**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hood: how much would it take to justify

Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
Apparently his new damage is so high, he needs a nerf and a limit on use.
Magneto needs no limit and no nerf and can almost beat ROL WS with one rotation.

How high would the damage need to be for Hood’s mediums/sp2/heavy rotation?

Hood: how much would it take to justify 97 votes

550,000 (ROL Winter Soldier)
31%
Mr_PlatypusMjolnir888AgresssorJcobra25Woody_federyuwReverend_RuckusWine_LoverDenslo500_Sham_StevieManWonderNo_oneukO_Deadpool_OHera1d_of_Ga1actusDonDudu2809Username19273Deadline18BonzodavidMaxwell24YsF 31 votes
1.5 million (LOL Rhulk)
6%
UnDEADGamerThatGuyYouSaw235Grootman1294DarkEternityliving_legend_1[Deleted User] 6 votes
2 million
3%
CassyWRIRSpeedro420 3 votes
Insta-kill anyone
23%
MutantRjdrum663TerraCat_Murdock16wegnerkRepto23mbraceGogeta91199Aleorspiderbites0196Berserker22tidusx2jrUmbertoDelRioProximaMidnight_8MasterpuffBuffBeastQfuryHoitadoAmnetiesGr8TonyStark 23 votes
nothing is adequate
31%
BitterSteelKDoggg2017Mhd20034AdvRaichu626Colonaut123RockyshockyIKONDenzel116RockypantherxAmazing_Demon05MemphistophilesEtjamaStarshipHULKMay_The_WayMughal50XKsp_2099EdeuinkSmittyTrashyPanda 31 votes
other
3%
NuclekerrThoye3RDMN 3 votes

Comments

• Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    He’s not Magneto, so similar damage plus nerf and limits would make sense.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Do some combos, sp2, fire off heavy and Rol opponents should be dead.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    1.5 million (LOL Rhulk)

I am very confused

Oh nah we're just wondering what level of damage should be required to justify a nerf to what made hood, hood.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Actually, he needs to be able kill off someone with a combo and heavy detonation.
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    I really like the perspective of this poll. It’s a very nice way to put it I. Compatible terms.
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    Not voting bc it’s kinda irrelevant. Magneto had a similar “nerf” with him being able to rank sp3s before and can’t do it now.. most ppl didn’t play him bc he sucked therefore most ppl didn’t know he could tank sp3s. I agree with your premise but not the argument.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    1.5 million (LOL Rhulk)
    MetalJake said:

Not voting bc it’s kinda irrelevant. Magneto had a similar “nerf” with him being able to rank sp3s before and can’t do it now.. most ppl didn’t play him bc he sucked therefore most ppl didn’t know he could tank sp3s. I agree with your premise but not the argument.

He can still do it actually
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    nothing is adequate
    If you’re going to make a champ hit like CGR, why are you concerned whether they take away the opponents buffs when the opponent is going to be dead in 20 seconds?

But he’s not going to have CGR level damage, at least not for the vast majority of the quest. And damage can never replace utility like this.

Hoods increased damage is not going to get him through a fight he couldn’t previously do and now cannot
    @Rockypantherx

I hear you.
    I’ve just never seen Kabam back out of a “buff”.
    If we are forced to accept this, how much damage would justify their actions?
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★

You only change the kit if it's a nerf. If the damage is too much for the kit, then you dial back the damage.

After looking at his buff, I have even less of an urge to rank him. This should never be the case with a buff, lol. Given how much they're overselling the damage, he better damn well outperform Doom, Claire, Longshot, Sasquatch, Mojo, CGR, and every other champ that deals with buffs better than the new Hood. And not just for one or two fights, either, but consistently through any quest.

