**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I was pretty impressed, if they leave him alone I’ll use him a lot more. His damage is good, the utility is great. May not have the fate seal but the rest of his kit seems really good, very suicide friendly.
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    GIve the fate seal back but on the SP3, remove the bleed. Have the heavy attack refresh/pause shock instead of bleed.
    The bleed never made sense on his kit or identity as a mystic anyway.
    Bullet into burst mechanic seems fun and bullet generation is better than it looks on paper.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    You'll have to convince Kabam this was a nerf, first.

Aleor said:

Denslo500 said:

Tried him.

Hate the change (other than the healing that is “not working as intended” and will go away).

He is no longer the same champ.

Please provide Rank Down Tickets.

I really hope they admit this 'buff' failed and just revert changes made to him
    There are people that ranked up the buffed hood and people who ranked the unruffled hood. Ever way RDTs would be needed for ever of these groups.
    Unless they just give him back his Fate Seal. That would avoid a lot of headaches for Kabam.

*Cough* *Cough*
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

BuffBeast said:

I completely agree with ya. My only other con is the Diablo mechanic. Hood can’t really thrive when he doesn’t have bullets.

ive found it not so difficult to build bullets back up so i wouldn't compare it to diablo. Might take some practice i dunno. I personally havent seen it as a issue yet at least 🤔
    How have u been getting bullets outside of buff matchups? any way to maintain em against ROL WS?
    You get a bullet back for each hit they miss.
  • E_Rich423 said:

Leave everything you have done, add the fate seal on the L2 and we are golden!

Really starting to feel the effect of the shortened staggers as well. Keep missin’ stuff :v
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

You'll have to convince Kabam this was a nerf, first.

Aleor said:

Denslo500 said:

Tried him.

Hate the change (other than the healing that is “not working as intended” and will go away).

He is no longer the same champ.

Please provide Rank Down Tickets.

I really hope they admit this 'buff' failed and just revert changes made to him
    There are people that ranked up the buffed hood and people who ranked the unruffled hood. Ever way RDTs would be needed for ever of these groups.
    Unless they just give him back his Fate Seal. That would avoid a lot of headaches for Kabam.

*Cough* *Cough*
    Seriously why can't they just put the Fate Seal back? He still had other minor Reductions that really should be Reverted but the biggest thing was that Fate Seal because if you just get slightly wrong timing on the Rng of the Staggers or the Enemy starts with Permanent Buffs you can't do anything about it.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Maybe they add the fate seal , but something on the SP3 that removes buffs so you can sacrifice damage for more utility.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Maybe they add the fate seal , but something on the SP3 that removes buffs so you can sacrifice damage for more utility.

But why? Just add it onto the sp2 like it was.
    Kappa2g said:

GIve the fate seal back but on the SP3, remove the bleed. Have the heavy attack refresh/pause shock instead of bleed.
    Bullet into burst mechanic seems fun and bullet generation is better than it looks on paper.

That’s fair. Bleed long ago was a sought after utility and it’s not needed in his kit. Also you will
    lose all your damage to keep up a bleed. So I’ll let can be scratched. I guess from designer point they don’t want to bring him to levels of doom and man thing with MD interaction . The fate seal on the SP2 on occasion would have been nice , but definitely got out of fights way quicker .
  • DreanicaDreanica Posts: 22
    For me, I never used hood as my main massive buff counter (used doom, claire etc) but just playing him with his new buff. If the regen is correct, he is a much better champ. Not beyond God tier etc etc but a sustainable champ. If they stripped his fate seal for regen, Im ok with it.
    edited March 2021

Ran him on like four paths of Mystic Cav quest and trying to upkeep bullets was a struggle

Some quick tips:
    I switched to MLLLL to preserve bullets
    I don’t activate invisibility until right before I throw S2.

There was an issue with Medusa though between unstoppable and fury buffs, one or the other fell through.
  • Grim7787Grim7787 Posts: 73
    Kappa2g said:

I’d be on board with that. Would basically be like Sym Sup
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    It is me or i feel like kabam just rework Hood, he's like different champ, that said i wish they keep his core utility
    Basicly, Kabam just rework Hood not morderate update

Grim7787 said:

Kappa2g said:

Having to save for a SP3 is much more cumbersome, that shouldn’t have to be necessary.
    Agreed, but it’s a compromise I’d be good with...

Like I said, think of Sym Sup. Difference with him is he nullifies everything at fight start as well cuz of the cunning trigger...

Otherwise, most go to sp3 to nullify everything, then start wrecking everything...
    edited March 2021
    Don’t know why that posted twice, lol
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Grim7787 said:

Grim7787 said:

Kappa2g said:

Having to save for a SP3 is much more cumbersome, that shouldn’t have to be necessary.

Like I said, think of Sym Sup. Difference with him is he nullifies everything at fight start as well cuz of the cunning trigger...

Otherwise, most go to sp3 to nullify everything, then start wrecking everything...
    But that fits into his rotation perfectly. With Hood, for good damage, you need to fire off sp2 for damage and invisiblity or use an sp3 then. Fate Seal acts as a nullify so it could help keep the bullets topped up.
    edited March 2021

slacker said:

It is me or i feel like kabam just rework Hood, he's like different champ, that said i wish they keep his core utility

He feels completely different. And after using him for hours today, it’s not just the Hex Seal. It’s a combination of everything. He has a new play style, new strengths, new weaknesses, different uses.... they didn’t give him an update. They took him out and put back something else with the same name.
    Basicly, Kabam just overhaul Hood !?
  • KooopaTrooopaKooopaTrooopa Posts: 44
    disappointed to see these changes for my 6*r2 hood.

Grim7787 said:

Grim7787 said:

Kappa2g said:

But that fits into his rotation perfectly. With Hood, for good damage, you need to fire off sp2 for damage and invisiblity or use an sp3 then. Fate Seal acts as a nullify so it could help keep the bullets topped up.
    That’s the part they probably think is “Op”, lol

I’m not saying I like it, just saying it’s a compromise I could live with...

You’d still have the fate seal and get the bullet boost, would just take a few extra hits...
  • Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★

Is this a bug or secret rotation?
    I can reactivate invisibility buff even when the timer is on after dashing back and holding.
    Don't know how did it happened, but after sometime it stopped.