**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Today's offer drop rates

Comments

• SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    I did some looking around, and every thing I can find on Apple policies regarding drop rates says that have to show the odds of getting different types of items...there is nothing saying that they have to break down the odds of getting different quantities of the same item. It sucks, but it does look like it is allowed.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    There are no Drop Rates when the Crystal guarantees what's in it. The Crystal contains 25% of whatever Class you select. There's no chance of pulling something else. 100%.
  • Cosmic also missing here.

There are no Drop Rates when the Crystal guarantees what's in it. The Crystal contains 25% of whatever Class you select. There's no chance of pulling something else. 100%.

*5%
    Damn. My eyes skipped to the 25%. You're right.
    Hmm....I guess technically it gives Frags 100%. I can see the confusion though.

*5%
    Why don’t premium crystals/cavaliers etc not say 100% chance for a champion? It’s semantics, there is a difference in value, that’s why the percentage of t5cc should have separate odds.
    No, I get it now. I saw the Offer and saw 25%. At least it's upfront that people are taking a chance anyway.
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 501 ★★★
    Still no cosmic for me
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

*5%
    Why don’t premium crystals/cavaliers etc not say 100% chance for a champion? It’s semantics, there is a difference in value, that’s why the percentage of t5cc should have separate odds.
    No, I get it now. I saw the Offer and saw 25%. At least it's upfront that people are taking a chance anyway.
    I’d say it’s the opposite of upfront. Drop rates are meant to be shown and kabam say oh yeah 100% chance to get fragments.
    With also is the case you is 100 procent to get fragments of the class you chose

*5%
    I’d say it’s the opposite of upfront. Drop rates are meant to be shown and kabam say oh yeah 100% chance to get fragments.
    Perhaps not upfront, but I believe the policies apply to different types of Items. Not quantities. So they're technically not violating anything.
  • CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 294
    They can be as technically protected as possible. It doesn’t change the fact that it’s greasy and dirty to not give drop rates!

People can argue all they want, that it’s not different items so you don’t need to list them separately. Those people simply don’t understand that the drop rates are a result of the mystery box being a gambling device. When I go to Vegas and use a slot machine I get payout rates which are the exact same thing as drop rates. The machine does not say you’re guaranteed to get some amount of cash back if you win! The same with scratch off‘s or any other gambling device

This is an absolute violation of the intent of the rule in apples TOS! It may very well be technically allowed. It is however a technicality that they are using to their advantage to screw people out of knowing what they are actually paying for period!

I will absolutely be complaining to Apple if we are not informed of these rates prior to this deal expiring
  • CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 294
    As a consumer I have the right to know what exactly I am paying for @kabam anyone
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Solswerd said:

I did some looking around, and every thing I can find on Apple policies regarding drop rates says that have to show the odds of getting different types of items...there is nothing saying that they have to break down the odds of getting different quantities of the same item. It sucks, but it does look like it is allowed.

Depends probably on what counts as an “item.” If that’s a term of art defined in the policies, it would be worth noting. There are technically separate and distinct “items” from what I can tell from reading the crystal description in that there are variable amounts.

Just disclose it when it’s a cash offer. Why play these games?

Dr. Zola
    They're not playing games. They're doing what any company would do. Adhering to the guidelines to the letter. If you run a business, you're not going to disclose more than you have to. That's just logical.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

I think there is supposed to be droprates actually. Thats a good catch.

They don't provide drop rates for the different amounts of gold either. I think these fall under the same guidelines as all the loot is t5cc

*5%
    But it's not. It's T5CC. Prem hero crystals list of the chance at each rarity. Not for each champ in that rarity. If you buy a 4* crystal offer, it's 100% chance at a 4 * champion.

You have a 100% to get T5cc frags.

Goldpool crystals don't show drop rates for the different amounts of gold either. Again, as much hate as you all toss at Kabam, they don't break the law. Why would they purposefully set themselves up for lawsuits?
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    2 accounts= 7% each 😔
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

*5%
    But it's not. It's T5CC. Prem hero crystals list of the chance at each rarity. Not for each champ in that rarity. If you buy a 4* crystal offer, it's 100% chance at a 4 * champion.

Goldpool crystals don't show drop rates for the different amounts of gold either. Again, as much hate as you all toss at Kabam, they don't break the law. Why would they purposefully set themselves up for lawsuits?
    I’m not saying it’s illegal for kabam to be doing what they’ve done here. I’m not threatening a lawsuit, I just think it’s not being upfront with players about what they’re buying.

