**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

What does kabam have against the hood? They just needing him because he’d be too OP for the 7.2.6 boss coming soon?

Some believe it has something to do with Odin coming.

Personally I say they did a terrible job handling this with their usual sweep under the rug of all people opinions.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★

I am genuinely amazed that a mod has not commented on this yet. At least give us a bit of insight into why these changes were made. Even if they took this new kit and restored the fate seal and heavy refresh, I think that champs like doom and SS will still be superior. I just want to hear what Kabam is thinking about this and what the general plan is.

It’s the weekend, I imagine they’ll be having meetings tomorrow once everyone is back at work. I may hate this ‘buff’, but they’re still people and deserve the weekend off.

If there is no comment before it goes live, then I’m not going to be happy. But I would very much like to hear the design intention behind these decisions
    Well said.
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    Monke said:

I've never seen this type of dislike to like ratio on a post for asking for RDT's. This really says something

It means the player base is pissed off
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

I refuse to believe anyone ranked up Hood for any reason other than the ghost synergy. There’s at least 10 mystics better than him pre-buff.

Curious. I had Hood 3 years before I had Ghost, and I ranked the hell out of him...
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Heitert3 said:

Basically they've nerfed all of the actual utility that I regularly play him for, and replaced it with better damage output. But not enough damage output that I'd bother to use him for that purpose, since there are plenty of other champs that will still be better in that area.

Hood was a niche champ. He was basically there for buff suppression, but he was one of the best in game at that particular purpose. This change basically makes him mediocre at it, brings his damage up to also-mediocre levels, and adds in some unnecessarily complicated mechanics to boot. It makes him OK (not great) at several things, instead of great at one.

But being OK at a handful of things isn't going to make him useful for any of them.

The net result of this update is basically going to be to shove Hood to the bench for most people. The only thing he can do now that other champs can't do better is provide a nice synergy for Ghost.

What did you use him for particularly?
    Texas_11 said:

Heitert3 said:

Basically they've nerfed all of the actual utility that I regularly play him for, and replaced it with better damage output. But not enough damage output that I'd bother to use him for that purpose, since there are plenty of other champs that will still be better in that area.

Hood was a niche champ. He was basically there for buff suppression, but he was one of the best in game at that particular purpose. This change basically makes him mediocre at it, brings his damage up to also-mediocre levels, and adds in some unnecessarily complicated mechanics to boot. It makes him OK (not great) at several things, instead of great at one.

But being OK at a handful of things isn't going to make him useful for any of them.

The net result of this update is basically going to be to shove Hood to the bench for most people. The only thing he can do now that other champs can't do better is provide a nice synergy for Ghost.

What nodes, what champs? Everyone’s statements are so generic , but not giving me real answers.

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Heitert3 said:

What nodes, what champs? Everyone’s statements are so generic , but not giving me real answers.
    Amazing Buff Control when it is needed, a reliable miss mechanic against projectiles. Stun immunity and some decent Power Control.

Are those the answers you were looking for? Despite many real answers in this thread being there.
    His miss mechanic will be the same if not better. It’s only 90% any projectile you have 120-100-90 -70

What buffs were you controlling , the fate seal stemmed better because staggers would sometimes fail, that’s not necessary anymore. Because on a crit they won’t

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Heitert3 said:

Amazing Buff Control when it is needed, a reliable miss mechanic against projectiles. Stun immunity and some decent Power Control.

Are those the answers you were looking for? Despite many real answers in this thread being there.
    No, what nodes , what champs , what particular content
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Heitert3 said:

6.2 champion? Hood worked amazing there
    Since champ is immune to fate seal I dont see how that would be different now
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    Voltolos said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Heitert3 said:

6.2 champion? Hood worked amazing there
    Since champ is immune to fate seal I dont see how that would be different now
    Good point. At least he could still do that.
    But can he still cheese a resistor path with MD? You throw that sp2, you nullify all those buffs and gain a huge chunk of power.

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Heitert3 said:

The issue is , you see what happens to amazing champs that were once mediocre Mole Man , Torch etc. these champs had workable kits so a value update made it possible to bring them to the top.

Even if you gave Hood 100% damage it would make him a below average champ, even with Stryfe and boost he was below average. The reason is he did not have a kit to work with bleed , shock, hex, those really weren’t doing anything for him.

The fate seal seems more important than it is because his staggers would sometimes not apply for an entire combo. He now also has much more use outside of specific matchups , most matches needed staggers not fate sale as opposed to the vision AA match. While I do understand people’s frustration, I think they now on paper get much more out of their champ instead of just one piece of utility.

Torch was a utility beast against mystic but struggled outside of every single match that’s because he was not tuned right , once tuned he shines all over. Hood doesn’t have that privilege , he now has utility that allows him to keep up his damage and bonuses if he nullifies buffs.

I talked to a lot of people and when I ask them what did they use hood for particularly , they can’t really give me a straight answer.

Magneto lost his Ability to rank SP3s, which was valuable to me, he also lost his heal block that came in clutch for me at times.

Old man Logan- Regen Passive became a buff ( R5 before update)

These affected me, but magneto is a much better character then he was so is OML.

Balances are apart of game , and Kabam has always been fair if these balances were unfavorable. We can’t decide that yet until Monday. On paper he looks good , but we won’t know until Monday.

Aleor said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Heitert3 said:

Great for anihilus. He's good enough for 6.2.6 boss. Cav mystic paths. Have you played the game at all? The description above is good, why do you need specific fights?
    Yes, I agree with anhilus , no need to insult me. 6.2 boss is immune to his fate seal. Because , I don’t see where he is losing his utility outside of certain matches.

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Heitert3 said:

I’ve got a lot of specific examples in here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11IuBRhchjyTiQDKSIJ5d7Aad6NfqQO0Cs19I_UBH-xk/edit but it’s no where close to the amount of places I’ve used him. I’ve used him in Variant1, Variant 5, Variant 6, Act 6, Act 7, Alliance War, Monthly Events, Side Events, you name it. If there’s Buffs, Hood’s there.

His Invisibility might be better for evading basic hits, but he’s losing a prime utility for bypassing multi hit projectile specials. I’ve got examples here:

Thank you for sharing that I actually read your entire article and it was well written , again, I’m
    Not attacking anyone , just want clarification. If each projectile has a 90% chance to miss , aren’t you netting positive on this? 120-100-90-80

Essentially you are avoiding that 10% chance for 2 guarantee misses? Only on the third will you be back to where you were.

Example : Current hood - Dodging apocalypse SP3 you have a 30% chance to take a hit.

New hood : you have a 10% chance to take a hit.

Your RNG is net positive .

I’m not great with numbers so forgive me if I’m using stats as a flat %

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Aleor said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Heitert3 said:

Great for anihilus. He's good enough for 6.2.6 boss. Cav mystic paths. Have you played the game at all? The description above is good, why do you need specific fights?
    Yes, I agree with anhilus , no need to insult me. 6.2 boss is immune to his fate seal. Because , I don’t see where he is losing his utility outside of certain matches.
    No insults meant, I did think you're new to the game, as 'managing buffs' utility didn't seem to satisfy you.

He was my first r2 mystic, I don't have ghost above 4*, and 4* one is r1. Hood did a lot of things. Maybe not the best, but he atm a very reliable. I actually took him to r2 above symb supreme to clear 6.4.6 mystic path on first competition. Long fights, but he was finishing them with full hp, wich is what I need then. His hex thing can remove buffs, wich are not removable with nullifies, and that's huge actually