Champion Spotlight - The Hood (2021 Update)

About The Hood
Always fascinated with super humans, young petty thief Parker Robbins used his gains to help his family, including his ailing mother. When a burglary took an unexpected turn, Parker found himself in possession of a pair of mystical boots and cloak. Struggling to understand the supernatural items, he learned they granted him limited powers, including invisibility and the ability to walk on air. Dubbed "The Hood" by the police, Parker soon found himself forced down a darker path, using his newfound powers to start his own criminal empire to ensure the safety of his family.

The Hood’s Mechanics

The Hood’s new kit makes him the Mystical master of Miss! His new Hex Pistols mechanic gives him a totally new avenue to damage, and an upgrade to his Miss lets you reliably deal with Special Attacks if used correctly. More damage and more reliable utility has Hood shining in a whole new light.

Base Stats & Abilities
   Health  Attack  PI (Max Signature)
 3-Star  6184  458  1806
 4-Star  15508  1148  4531
 5-Star  31093  2301  10370
 6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)  40065  2965  13330

Character Class: Mystic

Basic Abilities: Invisibility, Stagger, Shock, Bleed

STRENGTHS:
  • Miss
  • With Hood's update he has his Miss more consistently, use this to deal with some hard to dodge specials and find more openings on your opponents.

• Stagger
  • Hood has near constant uptime on his Stagger letting him deal with tons of buffs with ease.
WEAKNESSES:
  • Nullify:
  • Hood’s Invisibility is a Buff, so be careful with fighting against anything that will remove your Buffs!

ABILITIES:
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion

Hex Pistols - Loaded Bullets: 28 - Max Loaded Bullets: 42
  • The Hood’s Bullets Persist from fight to fight within a Quest.
  • Nullify a Buff: Load 2 Bullets.
  • Make the opponent Miss while Invisible: Load 1 Bullet when the Invisibility ends.
Hex Pistols - Medium Attacks & Special 2 Up Buffs
  • 100% chance to Fire a Bullet and inflict a stacking Hex, lasting 12 seconds. Each Hex deals a burst of 1150.5 Energy Damage when it Expires and is Refreshed when a new Hex is gained.
Dev Note: Hood’s new damage mechanic, stack up a ton of these and cash in for big damage on the heavy attack!

Dash Back and Hold Block for 1.2 Seconds
  • 100% chance to gain an Invisibility Buff lasting 8 seconds.
  • When Ending: Invisibility goes on Cooldown for 6 seconds.
  • While Active: Hood’s Attacks gain +592.31 Critical Damage Rating and ignore 75% Armor Rating and Block Proficiency.
  • While Active: Incoming attacks have a 120% chance to Miss. Each time the opponent Misses an attack, this Miss chance is decreased by a flat 20% until the Invisibility ends.
Dev Note: Pair this with the Special 2 to have consistent uptime on the Invisibility.

Critical Hits
  • 100% chance to inflict a non-stacking Stagger Passive lasting 5 seconds. When a Staggered opponent gains a Buff, that Buff and all Buffs triggered at the same time are Nullified.
  • When this Stagger ends, it inflicts 345.15 direct damage on the opponent and heals The Hood for a matching amount.
Heavy Attacks
  • Pause all Bleed Debuffs on the opponent for 5 seconds.
  • Cause all Hexes to Expire immediately, with +75% Potency.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
Special 1 - Eldritch Arc
  • 100% chance to inflict a non-stacking Shock Debuff, causing 3451.5 Energy Damage over 7.5 seconds.
  • If this Shock expires after lasting its full duration, 100% chance to inflict a Stun Debuff, lasting 3 seconds.

Special 2 - Occult Onslaught
  • 1The final shot spends 5 Bullets to grant a 100% chance to inflict a Hex Vulnerability Debuff, increasing the Potency of all new and existing Hexes by 50% until a Hex Expires on the opponent.
  • At the end of the attack, activate Invisibility.
Dev Note: Pair this with the heavy attack to maximize damage with your Hexes!

Special 3 - Dark Pact
  • +1725.75 Attack Rating for each full bar of Power the opponent has.
  • 100% chance to inflict a Bleed Debuff, causing 3451.5 direct damage over 6 seconds.

Signature Ability - Dark Dealings
  • While Invisible
  • The Hood becomes Immune to all Stun effects. Additionally, Firing a Bullet while Invisible has a 45% chance to Steal 10% of the opponent’s current Power, gaining twice that amount in the process.

SYNERGY BONUSES
Crime Bosses - Joe Fixit, Kingpin - Unique
  • Villain Champions: +150 Armor Rating, +150 Critical Rating, +5% Perfect Block Chance & +5% Health Rating.

Dark Empowerment - Dormammu
  • Non-Robot Villain Champions: 20% chance to Revive at 10% Health when receiving a Knockout blow.

