**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ghost Abilities Changed after Update

Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
Greetings people of the Mawtherhood,

So after this last update, I was curious about was exactly changed on Ghost abilities list, and the interaction between her phase mechanic and Psychic Attacks. I noticed you added an extra line of text to her abilities in regards to this, but that's not the issue here.

------------------------------

Before Update:

After Update:

So, this small change basically reduces the efficiency of this ability in 2x ways:

- If the opponent has above 100% chance to evade an attack, he can evade guaranteed critical hits. Before the update, they shouldn't be evaded.
- The precision passive is required to stop the evade from triggering. Before the update, critical hits were the ones that would stop the evade from triggering. But now, by the wording here, is the precision passive. Considering the precision will disappear after the first hit of the special attack, this can allow the opponent to evade mid the special, if he is able to do so by any ability. Additionally, any node or scenario that would give ghost a guaranteed critical hit will not work towards this evade-counter ability.

I would like to get some clarification here. Either this was just a text change that was made without the intention to change her abilities, but ended up being wrongly worded, or this change actually "nerfs" one of the character's ability, and it ended up not being announced.

Comments

• OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    HI_guys said:

tafre said:

HI_guys said:

tafre said:

HI_guys said:

-100% evade ability accuracy is the same description as slow. So higher evade chance does not matter

SpiderGwen will be able to evade her specials if you have the Wasp synergy.
    Force of Will will shut her evade counter all together.

Any place where the chances go above 100% she will not be working as before. I don't think it will be a big issue she will still be really good but changing this and not including this in the patch notes, whenever it was changed it very sneaky. Similar to the Quake/Hawkeye synergy silent nerf, these things should be announced somewhere otherwise it feels very shady.
    Have you tried these? Did you know slow works just fine in force of will nodes? And higher evade abiltiy accuracy nodes is what you should worry about. All this time I havnt had anybody evade her. No matter how high the evade chance. And spider gwen is a possibility with the higher evade ability Accuracy
    I mean it says Evade abilities suffer -100% flat ability Accuracy. If there is an immunity to Ability Accuracy reduction, she shouldn't be able to stop evades.
    Spider Gwen was never able to evade her sp2 and quoting somebody: ​"I remember when SG got buffed, people directly asked K.Mike will she evade ghosts sp2 due to 550% increased evade chance and mike said 'no since she completely shuts it down'" With the new description, she should be able to evade her with the wasp synergy.

If this is just a wording change I don't mind it, but if they did make her less effective without any announcement it is very very bad.
    Like I have posted, the change has been there since december atleast. And till now not in post has come in saying ghost was evaded.
    Still. Having the description change and not the abilities doesn’t mean it’s not bad.

Reading the description it’s pretty clear what it SHOULD do, regardless of what it ACTUALLY does.

What’s stopping Kabam one month, year from now to day: “Well. Read her abilities. She’s not working as she should”
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    BinkPlayz said:

now if we want to throw bonus salt into the wound, anyone else notice armor shatters got the same tweak?

Medusa armor shatter has been like that for a year ish, and it was not silent iirc.
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    HI_guys said:

The change to critical hits can be traced back months ago. It was not in This update

Why the disagrees? He is right. It's been in there for at least a month, maybe more.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Cannot be is a much safer insurance than -100%

yes, it is. and that's why the ability shouldn't have been changed, and even if it was, it should've been stated in the patch notes or otherwise
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Cannot be is a much safer insurance than -100%

Yes that's why people are worried and mad.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    I'm a cynic but the text change isn't about how she works now, I expect a change in the future from a new champ/node etc that can't be called a nerf because Ghost wasn't changed but definitely nerfs her ability to deal with evade heavy champs or punishes critical hits.

You can still guaranteed crit but it won't make you happy.
  • OccimOccim Posts: 14
    I just got hit while phasing by Professor X in AW. I’m sure I had done the same fight a few weeks ago and wasn’t hit... am I remembering correctly?
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    I don't know why they changed the description. It's not even working as written:
    Since Mordo is unaffected by passive ability reduction, he now should be able to evade Ghost while stunned: I parried Mordo and I was able to hit him (like I've always done)

so, in conclusion, they tried to better explain an ability, writing worse than before
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Occim said:

I just got hit while phasing by Professor X in AW. I’m sure I had done the same fight a few weeks ago and wasn’t hit... am I remembering correctly?

Professor x has been updated to have all attacks pshychic. And ghost could never phase pshychic attavks
    Jep nothing how ghost get down a lot