It’s enough to make me sigh a little and go oh well, I wasn’t gonna buy it anyway. I just think kabam can be better than this, and am voicing that opinion.

With your 4* crystal example, that’s because there’s an equal chance at each champion so you get 100% for a 4*. But I can disprove your point here with the old 5*featured.

When the 5* featured used to be a specific champion at a different percentage as the rest of the pool, the drop rates were displayed as 20.88% for the featured champion. That sets a precedent that when a higher value item of the same sort as the rest, the drop rates are still announced.

I’m not saying that it’s a reason for them to do it here, I still think it should be in good faith, but I’m saying that you saying 4* crystals have 100% chance for a 4* is not a reason why it should be the same for t5cc. In your example, the offer today is much more similar to an old 5* featured
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

*5%

I wouldn’t pretend to know the legal technicalities of phone game offers.

But it fascinates me—in a world where labeling disclosure is so tightly regulated and we can know down to the calorie or gram what we (or even our pets) are consuming, where the efficacy of a countertop battery-operated LED holiday light requires multi-jurisdictional disclosure about carcinogens, proper operation, maintenance, fire risks and much more, and where even a simple plastic bag used as product packaging carries warning labels—that some people are willing to accept and defend the bare minimum from certain sectors.

Dr. Zola
    Inversely if you look at the FDA they have an allowable rate of bugs and rat feces in canned goods, and the amount of pus allowed in Milk. The only allowable amount of any of those things should be zero, but here we are.
    DrZola said:

*5%

I wouldn’t pretend to know the legal technicalities of phone game offers.

But it fascinates me—in a world where labeling disclosure is so tightly regulated and we can know down to the calorie or gram what we (or even our pets) are consuming, where the efficacy of a countertop battery-operated LED holiday light requires multi-jurisdictional disclosure about carcinogens, proper operation, maintenance, fire risks and much more, and where even a simple plastic bag used as product packaging carries warning labels—that some people are willing to accept and defend the bare minimum from certain sectors.

Dr. Zola
    I don't pretend to know the legal technicalities either. But I do know that big dollar companies go out of their way to not lose profits by legal mistakes like an in game offer.

Whether you accept that Kabam is doing the bare minimum or not, doing the bare minimum isn't wrong. The the loot box guidelines do not state they don't have to list drop rates for amounts, Kabam isn't obligated to list them. These T5CC crystals aren't the only ones that do this. All gold crystals do this as well yet no one's on here complaining about those and they've been in the game for years. Yes you can spend them on game earned units and not real cash but the 3 day offer that included Pools Gold crystals don't list the different amounts of gold either.

You can not buy the offer and that sends the biggest message to a company anyway. Besides, aside from a few of us, how many in this community is going to believe the drops rates if they list them? Tons of crazies on here already subscribe to the conspiracy of the "patent" being in the game. No one believes that in a 4/5/6* crystal, champions have the same chance to be pulled.

With as many uneducated, conspiracy believing nutjobs as there are in this community, I'd do the bare minimum as well.

*5%

I’m not saying it’s illegal for kabam to be doing what they’ve done here. I’m not threatening a lawsuit, I just think it’s not being upfront with players about what they’re buying.

It’s enough to make me sigh a little and go oh well, I wasn’t gonna buy it anyway. I just think kabam can be better than this, and am voicing that opinion.

With your 4* crystal example, that’s because there’s an equal chance at each champion so you get 100% for a 4*. But I can disprove your point here with the old 5*featured.

When the 5* featured used to be a specific champion at a different percentage as the rest of the pool, the drop rates were displayed as 20.88% for the featured champion. That sets a precedent that when a higher value item of the same sort as the rest, the drop rates are still announced.

I’m not saying that it’s a reason for them to do it here, I still think it should be in good faith, but I’m saying that you saying 4* crystals have 100% chance for a 4* is not a reason why it should be the same for t5cc. In your example, the offer today is much more similar to an old 5* featured
    I never said you were filing a lawsuit.

I should have just used the Gold Crystals as an example. Those drop different amounts of gold but only say 100% chance at gold. They've been in the game forever but no one's complaining about those.
    edited February 2021

no matter the drop rate .. 99% of people who buy this will get the lowest value which is 2250 of whatever class they choose.

Doubtful. I got 2% but of the people that mentioned they bought it in this thread, not a single of of them got 2%.