracy and Block Proficiency by 50%. +200% Duration if the opponent doesn’t have an Incinerate Debuff.
  • 100% chance to refresh all active Incinerate Debuffs on the opponent.
  • Machete Hits have a 100% chance to inflict a Bleed Debuff, causing 1768.5 direct damage over 20 seconds.

Special 2
  • +1400 Block Penetration if Ignited
  • +31540.61 Attack Rating if Blocked.
  • If Masacre strikes into a Block, he will avoid incoming attacks for 1.0 second granting them a 100% chance to Miss.

Special 3
  • 100% chance to inflict an Incinerate Debuff, causing 7074 Energy Damage over 5 seconds, removing Perfect Block Chance and reducing Block Proficiency by 50%.

Signature Ability - Enthusiastic Punishment
  • Mascare’s fervor for the job grants him the following:
  • +{10 - 30}% Combat Power Rate while attacking.
  • +{0.1 - 0.3->0.4897} Critical Rating.

SYNERGY BONUSES
Inspiration - Deadpool, Deadpool (X-Force), Goldpool - Unique Synergy
  • Increase Critical Rating by 200 while the Opponent is Bleeding.

Get in the Pool - Gwenpool, Venompool - Unique Synergy
  • Masacre: Ignited’s Duration increases by 25%.
  • Gwenpool: Incinerate Debuffs have their Durations increased by 25%.
  • Venompool: Debuffs and Buffs have their Durations increased by 25%.

Mercs for Money - Domino - Unique Synergy
  • Masacre: At the start of the fight, and when Ignited expires, gain between 1 and 5 Ignition Charges.
  • Domino: Debuffs last 1 second longer.

Spiritual Strength - Daredeveil, Daredevil (Hell's Kitchen) - Unique Synergy
  • Masacre: Gain a 10% chance to Evade, against an Incinerated Opponent, while not Blocking.
  • Daredevil (Classic): Evading a Projectile grants a Passive Precision, increasing Crit Rate by 100 for 10 seconds.
  • Daredevil (Hell's Kitchen): Keeps half his Combo Meter between fights. Max amount retained between fights: 30 Combo Meter.
Playing with Fire - Red Hulk - Unique Synergy
  • Masacre: Blocking a contact attack while Ignited places an Incinerate on the Opponent as if they had been Struck by Masacre’s bat.
  • Red Hulk: Start the fight with 2 Heat Charges.

RECOMMENDED MASTERIES
Precision
  • Masacre wants to spend as much time with his bat Ignited as possible. More critical hits with his bat will help increase this up time.

Inequity
  • Masacre can stack lots of Incinerate, as well as some Bleed. He should be able to keep Inequity in full force through much of the fight.

Assassin
  • The Attack increase will affect Masacre’s Incinerate damage, and the Defensive Ability Accuracy reduction will help cover for moments when Disorient happens to fall off.

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 2,591 ★★★★★
    Okay I guess, will need to study him some more.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 3,649 ★★★★★
    I think nobody else uses masacre here but I am excited to test him.
  • mariodevmariodev Posts: 3
    I had never played Massacre in serious content, only in Arena. Is someone here, that can say what is changing about
    him?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 4,836 ★★★★★

I have a 6* r2 I use routinely
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 489 ★★★

Yeah most players just drag him along for Domino but he was always fun for me to play.

The biggest change is his charges now last 20 seconds instead of 10. His main weakness is igniting his bat at first during the fight and this will make it easier by far. Second biggest change is the increase to miss from .75 to 1 second because now it's much more safe to use his SP2 into the block. Said Sp2 now will do even more damage and it was already doing stupidly high damage.

You gotta look at his SP2 into the block. It does adds 31k attack when used into their block. But that's only that part. You need to include the innate 1400 block penetration once ignited. But wait, theirs more. You also have to add any incenerates on the enemy which reduces block Proficiency by 50% (I think its 50% EACH but don't quote me on that). So basically, some stupid damage as I said. Plus its safer to use it now.

His sig is changed to no longer being affected by all debuffs to just incenerate meaning parries no longer slow you down and you can spam SP1s like mad at high sigs.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 609 ★★★
    mariodev said:

I had never played Massacre in serious content, only in Arena. Is someone here, that can say what is changing about
    him?

Ignition Charges' duration doubled (from 10s to 20s) means an easier time reaching the Ignited mode (that has seen his duration increased from 16s to 20s), increased atk and added block penetration on SP2 means a LOT of damage if thrown on a champion's block while ignited and with some incinerates on the opponent ^_^
  • DonDudu2809DonDudu2809 Posts: 262 ★★
    +31k attack while the opponent is blocking on sp2? Is that accurate or is it 3.1k? @Kabam Zibiit
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 609 ★★★
    @DonDudu2809 it's accurate, and it's only 11K higher than what it is now ^_^ i presume that you have never took a Masacre's SP2 onto the block, right? XD
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 694 ★★★
    SpideyDNA said:

I know some YouTube'rs highlight what's new and wonderful, but I agree, on these updates, it would be great to see a side-by-side comparison so we can better understand what was changed/improved and why we should be excited about it.

