**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unexpected favorites

silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★
What are some of your champs in your roster that were totally not on your radar or you were uninterested in, but you’ve since changed your mind and actually enjoy using?

For me it would be Red Guardian and Man Thing. I totally didn’t even think either were interesting in their respective eq’s, they just seemed pretty meh at the time. In fact, I only expected to rank man thing for defense. Man was that crazy... he’s helped me clear so much, not to mention is an incursions monster too. Learning rg has been huge for me especially with working on spite paths, so much fun. Plus he’s not my usual style of champ, so it’s a refreshing change for me.
Who have been some surprise gems in your rosters?

Comments

• MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    Sentinel for me
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Aegon
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    I have a few....

Apoc - I honestly thought I would mostly use him for the horsemen synergy, but I almost never activate it because he is so dang good on his own. He is pretty much a lane clearer for me.
    Guardian - I took him to r5 back in December and he is probably my most used champ (at least top 3). I knew he was good, but not THIS good.
    Red Hulk - I've had him at r4 for months, and I originally used him pretty much as a mystic counter only, but he is so valuable overall.
    Silver Surfer - I am using him more and more and his is criminally underrated by the community.

Now on the flip side....

Nick Fury - I got him from a Nexus and used a gem on him and took him to r4 immediately. I don't really use him that much. I know he has a certain playstyle/rotation that I just am not interested in learning I guess.... who knows. I am by no means saying his is overrated, I jsut don't really find a spot for him other than AW to be honest.
  • Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    Well, a month ago
    It was Archangel.
    But now,
    It's any decent tech especially a Robot
    Sentinel
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★

They didn't impress me that much at first but they have all grown on me heavily.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

They didn't impress me that much at first but they have all grown on me heavily.

can you teach me about Hawkeye

Terra said:

can you teach me about Hawkeye
    Sp1 spam. Only do sp2/3 if your pushed to those bars.
    He's very backdraft intercept friendly since you can very likely (without outside powergain influence) keep them in the corner constantly bleeding and near 0 power.
    Monke said:

Never thought I'd really like DM
    Been running him a lot recently cuz the utility he has is powerful and under the radar

DM?
  • A7madD1wA7madD1w Posts: 103
    Terra said:

Monke said:

Been running him a lot recently cuz the utility he has is powerful and under the radar

DM?
    dragon man
    A7madD1w said:

Terra said:

Monke said:

DM?
    dragon man
    🤦‍♂️ Im a dumbass, I should have known that abbreviation.
    Monke said:

Terra said:

Monke said:

DM?
    Dragon Man
    Very poggers champ, but many see him as 9th best mystic when he is arguably top 6
    Isn't he also the only Mystic Robot? He has immunities alot of the other mystics don't.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    This guy.

People don't talk about him much, and no one ever really seems happy when they pull him. I gave him a chance though, and no regrets. Super good on buffed up, diss track, mesmerize, evade champs, robots, armor up champs/nodes, etc. And he hits hard if you learn his rotation.
    ẞlооd said:

This guy.

People don't talk about him much, and no one ever really seems happy when they pull him. I gave him a chance though, and no regrets. Super good on buffed up, diss track, mesmerize, evade champs, robots, armor up champs/nodes, etc. And he hits hard if you learn his rotation.

I have a 5* Aarkus and enjoy him quite a bit. Just wish he didn't lag my device all the time.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Cable, my most used champion alongside Apocalypse
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Terra said:

ẞlооd said:

This guy.

I have a 5* Aarkus and enjoy him quite a bit. Just wish he didn't lag my device all the time.
    Haha yeah, he's got a lot going on. Might need to upgrade my phone to keep him in service. Starting to see some lag here and there as well. Could just be the state of the servers though..
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Mole Man
  • ValmarxValmarx Posts: 521 ★★★
    For me it will be Falcon for sure
    Currently my main candidate for Rank 3 six star
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    Killmonger and red hulk are two that spring to mind. Killmonger wasn't on my radar until I pulled him as a 5 star. Then I had some skill catalysts expiring so decided to rank him up and use him for a bit and then realised he's actually really good.
    Same with Red Hulk, only had a 3 star for a long time and so only played with him very rarely in arenas. Then pulled a 6 star, and tbh was a little disappointed at the time but did some quests with him and discovered he's a weapon and tears through mystics with ease.