**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

ShrimpR said:

the regen is actually nice

Not sure that’s working as intended. In my brief testing he seems to be healing on stagger refresh, but that’s not how I recall it was working before in my testing. It wasn’t specifically called out as a change, so I’m skeptical that’s intentional. I would be careful about ranking Hood on the basis of his regen until this is confirmed working as intended.
    Same. I’m not sure if changing the term from expiring to ending has any meaning. But if it stays the same I’m very happy with hit.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 822 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Terra said:

The buff is great, this is why you should wait and try it first before crying about it as most of this cry babies in this forum do.

It's totally obvious you have had 0 experience with Hood pre-nerf.
    Be silent on matters you have no stake in.
    Hood has damage now but at what cost? Bugger all for utility. It wasnt a buff, he was NERFED.
    Yes, the fate seal was nerfed, and he can’t be used for that now. Just try him out in a regular fight though. He’s good for general gameplay and actually a little crazy so long as Kabam hasn’t accidentally bugged him. He has pretty nice damage, great stagger, and great healing. The bullet charges are very easy to keep up, and the miss mechanic is far better than it was. BWCV is superior if you just want to nullify all buffs, but she already was. Use her if that is the utility that you need.

I don’t believe he could do this before his update, so I’m not sure if this was an intended change or if it’s just a bug. There wasn’t any mention of this change specifically in the spotlight, so it may possibly not be working as intended. Hopefully there will be some sort of confirmation sometime soon, as the regeneration does seem to make him very sustainable.

Let’s hope not , I admit 110% I am reaching so far my arm socket might come out. But what if expiring and end changed a big part of his kit.
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
    No confirmation about hes regen ?
  • Tonym7879Tonym7879 Posts: 17
    I Really hope they don’t mess with his regen. Hood is now so fun to use especially if you run suicides.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    Tonym7879 said:

I Really hope they don’t mess with his regen. Hood is now so fun to use especially if you run suicides.

I’m hoping they don’t. I seriously find him more fun to play with the regen in his new kit.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

DNA3000 said:

ShrimpR said:

the regen is actually nice

Not sure that’s working as intended. In my brief testing he seems to be healing on stagger refresh, but that’s not how I recall it was working before in my testing. It wasn’t specifically called out as a change, so I’m skeptical that’s intentional. I would be careful about ranking Hood on the basis of his regen until this is confirmed working as intended.
    Same. I’m not sure if changing the term from expiring to ending has any meaning. But if it stays the same I’m very happy with hit.
    Like buff refresh doesn't trigger md, it will probably be changed.
    The irony is it's not even that good. You can try him in v5.3.2 on aggressive fury&regen path vs war machine. Take hit or two in block and try to go back to full hp. With champs like sorceress, dorm, gr and BWCV, who all have more reliable regen and buff control.
    Also his invisibility didn't trigger few times on first hits for me there.
    Overall that path is pretty good for hood, but imo pre nerf hood was better. The second fight there is htd, and not being able to remove all his armors may even mean you have lower damage output. While he definitely should be better now for that specific path at least
  • mbracembrace Posts: 822 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Glazil said:

mbrace said:

Terra said:

The buff is great, this is why you should wait and try it first before crying about it as most of this cry babies in this forum do.

It's totally obvious you have had 0 experience with Hood pre-nerf.
    Be silent on matters you have no stake in.
    Hood has damage now but at what cost? Bugger all for utility. It wasnt a buff, he was NERFED.
    Yes, the fate seal was nerfed, and he can’t be used for that now. Just try him out in a regular fight though. He’s good for general gameplay and actually a little crazy so long as Kabam hasn’t accidentally bugged him. He has pretty nice damage, great stagger, and great healing. The bullet charges are very easy to keep up, and the miss mechanic is far better than it was. BWCV is superior if you just want to nullify all buffs, but she already was. Use her if that is the utility of that you need.
    We're not using hood for regular fights. We're using hood for buff matchups. We got champions like Kingpin or Ghost for regular fights. He's not even as good as those two or many other mystics for regular fights because of his long ramp up.
    He heals quite a bit (every time a stagger refreshes) while also keeping most of the buffs off, which is apples to oranges regarding those champs you mentioned. While he might not be your go to for regular fights, you might want to consider it. He is very sustainable. He’s also extremely fun, because the damage is coming from many sources without having to think about it. With SP1, you get the damage ticking from shock, each crit does burst energy damage, and meanwhile the hexes are building up. The SP1 also adds 3 bullet charges, so you don’t really get depleted as long as you go invisible here and there. Drop a heavy every few combos for a huge chunk of damage. I’d say he is doing about 35% less damage than KP while bringing a great complement in non-overlapping utility.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Tested and regen is too good.
    Kabam will say it is “not working as intended”.
    If they don’t tell us now, they will in a month.
    Wait to rank him.