Go to AuntM.ai.com and compare them before the changes go live.

https://auntm.ai/champions/masacre/tier/5
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 489 ★★★

@DonDudu2809 it's accurate, and it's only 11K higher than what it is now ^_^ i presume that you have never took a Masacre's SP2 onto the block, right? XD

I assume that player never did or they would see their health bar go from 0-100 real quick. That's always my biggest fear in fighting any Massacre, accidentally pushing him to a SP2, getting nervous and miss time the evade. It's actually better to get hit by it than block it which was always funny.
  • DonDudu2809DonDudu2809 Posts: 262 ★★

I deffinetelly took some, but just assumed it's that high beacuse of the block penetration in combination with the 15k+ attacks in some endgame content...
    edited February 26
    Saiyan said:

Yeah most players just drag him along for Domino but he was always fun for me to play.

The biggest change is his charges now last 20 seconds instead of 10. His main weakness is igniting his bat at first during the fight and this will make it easier by far. Second biggest change is the increase to miss from .75 to 1 second because now it's much more safe to use his SP2 into the block. Said Sp2 now will do even more damage and it was already doing stupidly high damage.

You gotta look at his SP2 into the block. It does adds 31k attack when used into their block. But that's only that part. You need to include the innate 1400 block penetration once ignited. But wait, theirs more. You also have to add any incenerates on the enemy which reduces block Proficiency by 50% (I think its 50% EACH but don't quote me on that). So basically, some stupid damage as I said. Plus its safer to use it now.

His sig is changed to no longer being affected by all debuffs to just incenerate meaning parries no longer slow you down and you can spam SP1s like mad at high sigs.
    It is multiplicative according to Dorky Dave. So first incinerate is 50% of BP, next one is 50% of that value (so 25%), third one another 50% (12,5%), so basically BP * (1/(2^nrIncinerates)).
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 429 ★★
    Saiyan said:

While incinerates are active your block prof is reduced by 50%. This is in case of all incinerates. Now sp2 also has block penetration when ignited. So if you combine the 2 this can do massive damage. But has always been ahrd to maintain. May be buff ll help you do it more easily
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 5,644 ★★★★★
    Does this guy have any utility other than disorient?
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,206 ★★★

-50% AAR during opponent block while suffering from passive dmg,combat power rate,miss mechanic,BP and perfect block decrease,yeah but he's only a dmg machine,but that dmg is too high.
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 429 ★★
    You have massacred his AAR via Disorient. You give them one thing while taking another away. Which is the recurring theme with this month's buffs. Either Disorient or incinerates you cant have both. You either get damage or immunity with CW. Also took away Hood's hex reliability. Does kabam believe in the slightest that if you dont take these abilities away these champs will be OP? Again, these buffs are fine. But you have made something that could be great , just decent.
  • KKNJ07KKNJ07 Posts: 10
    SP3 incinerate duration reduced from 20 seconds to 5 seconds? Is that correct @Kabam Zibiit ?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 5,644 ★★★★★
    edited February 27

-50% AAR during opponent block while suffering from passive dmg,combat power rate,miss mechanic,BP and perfect block decrease,yeah but he's only a dmg machine,but that dmg is too high.
    None of those are proper utilities though. Miss mechanic is literally of sp2 and why use sp2 anyways? Kinda disappointed since they also reduced his disorient thing and is basically another generic damage dealer which we already have a ton off. In today's meta, a champion needs utility to succeed.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 473 ★★
    The thing that is hard to decipher from this is that it is much easier to get ignited, especially with a max signature ability. That was probably the point of the buff. You would notice upon playing him that the charges were dropping off almost faster than you could accumulate them, and the signature was useless for gaining charges on crit during bleed, weakness debuff (resonate), or parry/stun, which was most of the time.
    edited March 1

Okay I guess, will need to study him some more.

So if I get this straight:
    - Ignition charges goes from 10 -> 20 seconds. This is pretty good, it was sometimes stressful to keep them up.
    - Ignited goes from 16 -> 20 seconds. So more time to place incinerates.
    - SP1 disorient debuff duration is doubled when not incinerated, while previously it doubled when incinerated. I don't know how this will play out.
    - SP2 has +1400 block penetration while ignited, on top of the base +1400 block penetration while ignited. On top of that, +54% more attack rating when blocked and +0.25 seconds extra time to miss incoming attacks when blocked. That's some serious buff!
    - SP3 incinerate debuff goes from 20 seconds to 5 seconds with same damage. I don't see why this was changed?
    - Sig ability is the same, but he gains those bonuses also when there's a debuff on the opponent. That's good, it felt unnecessary restrictive and punitive for using parry or the disorient debuff.

Exactly the right tune-up, shame the same approach wasn't done for The Hood.
  • Cam97Cam97 Posts: 221

You have massacred his AAR via Disorient. You give them one thing while taking another away. Which is the recurring theme with this month's buffs. Either Disorient or incinerates you cant have both. You either get damage or immunity with CW. Also took away Hood's hex reliability. Does kabam believe in the slightest that if you dont take these abilities away these champs will be OP? Again, these buffs are fine. But you have made something that could be great , just decent.

Ehh is Massacre really gonna be your answer for reliable AAR? It's not like they took away a sure thing AAR.

I find him similar to bwdo. 2 good.skill champs with Heavy DOT who has mediocre AAR. Along with both having hard hitting SP2
  • Cam97Cam97 Posts: 221
    Saiyan said:

I assume that player never did or they would see their health bar go from 0-100 real quick. That's always my biggest fear in fighting any Massacre, accidentally pushing him to a SP2, getting nervous and miss time the evade. It's actually better to get hit by it than block it which was always funny.
    And on top of that it is a unique, fast, and for me always a tricky dexterity attempt. The gunshot is fast while the gun throw is very slow. Always tough to nail