**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• tidusx2jrtidusx2jr Posts: 182 ★★

Unless I'm missing something, his damage isn't even all that great. Compared to before, yeah, but not compared to current meta.

The bullet juggling is still a bad imo, but more manageable than expected. Even with the effort, he still doesn't enter the ranks of what I consider damage-dealers.

• KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    I think RDT is the way to go. There r some who liked the buff and there r OG hood players who didnt. His mechanics was also changed.
  • Erik_Killmonger1001Erik_Killmonger1001 Posts: 427 ★★★
    Aleor said:

Unless I'm missing something, his damage isn't even all that great. Compared to before, yeah, but not compared to current meta.

The bullet juggling is still a bad imo, but more manageable than expected. Even with the effort, he still doesn't enter the ranks of what I consider damage-dealers.

His dmg is def solid. This is a r1 and he did a 165k burst on a heavy
    Sorry, I'm not feeling like watching the vid. How many hits/time did it take you to get enough bullets to get those 165k? Compare to ghost, who can do same damage in, let it be 2 sp2. Maybe even 1. Cgr. Hype. Domino. Namor. Storm kabam skin. Morningstar, if you wish. Hell, I just tried elsa, and she had +-10 hits on rol ws. Compared to r2 hood, r1 elsa works just as well. And I don't even know, what is the best way to use her.
    Without those bullets he has same damage he had before, but even less. His sp1 is pretty much useless now. Before you could've use it once at least and keep refreshing his shock over the fight. Now if you don't use heavy in time and hex expire, it does nothing. All that and removing his core mechanics to make him a generic unreliable miss champ?
    It's skill based, timing sp2s and invisibility buffs to use miss and maintain bullets he can get some incredible burst damage. I feel like the community has become desensitised to what is good damage and is starting to see ghost and CGR as the baseline for what champions damage should be instead of the ridiculous stupid over the top nuts champions that they are. Champions can have exceptional damage without hitting as hard as the top tier champs. An 80 hit fight isn't a failure of damage he got a 250k burst at the end. Stop expecting for champions with high damage that it should be easy to access, I love killmonger he can have a mad sp3 bleed but you have to put in the work first it is similar situation here, remember ghost is the outlier not the baseline. Yes ghost CGR could have done that in much less hits but that is because they are stupidly powerful not because hood is a noodle.
  • Grim7787Grim7787 Posts: 73
    Ksp_2099 said:

Is this a bug or secret rotation?
    I can reactivate invisibility buff even when the timer is on after dashing back and holding.
    Don't know how did it happened, but after sometime it stopped.

Invisibility could be overlapped previously as well...

If you had an sp2 ready, you could go invisible. So with MD vs multiple buffs, it happened quite often
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
    edited March 2021
    Now i can use my Hood more frequently and not for specific situations once per 6 months as before for the buffs control with fateseal even if he lost this ability, there are still 200 champions it is very naive to want everything at once in one character.

Even Aegon who is the strongest, in certain areas of the game he is not competent.

Before the changes my hood was lying around and I took him only once a year because of his fateseal ability but after update i can use him more than before.

Fateseal is nice to have but if i need to choice the old version or new version i will choice the new one with new mechanics and +200k burst damage, also now he can counter attack like ghost + you can parry while in invisible, + decent health steal and i hope its not a bug.

Mags lost hes ability to tank sp 3 + healblock = no panic

Old man logan lost hes passive regen = no panic

I gave fateseal in return i got much better invisibility ( in my opion ), decent regen / suicide friendly ( in my opininion ), nice burst damage with some fun mechanics ( in my opinion ) + better signature ability
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

I don't have a programming background or game development knowledge. But I do have an idea of checking your design before releasing. Can someone explain to be how some basic inconsistencies( don't know if they are bugs or not) like life steal, bullets on heavy which many people found just by playing the character once could not be found before character release? It's a genuine question and not an attack in the developers.

Not a game developer but, it is possible because there are so much stuff in the game, and since hood also has persistent charges , all persistent charges champs have something missing and they still haven't figured out what it is.
    Don't even get me started on the persistent charge issue. I pulled 6 star nick fury from the basics last week, was very excited because I got skill AG, skill T5CC and skill R1-2 gem after act 6 completion and was jumping for joy, till I realized that he was bugged as hell. I could not use my 5 star reliably for so long.

