Champion Spotlight - Civil Warrior (2021 Update)

2»

Comments

• JaximosJaximos Posts: 43
    If the fury buffs are refreshed each time you convert armor up buffs, does that mean that any previously expired furies will come back with new ones or will it be that you have to start from 0 each time?
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    He would be really good after the buff ,but the only thing is that 12 second fury would just destroy his playstyle, doing 1 or 2 combo and dashing back for refresh especially looking at his BP and I think 25% bleed and poison potency was better than AAR.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 4,114 ★★★★★
    He looks really interesting. It'll be great to try him out.

I suspect sustaining the Furies might be easier than people expect, given the large Power Burn on his SP2. Sure there'll be a fair bit of dashing in/out/hold block; but you won't need to block that many Specials, if you can keep burning your opponent's Power.

I'm curious about the 'indefinite' armour buffs from his Sig: do these get consumed/converted as usual? Frankly it'd be better if they weren't...
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,267 ★★★★
    CMM and Fury just got a new best friend, I think. And I love trans-class synergy teams.
  • Dex_RebırthDex_Rebırth Posts: 45
    when does the update arrive?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 6,838 ★★★★★

In a couple days I'd wager.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 448 ★★★

CMM and Fury just got a new best friend, I think. And I love trans-class synergy teams.

It’s going to be interesting to see how he fits in with those two. Having a boosted Fury duration might be useful for helping manage CW’s furies better if it’s an issue, as well as giving some Coldsnap etc immunity back in return. We’ll see.

• BulmktBulmkt Posts: 884 ★★★
    Thank God they have turned CW into something great!
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 6,877 ★★★★★

Could be at 10am pdt on 1 Mar 2021.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

This is an okay rework. I see some potential. Proof is the eating of the pudding.

I think it is more than okay rework. I do wonder if you can keep one AU buff for Havok, or do you always lose them when converting into Fury buffs?

A shame the SP3 is only one bar of power instead of 55% power.

But overall a job well-done.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    just did a fight with CW and i was getting a lot of armor ups, seems that hits on the block (both given and taken) count for the 5-hit armor up activation. Is that how it's supposed to work? ^_^
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,023 ★★★★
    Does pausing buffs/debuffs mean that they still apply their effect and just last longer or do they last longer but not apply their effect for the duration of the pause?
  • MastercrisMastercris Posts: 87
    Trading between damage and utility is the reason a lot of champs don’t make it to the top or the meta. Is there a possibility for a slight change or is he buffed and won’t be revisited for the next two years or maybe only with a synergy?
    I think it’s sad that kabam doesn’t use the ccp to test those characters, because their insight and the feedback from players could help tune the champions slightly better. For example this one.
    Potency vs AAR. Most players would choose potency, because of the free heal, which would be awesome since he can’t, even though he has an arc reactor. But this choice is understandable.

But you know what is really weird with his design? He has a super advanced shield and can’t do anything with it. Block unblockable oder parry projectiles, nothing, which is sad, because his design and his abilities don’t align.

But there are some flaws with his design. He is immune to nullify, but he still triggers mystic dispersion, which makes him a good buffet counter unless there is a mystic there.
    Against an offensive AI like mysterio’s or doom’s which are throwing heavies like crazy, this 1.2 seconds are just too long, so he is not really viable for the higher tier content.

One solution is to make his buffs indefinitely. That way you can combine utility and damage and pick how much damage you want or how much utility you want to trade in. You won’t need to hold block every few seconds and in long fights you can fully ramp him up with his full utility. The way he is now, he is too hard to maintain and not viable because it is kind of annoying and not fun. This small change could fix him and then I would consider to r3 him, because there are not many good tech champs anyway. Please consider it, everyone is talking about Angela and Masacre and civil warrior is easy to fix.
    the last improvements they have made have been really mediocre and disappointing

the last improvements they have made have been really mediocre and disappointing

That’s not true. Angela and masacre are great. Civil warrior is better but is not fun at all, he is really annoying to play and Hood was still fun and will get a change. I wish they would also consider changing something to civil warrior
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,065 ★★★★★
    It seems that his specials aren’t pausing armour uo buffs as well.

If it were to work properly, a good rotation would be to spam sp1 until 30-40 stacks of armor ups, get to sp2/3, convert then go ham with the power drain/lock. The armor ups will be very easy to maintain with the 20s pauses.
  • FieryWaterFieryWater Posts: 25
    Any word on when Kabam plan to fix the bugs? Both Armor Pausing and Dash Back/Block Mechanic are bugged, and are annoying while playing Civil Warrior.
    Sería bueno que consiga un bloqueo impecable en el momento en que se transforman las mejoras
    Reduce the timer by half. It takes too long and you risk to get a heavy.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,723 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Needs that 20 seconds armour up pause. Once he’s got that fixed I can see myself using him a fair bit.
    Suggestion: bring back poison/bleed resistance= he now takes damage until the immunity is set.
    Make his furies indefinitely and lower the cap to 30.
    If you don’t want to make them indefinitely, put a taunt mechanic on the furies and increase their duration. Right now you have either the choice of the damage route which is annoying and hard to do or the utility route which is less utility than before but with equally bad damage output. Pls fix him, we enjoy his animations and we would like to use them instead of just holding block all the time.
  • Woah that is wicked 7/10