Even Namor wasn’t that good and they nerfed his regen.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Tried him.

Hate the change (other than the healing that is “not working as intended” and will go away).

He is no longer the same champ.

Please provide Rank Down Tickets.
  • Tonym7879Tonym7879 Posts: 17
    I would imagine they have a QA department so how does this get over looked so easily? Maybe it’s working as intended or that’s just wishful thinking on my part?
    Tonym7879 said:

I would imagine they have a QA department so how does this get over looked so easily? Maybe it’s working as intended or that’s just wishful thinking on my part?

You ain’t the only one.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

Wait to rank him.

Namor's regen was trash. I don't see how they'll let this fly and won't give us a 5 or 6 star OG Deadpool, but dumber things have happened.

Denslo500 said:

Wait to rank him.

Namor's regen was trash. I don't see how they'll let this fly and won't give us a 5 or 6 star OG Deadpool, but dumber things have happened.
    It appears to be working as worded. Now he is an excellent suicide champ
  • DespacitoDespacito Posts: 24
    edited March 2021
    I've heard there was a way to get perma-invis with Hood, which in theory could solve any problems he has being bullet starved.

I find it hard to believe that the fate seal would really change anything/make him omegabusted but I'm really liking this rework so far.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

345 for each expired Stagger, not per Critical Hit.

For low buff opponents, you only heal when your stagger times out after 5 seconds (they don't stack).
    Then you have to Crit again and wait again.
    My 5/65 164 Hood has a Crit rate of 23.9% ( = lousy Crit rate)

Critical Hits

100% chance to inflict a non-stacking Stagger Passive lasting 5 seconds. When a Staggered opponent gains a Buff, that Buff and all Buffs triggered at the same time are Nullified.
    When this Stagger ends, it inflicts 345.15 direct damage on the opponent and heals The Hood for a matching amount.

I think when you apply a new stagger ( aka crit) this is reading as one ending and another starting. I tested this against winter soilder
    Not per crit. Per stagger expired (and reapplied atm). You need to have active stagger to reapply it. If you only hit one critical hit per 5 second, it's pretty much what it used to be. Also now you kinda have to use that lame holding block to go invis, wich means more block damage. His regen is not even close to sorceress, BWCV, gr or even dorm.
  • yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    I hope it's working as intended, just tried him in cavelier eq,he's still great for what I used him for, but the regen sounds too good to be true.
    Aleor said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

345 for each expired Stagger, not per Critical Hit.

For low buff opponents, you only heal when your stagger times out after 5 seconds (they don't stack).
    Then you have to Crit again and wait again.
    My 5/65 164 Hood has a Crit rate of 23.9% ( = lousy Crit rate)

Critical Hits

100% chance to inflict a non-stacking Stagger Passive lasting 5 seconds. When a Staggered opponent gains a Buff, that Buff and all Buffs triggered at the same time are Nullified.
    When this Stagger ends, it inflicts 345.15 direct damage on the opponent and heals The Hood for a matching amount.

I think when you apply a new stagger ( aka crit) this is reading as one ending and another starting. I tested this against winter soilder
    Not per crit. Per stagger expired (and reapplied atm). You need to have active stagger to reapply it. If you only hit one critical hit per 5 second, it's pretty much what it used to be. Also now you kinda have to use that lame holding block to go invis, wich means more block damage. His regen is not even close to sorceress, BWCV, gr or even dorm.
    😂 ........just....,...😂
    Our last hope @Kabam Lyra
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    The thing is it’s basically blades regen but worse. Less reliable and still won’t change the tide if you get hit by a act 6/7 boss. I would put the new hood as the new blade imo.