**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Losing half your life in AQ without throwing a punch

Why do i keep losing half my life in AQ without throwing a punch it keeps happening every AQ when connecting to fight it jus keep loading and not entering the fight I hav to restart the game and go back into fight when I do go back onto the fight half my life gone

Comments

• ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Posts: 243
    its been happening to a lot of us for months dude. i recently got a new phone and it seems to have stopped in the majority. what device do you use???
  • I'm sorry this occured please take the time to fill out the below template to make sure we have all the information needed to investigate

Device and Version: (Example, iPhone 7) Be sure to include make and model of the device you are playing on when experiencing the issue.

Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.” You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”

Mobile Carrier: (Example AT&T) If your device uses cellular data, please include information about your data provider.

Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both?

Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store or Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. (Example, 17.1.5).

Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.

Champions Affected: Which Champions are affected by this issue? What is their Rank, Level and which Signature Abilities do they have unlocked?

Active Boosts: Are you using any boosts when you experience this issue?

Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the problem you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. Include how often it happens (once, sometimes or always) and how long you've been experiencing the issue.

Screenshot or Video: If you are able to capture a screenshot or video that helps visually demonstrate the issue you are experiencing, please include it along with your report.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    I've found that if you try to start an AQ fight with a second left. It just hangs. You then have to close and reopen the game. Go back in and you've lost half your life. This has been a consistent issue no matter what account I'm in.

You try to remember so as not to do it,but you go in, get distracted and do that oh ****, let me start the fight, and bam, you get hosed.

So never try to start a fight as time is expiring. Pretty sure they won't give a **** about fixing the issue. It's been a month since they posted the Persistent charge issue and nothing. Not even a response in the thread.

Just follows the patter that if a bug is to our detriment and costs us resources, it will sit and fester for ages before they fix it. But God forbid a bug works in our favor and makes life easier to whatever degree, we are st fault for taking advantage of it, and they'll have it fixed in days. It's such BS. Been this way for six years. Good luck seeing it change.

And to actually be helpful to the powers that be... Latest update and the past few updates on iOS or Android. Doesn't matter if on wifi or cellular. Doesn't matter if you have boosts or not. It's strictly a timing issue. Time is about to expire in starting the fight. You attempt to start the fight. It just spins and hangs. Restart game. Go back in. Half the life gone. Been this way for months.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    crogs said:

I've found that if you try to start an AQ fight with a second left. It just hangs. You then have to close and reopen the game. Go back in and you've lost half your life. This has been a consistent issue no matter what account I'm in.

You try to remember so as not to do it,but you go in, get distracted and do that oh ****, let me start the fight, and bam, you get hosed.

So never try to start a fight as time is expiring. Pretty sure they won't give a **** about fixing the issue. It's been a month since they posted the Persistent charge issue and nothing. Not even a response in the thread.

Just follows the patter that if a bug is to our detriment and costs us resources, it will sit and fester for ages before they fix it. But God forbid a bug works in our favor and makes life easier to whatever degree, we are st fault for taking advantage of it, and they'll have it fixed in days. It's such BS. Been this way for six years. Good luck seeing it change.

And to actually be helpful to the powers that be... Latest update and the past few updates on iOS or Android. Doesn't matter if on wifi or cellular. Doesn't matter if you have boosts or not. It's strictly a timing issue. Time is about to expire in starting the fight. You attempt to start the fight. It just spins and hangs. Restart game. Go back in. Half the life gone. Been this way for months.

It's not I timing issue. I thought so and tested it. I joined the fight at 57 minutes but still got stuck on the loading screen. Mine only happens in Map 5 and rarely on the lower maps. I haven't played Map 6 so I don't know if it will happen there too
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Chikel said:

crogs said:

It's not I timing issue. I thought so and tested it. I joined the fight at 57 minutes but still got stuck on the loading screen. Mine only happens in Map 5 and rarely on the lower maps. I haven't played Map 6 so I don't know if it will happen there too
    All of my instances have been last second start of fights. So for me it's been the only thing that's been reproducible.
  • Destr0yerDestr0yer Posts: 47
    edited February 2021
    The issue is that mechanism for dealing with system disconnects implemented by Kabam is not deployed in AQ or AW. It is only turned on in EQ and arenas with some limitations like once every two hours. This is spelled out on this website under the fight recovery. Kabam asks to fill the forms but nothing comes out of it, at least that I am aware of. We lose fights, winning streaks in arenas, alliance wars because of this issue. In other words, Kabam has a developed patch to deal with this issue but they won't deploy it. Currently, many players choose to suck it up and use items to revive or heal. I wish Kabam were more transparent about the whole situation. Enjoying an extra revenue from competitive players caught in this scenario might help Kabam's bottom line in the short term. But in the longer term Kabam's handling of this issue would lead to much worse effects due to players leaving the game. And I also have a suggestion. Instead of asking players to spend time on filling these forms why wouldn't Kabam just implement a crash reporting mechanism within the app where a player can just hit the 'submit the crash report" button. Device/OS information might be entered in the app separately and the rest of crash circumstances can be automatically captured by the app. If Kabam captures the data about every fight and its outcome why do the developers even need any info from us? Kabam already knows which fights were interrupted and resulted in a loss of half health of player champion.
  • Hey guys, in the past, players were able to Quit out of a match at any time without losing any Health. Unfortunately, this was exploited by some Summoners to gain an advantage in The Contest. If someone made a mistake which would otherwise cause their Champion to be KO, they could simply Quit out of the Fight and try again, and this could be done repeatedly. To stop this from happening, we implemented a feature which deducts 50% of your Champion's Health if you Quit out of the Fight.

What you experienced were loading issues, which to be more specific were temporary disconnections between your devices and our servers. This caused the game to believe that you actually exited from the Fight and so reduced the Health of your Champion by 50%.

We didn't intentionally implement this feature to punish players who encounter connection issues but unfortunately, there is currently no way to distinguish between a player who intentionally Quits out of a fight and another player who has been disconnected due to a network issue.

We're constantly working to make improvements to the game in an effort to reduce the likelihood of loading issues, lag and crashes occurring. To help with our investigations, we created the dedicated threads below.

- Android Lag and Performance Issues Thread
    - iOS Lag and Performance Issues Thread

Please take a moment to share your feedback in whichever of those threads is relevant to you by providing the details outlined in our Bug Report Template.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
This discussion has been closed.