Enemies - Punisher, Doctor Voodoo, Tigra, Doctor Strange
  • All Champions: +155 Critical Rating

Teammates - Loki, Iron Patriot, Terrax, Taskmaster
  • All Champions: +5% Perfect Block Chance

Comments

• X_Factor_AgentX_Factor_Agent Posts: 2,854 ★★★★★
    No regen 💔
  • He might be reaaalllyyy good for the 6.2.6 champion boss. And I’m unclear, if I could stack the invisibility buff somehow (like via buff cornucopia) does each invisibility grant a cumulative 120%? So if I had two, could I guarantee 7 missed hits before I have to worry?
  • ElsaEternalElsaEternal Posts: 86

Wait, so once you're out of bullets he's useless? So now he is like Diablo. This doesn't sound like a buff.

But it seems as if he will be constantly reloading as long as you're fighting champs that gain buffs.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 6,950 ★★★★★
    edited February 26
    Critical Hits

100% chance to inflict a non-stacking Stagger Passive lasting 5 seconds. When a Staggered opponent gains a Buff, that Buff and all Buffs triggered at the same time are Nullified.
    When this Stagger ends, it inflicts 345.15 direct damage on the opponent and heals The Hood for a matching amount.

Idk what you guys are reading but he still has regen. The only limited thing in his persistence is the hex debuffs, not his stagger so I do think it’s pretty good.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,047 ★★★★★

He might be reaaalllyyy good for the 6.2.6 champion boss. And I’m unclear, if I could stack the invisibility buff somehow (like via buff cornucopia) does each invisibility grant a cumulative 120%? So if I had two, could I guarantee 7 missed hits before I have to worry?

This will make him worse for it, but he’s already a great option, people have done it with r3 5* hood
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 397 ★★
    I'm not a Hood user so I cannot fairly compare him now with previous but I feel like his just missing 1 thing, his invisibility shouldn't be a buff, should be just like G2099 , invisible woman and ghost phasing. Wait a minute, but how is his a buff now? Like you're calling shots on different kinds of level lol
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 1,428 ★★★★
    Do his hexes still Fate Seal and reduce accuracy? They have to do something or there wouldn't be a potency to increase with the L2.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 278 ★★

Do his hexes still Fate Seal and reduce accuracy? They have to do something or there wouldn't be a potency to increase with the L2.

Exactly, this is why we are saying this is a nerf.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 2,652 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

I'm not a Hood user so I cannot fairly compare him now with previous but I feel like his just missing 1 thing, his invisibility shouldn't be a buff, should be just like G2099 , invisible woman and ghost phasing. Wait a minute, but how is his a buff now? Like you're calling shots on different kinds of level lol

It was always a buff.
    gforcefan said:

So it increases the potency of the nothing? If it only had expiration damage, it wouldn't make sense to mention a potency effect. That seems more of an oversight than a purposeful nerfing.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 397 ★★
    edited February 26

J0eySn0w said:

It was always a buff.
    Oh okay, didn't know that. Meaning, if you nullify it he wouldn't go invisible. I mean I've fought him several times but didn't notice if that buff was nullified him going invisible wont be a problem.

Edit:
    On a second thought, it prolly make sense for his character if he needs the cloak to go invisible meaning when you nullify it it's like Jerry stole the cloak and now he can't go invisible. :smile:
    Then again I know nothing about this comic character lol
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 384 ★★★

gforcefan said:

So it increases the potency of the nothing? If it only had expiration damage, it wouldn't make sense to mention a potency effect. That seems more of an oversight than a purposeful nerfing.
    Potency includes damage, so by increasing the Potency by 50% they are saying it will increase the damage of the hex explosion by 50%. The idea is stack some hexes -> Do SP2 to increase hex damage -> Land a heavy to detonate them with even more bonus hex damage.

However the damage doesn't seem all that worth it even with both potency increases. 50% from SP2 plus 75% from the heavy with 6 hexes (3 combos) will do (1150 x 1.5 x 1.75 x 6) = 18,110 energy damage. Decent, but nothing special compared to today's damage levels.

gforcefan said:

Potency includes damage, so by increasing the Potency by 50% they are saying it will increase the damage of the hex explosion by 50%. The idea is stack some hexes -> Do SP2 to increase hex damage -> Land a heavy to detonate them with even more bonus hex damage.

However the damage doesn't seem all that worth it even with both potency increases. 50% from SP2 plus 75% from the heavy with 6 hexes (3 combos) will do (1150 x 1.5 x 1.75 x 6) = 18,110 energy damage. Decent, but nothing special compared to today's damage levels.
    I'm saying that's an oddly incongruous way to say +X damage.
  • Leslie316Leslie316 Posts: 7
    edited February 27
    so they took away his fate seal, his fate seal was a big important part of his weapon, well...a lot of people who rank him up this Hood are specifically SP2 fate seal, i hope Kabam please reconsider this matter
  • IliphasIliphas Posts: 33
    edited February 27
    As strange as it sounds, I think it would be a great solution to give him synergy with Kingpin or Dormammu, which would add the missing fate seal debuff to his second special attack.
    Now he looks very sad just like a mystic. The closest comparison is Tigra, she has no way to remove the buff that has already appeared, only to prevent its activation.
    As you understand, the Hood now has exactly the same problem, there are no active staggers - there are no removed buffs, and, accordingly, you can pay very much for it on some character with unstoppable buffs.