**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I like The Hoods new mechanics / changes, but he need a slightly adjustment

AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
Hello everyone, from the first I would like to start with the fact that I write through a translator, there may be mistakes, I apologize in advance

Someone can agree or disagree, this is everyone's business, I am not trying to convince anyone and this is just purely my personal opinion

I would like to talk about the hood abilities changes and I think there is a difference between buff and ability changes.

They increased the chance of inflicting stagger from critical hits from 88% to 100%, but at the same time reduced the duration from 7.5 seconds to 5 seconds.. = Is it good or bad? it depends on which side you look at it

on the one hand, these 5 seconds may not be enough for buff control, but on the other hand, he will steal opponents health every 5 seconds instead of 7.5 seconds every time the stagger ends.

Now let's talk about his new mechanics with persistent charges

The Hood starts the fight with 28 bullets, but you can load max 42.
Nullify a buff load 2 bullets = i hope he can recharge more, per buff nullified at once
Make the opponent Miss while Invisible: Load 1 Bullet when the Invisibility ends = The question is 1 bullet per invisible mode or per missed hits ?

I do not think that he will become like Diablo with this mechanics, since Diablo has only 16 charges and he can recharge them only with the help of synergy...

+ still basically, as far as I know, the hood is taken to control the buff / nodes where there is a lot of buffs,
in such places, he certainly will not remain without bullets, especially since he recharges bullets due to a miss / nullify...
I don't think it's worth worrying about "what if the enemy does not receive buffs ", in such cases you have 4 more characters in your team + he doesn't need the bullets charges to place staggers even with 0 bullets you can place staggers but not hex charges.

The only thing that in this mechanic i do not understand is why his medium attacks are not non-contact if he shoots with bullets ?

Now let's talk about his invisibility

before he had a 45% chance for normal attacks and for non-contact flat 90% and now 120% but each time the opponent Misses an attack, this Miss chance is decreased by a flat 20% until the Invisibility ends. = the first question that comes in my mind is it is possible to parry while in invisibility mode ? and also it's useless againts multi hit projectiles.
on the other hand, against regular attacks, you can counter after one or the second miss like a ghost.

I liked the changes in his signature ability, he has stun immune in cooldown but now while in invisibility mode
I think it's good because you have more control for example against encroaching stun node, what all you need its just dash back and hold the block before the node triggers.

I know that people did not react negatively to the changes themselves, but only to the fact that they removed from his second special attack fateseal and ability accuracy reduction = I don't know what to say, They should have left it as it is. The problem can be solved very quickly and easily, just return it.

In any case, regardless of the result, you need to respect someone else's work, someone tried to make him more interesting to play and no one is perfect, at least he tried, you can't please everyone.

Personally, in general, I like the changes, if slightly tweaked/corrected/adjusted..

In any case, regardless of the result, he is still one of my favorite character, even if he has only one line in his abilities i will still play / use him.

Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★

The bullets mechanic sounds okay in a way but it wasn't needed if he needed anything it was just a small damage boost and no one would complain
    Why should what he is known for ( Fate seal and AAR) Get removed

To be honest i can accepte easly his new mechanics if they give him back the fateseal + AAR
    edric said:

"In any case, regardless of the result, you need to respect someone else's work, someone tried to make him more interesting to play and no one is perfect, at least he tried, you can't please everyone."

This reasoning lmao. So because it is polite to respect someone's effort the Hood players who ranked him to 5/65 or 6*r3 should accept an inferior champ to what they already have? Dude stoppp 😅😅😅

it was just purely my personal opinion, also i have him 5* and 6*
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    His persistent charges looks annoying.
    The problem is without nulify on sp2 hood can't remove persistent buffs like corvus cruelty for example. Also his sp1 now becomes even more useless then it was, as you can't keep refreshing his shock.
  • edricedric Posts: 59
    Agresssor said:

edric said:

"In any case, regardless of the result, you need to respect someone else's work, someone tried to make him more interesting to play and no one is perfect, at least he tried, you can't please everyone."

This reasoning lmao. So because it is polite to respect someone's effort the Hood players who ranked him to 5/65 or 6*r3 should accept an inferior champ to what they already have? Dude stoppp 😅😅😅

Most people do too good sir. Are your 5* and 6* at max rank? I doubt it. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but since you posted it in forums you open up your thoughts to constructive criticism and debates..Kabam took an already weak and relatively unpopular champ and made him even worse. The developer(s) might have spent weeks working on Hood but the end result is unfortunately bad.
    edric said:

Agresssor said:

edric said:

Most people do too good sir. Are your 5* and 6* at max rank? I doubt it. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but since you posted it in forums you open up your thoughts to constructive criticism and debates..Kabam took an already weak and relatively unpopular champ and made him even worse. The developer(s) might have spent weeks working on Hood but the end result is unfortunately bad.
    I like his new mechanics what I don't like is that they removed hes fateseal and aar from his special attack 2, if they bring back two removed abilities from his special attack 2, his update will be cool
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    The new stuff was alright. But people are mad about the removal of the old stuff. Personally, I think the new bullet system could be interesting, but we don't how practical it is until he goes live.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    If he was an integretal part of your team you may look at things differently. I used an AG on him, 150+ sig stones and took him to 5/65. I've mastered him and would not trade him straight up for any other mystic champ at this point.

I'm on 6.2.3 right now. Hopefully I can still beat 6.2.6 Champion with him because he definitely can do it pre nerf.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Hood wasn't buffed in any way, shape or form, he was nerfed.
    #justiceforhood
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    The fact his buff control is reduced, is a problem if you rely on nullifying buffs to reload your bullets. Any buff that slips through the cracks are two bullets you can't use.

As I count correctly, his expenditure of bullets will always be much higher than the ones he gains, so you will progressively lose bullets throughout the fight. The only way to avoid that is by cutting the usage of SP2 (relying on dash-back-hold-block to activate invisibility) and use MLLL combo. But then your hexes might expire before you can refresh them, so you lose damage for not detonating with the heavy and hex vulnerability.
    Not to bad guys, very nice burst damage from 4/55 138k heavy attack with 28 hexs chargers + suicides mastery

• mbracembrace Posts: 822 ★★★
    Ok, hate me. I understand the loss of core utility, but The Hood is not too bad and kind of fun to play. He doesn’t need to nullify buffs to keep charges if you use SP3 and keep invisibility going, forcing misses. I was ending the fight with 30+ charges against non-buff champs.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 822 ★★★
    Correction: spam SP1 if you want to stack bullets fast. I’m not sure why is does that, looking at the descriptions. Maybe it has not been updated yet. Anyway, I finished a medium length non-buff fight with 55 bullets by doing that.