Zibiit clarified later in the post that you can use Hood for more than just a few fights. Every time you nullify a buff or a hex (stagger?) expires you gain another bullet. So it’s not like he’ll be gimped like Diablo is after a few fights.
    That being said, this is undoubtedly a nerf. Even his invisibility is worse than it was before.
    My main problem is his ability to nullify buffs has been drastically decreased, so there are going to be quite a few buffs getting past his staggers, especially since you can only have one stagger at a time. Since his bullets are reliant on him nullifying buffs, and that ability is nowhere near as good as pre-buff, it seems to me like that would also make his bullets hard to sustain. While the invisibility can get you 2 guaranteed misses, which also gives you bullets, after those first 2, it’s all chance then, so there’s no telling if you’ll get any more bullets from that mechanic. Plus, it looks like the sp2 will spent a lot of bullets, although based on the wording it’s a bit tricky for me to say how many. I’m not sure if the 5 you spend for the hex vulnerability is in addition to the other bullets spent by the special, or if the special spends a total of 5 bullets. Ultimately, we won’t be able to see how this mechanic works until we see some gameplay, but I personally don’t think it’s going to be all that they’re hyping it up to be.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    nothing is adequate
    Denslo500 said:

@Rockypantherx

I hear you.
    I’ve just never seen Kabam back out of a “buff”.
    If we are forced to accept this, how much damage would justify their actions?

Well that’s the million pound question isn’t it. Is there an amount of damage that can replace buff control and player investment?

I don’t think there is, but if there is, it’s going to have to be very high
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

You only change the kit if it's a nerf. If the damage is too much for the kit, then you dial back the damage.

After looking at his buff, I have even less of an urge to rank him. This should never be the case with a buff, lol. Given how much they're overselling the damage, he better damn well outperform Doom, Claire, Longshot, Sasquatch, Mojo, CGR, and every other champ that deals with buffs better than the new Hood. And not just for one or two fights, either, but consistently through any quest.

Zibiit clarified later in the post that you can use Hood for more than just a few fights. Every time you nullify a buff or a hex (stagger?) expires you gain another bullet. So it’s not like he’ll be gimped like Diablo is after a few fights.
    That being said, this is undoubtedly a nerf. Even his invisibility is worse than it was before.
    My main problem is his ability to nullify buffs has been drastically decreased, so there are going to be quite a few buffs getting past his staggers, especially since you can only have one stagger at a time. Since his bullets are reliant on him nullifying buffs, and that ability is nowhere near as good as pre-buff, it seems to me like that would also make his bullets hard to sustain. While the invisibility can get you 2 guaranteed misses, which also gives you bullets, after those first 2, it’s all chance then, so there’s no telling if you’ll get any more bullets from that mechanic. Plus, it looks like the sp2 will spent a lot of bullets, although based on the wording it’s a bit tricky for me to say how many. I’m not sure if the 5 you spend for the hex vulnerability is in addition to the other bullets spent by the special, or if the special spends a total of 5 bullets. Ultimately, we won’t be able to see how this mechanic works until we see some gameplay, but I personally don’t think it’s going to be all that they’re hyping it up to be.
    No I agree, I was explaining how the bullets work. I think the change is terrible
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m not pro-buff (own 5/65 164 hood and he is my best champ)

I just want to establish how massive a failure this “buff” will be when the damage is 50k.

Per the poll right now, 500k is the minimum damage expected.
    Probably 1million to impress anyone.

Ball is in kabam’s court.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 822 ★★★
    Insta-kill anyone
    Let’s face it. The Hood’s damage would have to be among the top tier in order to justify the removal of core utility. No one would ever want to use him when there are better damage options.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    nothing is adequate
    The reason I voted nothing is because the people who have ranked him up did it for utility. You’re taking that away from them when you nerf his utility. It doesn’t matter how much damage he does afterwards because that wasn’t his primary purpose in the first place.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Will3808 said:

The reason I voted nothing is because the people who have ranked him up did it for utility. You’re taking that away from them when you nerf his utility. It doesn’t matter how much damage he does afterwards because that wasn’t his primary purpose in the first place.

His primary purpose was extremely limited and most people who got him (especially new and progressing players) just toss him on the scrap heap because he can't compete with other champs on their roster. This aims to change that. Bummer for the minority that ranked him but a great change for the majority who aren't in the top tiers of the game and just need to pull usable champs.

But yes, there is no reason why they needed to change how stagger works and remove fate seal. That's super dumb and they need to revert that part at the very least.