**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Just wasted 1200 units on 6.2.6 Champion... RANT

Comments

• Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    As a person whose done the fight with a 6r2 doom, I really don't know what's wrong. I spent around 300 and without Guardian, so I really think the problem's on you. And I don't have either deep wounds or assassin unlocked, with doom at 3/5 md. Practice the last part with duels
  • thewass1980thewass1980 Posts: 150

@thewass1980 another good tactic pther than horseman gambit would be taking 0 hits on the block in the final phase and just letting mystic dispersion fuel you .
    I take so long to get 3 dexes but it works out fine

That's pretty insane that you finished that fight with what looks like a rank 1 Hood. I tried bringing Apoc and Gambit in, but I can't seem to play Apoc well enough to get the necessary persistent charges needed to make Gambit a Horseman. Maybe if my Apoc was 5/65, but unfortunately he's 4/55 at the moment.
    I tried a different team just now. 4/55 Apoc, 1/25 Cable (just so I could get the max persistent charges after the first fight), 5/65 CAIW, 6* R2 Gambit for the Horseman perfect block, and 5/65 sig 200 Doom.

Yeah... that didn't go well. I couldn't make it past Iceman this time. Unfortunately I can't use 3 out of my 5 roster spots just to get perfect block with Gambit. Guess I'm back to the drawing board (and will need to bring in Torch or Warlock for Iceman). But hey, i'm not spending units this time.

yo, instead of bringing cable you could bring walock and get iceman to 1-2% health. Then you could kill off ur warlock and use apoc to finish the iceman, giving him 4 charges

Do you mean sacrifice my warlock on purpose? hmm... I guess...

I think I'm going to step back from this quest for a while. It's driving me crazy and making me quite angry, and that's now how I want to view MCOC. Maybe I'll get enough rank up materials from the March events to max out my Apocalypse, because I can barely beat Stark Spidey with him at the moment.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Richtheman has the best timing video for the last 10%

It is what I used.

He breaks it down in slo mo, so you can see how tight the timing is
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

I think I'm going to step back from this quest for a while. It's driving me crazy and making me quite angry, and that's now how I want to view MCOC. Maybe I'll get enough rank up materials from the March events to max out my Apocalypse, because I can barely beat Stark Spidey with him at the moment.

In my first run I used Sorcerer Supreme and I only used a single revive to down the Champion because of a failed intercept. Fire an SP3 while you are in the Pink Blessing so you will have a Permanent Pink rune. Having that, every time you fire a special attack (SP1 or SP2) you will apply a slow. Spam SP1 and hit into his block so you can nullify his debuffs that will also give you power with Mystic Dispersion. Actvating the Blue Blessing will let you block his attacks making it easy to dex his specials.

You can do this!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Did you do duels to practise against him?

Watching others do it =/ you can do it too.

Really skilled players know exactly what they’re doing for each fight and make difficult fights look easy. It’s usually not the case when you actually try it out yourself.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021

J0eySn0w said:

Lemme ask: Do you know how Champion gets his unstoppable, are you aware of the timer?
    If not you need to know it that way you can address it before it activates.

No, I guess I don't understand the mechanic. I can see there's an unstoppable timer, but I'm not sure why he goes unstoppable and how long it lasts. It seems to happen nearly constantly in that last stage.

The unstoppable and non-unstoppable timer keep switching each other. That’s it. If you’re being cornered by unstoppable Champion, launch SP to create distance again.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Btw, I’m not preferring switch team since your current team (6/r1 Sym Sup, 5/65 Doom, 4/55 Guardian, 5/65 Archangel and 5/65 Warlock.) are good good good enough. Fight with something you get used to instead of learning another synergy mechanic again.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★

J0eySn0w said:

Lemme ask: Do you know how Champion gets his unstoppable, are you aware of the timer?
    If not you need to know it that way you can address it before it activates.

