**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do I need new champions to progress further? Worth grinding fior cav crystals

I’m 5 1/2 months into this account. I finished 6.1 two months ago and spent 2 months grinding and spending all units in cavalier crystals to get ISO and more 5 star champs. As a result of these 50+ cavalier crystals I ended up with an awakened 5 star blade, a 5 star domino, 5 star professor x and a 6 star superior iron man (ouch)

I’m going to keep grinding arena and star slowing exploring chapter 5 and maybe try a variant soon

My question is - do I have the current champs on my roster to one day (when they are maxed out) complete chapter 6 and make a run at abyss or do I need to keep buying cavalier crystals until I get an Aegon, Doom, Quake, etc.

Here is my 5 and 6 star lineup. I have a 4 star apocalypse which makes cable a beast, but of course that’s not going to help at all in chapter 6....

Do I need new champions to progress further? Worth grinding fior cav crystals 7 votes

No. Just max out some of your current and you can try
42%
_Sham_BonzodavidgL4C1eR 3 votes
Yes. Buy crystals until you get your key champ
0%
Yes. But don’t buy crystals. Save and just be more patient.
57%
FineDogVendemiaireEtherealityGr8TonyStark 4 votes

Comments

• IcePickIcePick Posts: 212
    Unfortunately my photos aren’t loading so I feel like an idiot. Here is my roster

6 stars- BWCV (rank 2), Cable, Sabretooth, SIM, Diablo

5 star rank 4s - Ghost (sig 60), Hyperion, AA (sig 70), BWCV

5 star rank 3s - HB (sig 20), Blade (sig 60), Hood, Wasp, Hit Monkey, Tigra (sig 70), Symbiote Supreme, Prof X, Domino, Emma Frost, Vision Aarkus

5 star rank 2s - Gwenpool, Gambit, falcon, Elsa Blood, Namor, Ronan, Sabretooth, Cull Obsidian

5 star rank 1s - taskmaster (sig 20), ANN, NT, Diablo, Angela, Ronin, SIM, Storm, Electra, Yondu, Thor Rags, Mordo, Karnak, Mr Fantastic, DDHK

• FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    It took me four years to get around to becoming Cavalier and you did it in five months. If you want to spend all your money on glorified 3* crystals so you can breeze through the content, that's certainly your prerogative and I don't want to disparage anyone who spends a lot of money on the game, but it can't hurt to take some perspective. The meta is moving toward a state where you need a really wide roster for a lot of different scenarios, so I'm not even sure buying tons of cavs for one or two god-tier champs is the right strategy anyway.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    The meta has changed to the point that we can get 5*s like candies so no need to spend on Cav to progress rather spend your units on clearing content. Buy energy refills instead. My account has less than a year of gameplay but I'm almost Thronebreaker (100% Variants except Variant 1, Act 6 Completed, Act 7.1 100% Explored). I'm just waiting to form my first T5CC in a month or two (thanks to the nexus change).

All you need are counters for specific roadblocks. You'll get them all eventually. Cavs are **** unless you can spend a lot. Arena grinding for Cavs isn't sustainable too. I'd rather clear content with those units.