**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Seems pretty great tbh
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

345 for each expired Stagger, not per Critical Hit.

For low buff opponents, you only heal when your stagger times out after 5 seconds (they don't stack).
    Then you have to Crit again and wait again.
    My 5/65 164 Hood has a Crit rate of 23.9% ( = lousy Crit rate)

Critical Hits

100% chance to inflict a non-stacking Stagger Passive lasting 5 seconds. When a Staggered opponent gains a Buff, that Buff and all Buffs triggered at the same time are Nullified.
    When this Stagger ends, it inflicts 345.15 direct damage on the opponent and heals The Hood for a matching amount.

I think when you apply a new stagger ( aka crit) this is reading as one ending and another starting. I tested this against winter soilder
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    edited March 2021
    Throwing a heavy reloads bullets? If hood is awakened and there are no hex stacks

I think this is a bug I don’t see it mentioned anywhere
    Denslo500 said:

@Texas_11
    Did not know that.
    I hope it was intentional.

Previously said
    88% chance to stagger the opponent for 7.5 seconds.

Neither say how they are applied.

I’m really reaching here!

New Hood: When this Stagger “ends”, it inflicts 345.15 direct damage on the opponent and heals The Hood for a matching amount.

Old Hood : When the Stagger “expires”, the opponent’s Health is siphoned to The Hood for 15% of his Attack.

I think “expire”means falls off naturally and “ends” means whenever a new stagger is applied and the old one leaves.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Terra said:

He's still ruined.
    He can't be used in what people ranked him up for pre-nerf.

If someone has never really invested in Hood, the new Hood appears to be better for them. I don't see any evidence so far that the specific complaints about specific use cases somehow magically didn't happen: he will be less useful for some of the use cases he was specifically good at before.

The people who like Hood now have to decide if it was worth taking Hood1.0 away from the players who liked him just to get a Hood2.0 they personally like better.
    yeo thats accurate i had not used hood prebuff , his damage wasnt that great , offocurse he'll b amazing if they kept fate seal but new kit on hood is quite decent, lot of regen, works so well with suicde mastery setup, has awesome damage now , not great but decent buff control, would love it if he got atleast minor nulify when doing burst damage so u have some fall back when some permanent buffs slips through stagger
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    The new hood is more fun to play.
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Zibiit
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Porthos

Is this a bugg? Or should we refrain from taking to the next level? Thanks In advance.
  • ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 245
    a good suicide friendly champion
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    Is this true?

the regen is actually nice
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Terra said:

Aleor said:

Terra said:

Here's a question. If it wasn't for The Champion in 6.2, would people be as bothered?

Of course they would be.
    Hood is (or well, was) used in plenty of other areas where his utility was needed.
    This has nothing to do with The Champion, it's just about them "buffing" someone that didn't need it just because they have a outdated way of checking usage data on champions
    I believe most of people who use hood will agree be needs a buff. A buff to increase his dps. None of them will ask to nerf his utility. If it would've be smth with his sp1 changed, like sp1 for damage, sp2 as it is, people would be quite happy. But the person who came up with proposed changes probably thought he's smbd like og black panther, who needs a rework. When actually hood only required little adjustment here and there
    Hood only needed a small damage bump. NOTHING else. He was one of the last champs in actual need of a rework
    You have to be kidding me? He had a 50% increase from Stryfe and still was below average. He needed a moderate re work.

That’s like saying Dr. Strange doesn’t need a damage update , or ghost rider doesn’t need a moderate update. Of course they do.
    Kind of lost me on GR. He's still a dependable utility Champ.
    Be a shame if they were to change his heavy and SP3 judgement in a rework just for more damage wouldn’t it...

But then again if they did that you’d instantly change your stance on the matter
    I'm sorry, but how do you get that? First off, have I taken a stance on Hood? No. I was talking about the idea that you can only add things to rework Champs. I said I was waiting to see game play to make a judgment.
    Secondly, I said he (GR) was still a dependable Utility option.
    And I just said it’d be a shame if they buffed his damage and took away the utility, making him a not so dependable utility option.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 899 ★★★
    Just test it after reading this thread....

Amazing——he got 438 regeneration (mine is 5R4) per critical hit landed!!! Absolutely insane!

He basically can keep regeneration throughout the fight, regardless the opponent has buffs or not.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Sounds like a bug.
    DNA3000 said:

ShrimpR said:

the regen is actually nice

Not sure that’s working as intended. In my brief testing he seems to be healing on stagger refresh, but that’s not how I recall it was working before in my testing. It wasn’t specifically called out as a change, so I’m skeptical that’s intentional. I would be careful about ranking Hood on the basis of his regen until this is confirmed working as intended.
    I have already 6r2 my hood before the buff announcement, so wouldn't be bothered too much. If that regen is working as intended it will be truely awesome
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    I don’t believe he could do this before his update, so I’m not sure if this was an intended change or if it’s just a bug. There wasn’t any mention of this change specifically in the spotlight, so it may possibly not be working as intended. Hopefully there will be some sort of confirmation sometime soon, as the regeneration does seem to make him very sustainable.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    He might be a different champ, but he seems really good. It’s not that hard to keep up the charges and finish with more than you started with via SP1 spam and invisibility. You actually gain a charge per missed hit, which could end up being 3-4. The regen is nice and better than before. It seems like stagger is near permanently up. Fate seal will be missed, but this version of Hood is generally better all around.

Honestly, The Hood buff might be the best of the 4.