**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Does anyone think The Hood Buff will be good?

MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
edited February 2021 in General Discussion
Honest question: Anyone looking forward to this buff? I have him as a 6* ( one of my few) so I was really excited to hear he was getting a buff. I'll be honest, based on everyone's feedback now about his current state I feel like I've underestimated him up until now. Guess you don't know what you've got until it's gone. Anyway I'm interested to hear of anyone thinks this could be a good buff.

Comments

• No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

Honest question: Anyone looking forward to this buff? I have him as a 6* ( one of my few) so I was really excited to hear he was getting a buff. I'll be honest, based on everyone's feedback now about his current state I feel like I've underestimated him up until now. Guess you don't know what you've got until it's gone. Anyway I'm interested to hear of anyone thinks this could be a good buff.

in your situation (and most peoples...) yes it should be good. We of course don't have the champion to play with and test the numbers and stuff but on paper it looks like a very good buff for the purpose of pulling a character and being able to use it for good damage and good utility.

this buff reduces his utility a bit and increases his damage a bit (we believe) to balance the character. people are upset because some quite specific utility has been stripped away for seemingly no reason, and it does suck for people who have ranked him to fill that narrow gap in their roster, but the vast majority of players who pull hood from now on should be able to actually use him for regular questing rather than him just being tossed on to the bench to be pulled out for occasional synergy purposes or if fate seal is needed and none of the other mystics who handle buffs can handle this unique problem... for some reason.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    No

His damage was good enough to deal with opponents even in Act 6 at 6r1.

My Howard the Duck can deal with opponents in act 6 at rank 1, doesn’t mean I’m going to level him and rank him up and put him on my team. This Hood buff seems to try to make it so that folks are happy when pulling him rather than being unhappy cause fights take forever with him.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    I'm more than happy to distract myself with the damage. Didn't need the pre patch Hood when I've got faster buff control options like Tigra and Longshot. Now I might actually rank him because I often stick him on the team for the Ghost synergy.
  • Legendary_PoeyLegendary_Poey Posts: 209
    More usable than before.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

I think Hood's fate is sealed. (The buff will probably be good tho).

He will have gained damage, but at what cost? Loosing that which made him enjoyable in the first place.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    The only damage mechanic they added were the hex bullets and those are limited by your persistent bullet. I didn't see anything about an attack rating increase so he's gonna probably hit the same with some added damage of heavies.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Probably best to see how it all plays out. Overreacting is this communities middle name, mine included at times.

This one is a bit crazy.
    Terra said:

More usable than before.

Not really. A tiny bit more damage, with 0 utility, compared to what he had before with plenty of utility and respectable damage.
    I'd imagine alot of people will be turned off Hood after his so called "buff", even his avid fan users
    0 utility? He still has most of his utility.
  • ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Posts: 243
    Paddo said:

No_oneuk said:

His damage was good enough to deal with opponents even in Act 6 at 6r1.

My Howard the Duck can deal with opponents in act 6 at rank 1, doesn’t mean I’m going to level him and rank him up and put him on my team. This Hood buff seems to try to make it so that folks are happy when pulling him rather than being unhappy cause fights take forever with him.
    Well if the point of the buff is just to make him be able to end fights quicker, the easier solution was to just give him a little more attack (simply change his attack Stat). I don't see a good reason to change his abilities, it's as simple as that.
    Agreed. If anything the hood buff soul of have been a value only
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    No, I don't think he will. There is no reason for me to rank him up. His utility was his value.