No, I guess I don't understand the mechanic. I can see there's an unstoppable timer, but I'm not sure why he goes unstoppable and how long it lasts. It seems to happen nearly constantly in that last stage.
    If you can see the unstoppable timer then try and place a stager before it activates with Doom. Or even better use CAIW he will nullify the unstoppable buffs as long as he has a kinetic charge. Bring a mutant and mystic synergy along to ensure you're kinetically charge all the time.
    xNig said:

Did you do duels to practise against him?

Watching others do it =/ you can do it too.

Really skilled players know exactly what they’re doing for each fight and make difficult fights look easy. It’s usually not the case when you actually try it out yourself.

I tried dueling The Champion a bunch of times, but the issue is that the duel targets aren't beefed up like 6.2.6 Champion is, and just doesn't feel the same.
    I tried going for it again this evening. I'm not sure if it's me not being as good, or the difference in my team, but I couldn't even make it past Corvus this time without needing to use revives. I like the idea of Horseman Gambit in theory, but it's just not working for me. I"ll try again in a few days.
  • ShaqatacShaqatac Posts: 258 ★★
    I found last 10% the easiest tbh, cap iw made it a breaze because he completely shuts down the unstoppable and i found the dex easy on champion i stood off him and held block until he got close then just move back and it worked
  • Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    I had success on my main account with CAIW. I think it was just luck I was able to dex the third time. I tried it again in my mini account today with 6*r1 SS and 6*r2 BWCV (with apoc, warlock, and mole man) and failed miserably at the 10% even after 1200 units and a ton of revives.

I may try again after I rank up Thing and/or she hulk. I don’t have CAIW in the mini. Will share if any of these strategies work.
  • Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    Update: I r5 my shehulk and went back in. I practiced dashing in the champion’s sp1 after his chop with a 3* shehulk against a 6* champion in my roster. I think MSD has a YouTube video showing this.

Team: BWCV, Warlock, Moleman, Apoc, and Shehulk. Took the path to clear all the nodes.

Used about 20ish L1 revives to get the champion down to 10% and another 10ish revives with shehulk to dex his sp1. Luckily you can party and heavy the champion when he’s at 10% to prevent the effect of his unstoppable with the slow. I was able to dex him 3 times after a few mistakes and revives but got him down without using units this time.

Good luck with your run!
  • zaspacerzaspacer Posts: 115

I'd love suggestions (other than something like "git gud"). Thanks for reading my rant!

6.2.6 Champion is my least favorite fight in the game. I hate that it requires a pattern that isn't part of normal play.

When I first fought him I had no idea how to do the pattern. I didn't even know i needed to do a pattern when I started the 6.2.6 quest. After wasting revives I just quit the fight. I gave up om that fight for months.

I slowly started practicing the timing of the Dexing Champion specials in duel. And watching videos on the spacing and timing. After I had that down really well, and I was motivated to get Thronebreaker, I went in with 5-Star R5 Doctor Doom and defeated The Champion.

I recommend watching videos on the spacing and timing. And then using practice mode to learn how to setup to bait the SP and do the Dex reliably almost every time.
  • Maddie123Maddie123 Posts: 1
    I feel ya. I just got there, practiced, watched videos and thought ok I know how, I got this, but then bam, when I try to activate Dex, I already have a dex active so it doesn't work. I try not to dex before his SP but get my ass kicked. I consider myself a pretty good player, but for this fight you need to be plain perfect. It's so annoying.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    If u have Thing, it makes it sooo much easier once u get above 15 rock charges. There's a video on YouTube.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Maddie123 said:

I feel ya. I just got there, practiced, watched videos and thought ok I know how, I got this, but then bam, when I try to activate Dex, I already have a dex active so it doesn't work. I try not to dex before his SP but get my ass kicked. I consider myself a pretty good player, but for this fight you need to be plain perfect. It's so annoying.

You don't need to be perfect for this fight.
  • NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    Hey did you clear 6.2.6 boss now? @thewass1980