2 wars ago, in the first fight he lost his LMD and lost health to 30%. Second fight he started in the first phase at 30% and I was confused as hell. I am not going to take up a bugged champ to R3 based on the hope that Kabam will fix him later. He is still bugged after the update and they have not released any timeline for the fix.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,130 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

They just need to give rank down tickets and move on. Because next month we have more champs coming, and then the month after that. All of these buffs are good for the game

Along with A commitment to hand out rank down tickets for any other future champ change where core utility is removed for no reason.
    Rank down tickets are on a champ by champ basis. Every buff they have brought to us has been successful including the Hood buff. Sure there was a small group of players that were affected they can get their RD2, but that sets a dangerous precedent that every champ buffed or rebalanced deserves a rank down tickets. It was years before people stop screaming RDT for everything.

Most you tubers I have seen actually are enjoying the new hood, some are not, but there are a ton more people who just got present because hood can do more than he use to overall , outside of fate seal.
    I don’t remember saying all champIon changes should result in RDTs...
    Oh that’s right, it’s because I didn’t.
    I said when core utility is removed like in this case here with hood.
    There are people upset because civil warrior lost his AAR.

Angela lost her ability to not get her buffs nullified

Hood lost his ability to fate seal

Mags lost his SP3

OML lost his passive buff

It is part of the game, you signed up for that when you agreed to their terms, so did I. Champs get buffed , champs get rebalances, it’s what allows us to come on the forums and have this discussion. A mid tier player with 2 6* champs will really benefit from this rework. It affected some of those mid tier players , but now they have a champ that can take them through more content. Yes he lost the fate seal, but he gained much more. If you aren’t happy with the buff , the best you can do is Rank down your hood if they provide tickets , which they have no obligation to.

It’s either we have a champion pool with over 230 champs who are just arena fodders or just let the game die , because people don’t want champs to change. It just doesn’t work like that, anywhere!

A meta can’t be created where only 6-7 champs are at the top. Hood solved a couple niche problems , yes I admit that but now he is viable everywhere. I loved hood before the buff, and still do. With as many champions in the game they have to bring the bottom to the middle . Hood could hardly ever trigger rage nodes because his damage was so low and getting out damaged by 3* champs.

At this point Kabam can give you three options .

Option 1 .) RDT to take a champ back to a lower tier and reinvest their resources.

Option 2.) You can enjoy the new champ .

Option 3.) you get pushed out of the game and quit and never look back( which always is a healthy choice for us all )

Bonus option: They throw a fate seal on the SP3 and make you sacrifice damage for utility.
    Think u should read angela sig again as she didnt lose the ability of buffs being nullified as she still has it of every buff reduces nullify and autoblock ability accuracy by x%

Edit: seeing gameplay hood defo seems like a newer champ due to his core ability is now different and match up counters has changed due to the buff do hope kabam puts back the fate seal
  • MordMord Posts: 111 ★★
    Well I'm seeing regeneration when a stagger expires, AND when a stagger is reapplied, AND when a buff is staggered. Tested the last one with a big Aegon and Hood was regenerating every time a fury on Aegon was staggered.

Which reminds me of a very old issue with Hood, that was clarified back in the day. Link below

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/1781/hood-is-not-healing-like-intended

I'm afraid it looks like a bug
  • ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 245
    Just want to see the ratio of players' opinion. Since he got massive damage output and sustainable regen, but lost his fate seal utility. I hope people actually test the champion first before voting.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    On Google store the current build was dated 12 Feb. Was CCP informed of the new abilities only close to end Feb?
    nOux said:

Mord said:

Well I'm seeing regeneration when a stagger expires, AND when a stagger is reapplied, AND when a buff is staggered. Tested the last one with a big Aegon and Hood was regenerating every time a fury on Aegon was staggered.

Which reminds me of a very old issue with Hood, that was clarified back in the day. Link below

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/1781/hood-is-not-healing-like-intended

What are u forgetting that his ability description has changed.
    Previously it was stated that “When it expires” that means the whole duration of stagger needs to run out, while now it says “ends” that means when u apply new non-stacking stagger u ending old one and applying new one what causes this healing effect.
    Oh I'm not forgetting anything. I really hope it is not a bug, I'm just adding some background & tests. Precise wording in champions abilities etc is not something that can be said about this game.

Also, please note that when an incoming buff is prevented via stagger, regen triggers as well. I double checked it with a Medusa (predictable and slow building buffs). Now, this *might* too be considered a staggered 'ending' and an enhancement of his new kit, but it was labeled as a bug and corrected in the past.
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    Mord said:

nOux said:

Mord said:

What are u forgetting that his ability description has changed.
    Previously it was stated that “When it expires” that means the whole duration of stagger needs to run out, while now it says “ends” that means when u apply new non-stacking stagger u ending old one and applying new one what causes this healing effect.
    Oh I'm not forgetting anything. I really hope it is not a bug, I'm just adding some background & tests. Precise wording in champions abilities etc is not something that can be said about this game.

Also, please note that when an incoming buff is prevented via stagger, regen triggers as well. I double checked it with a Medusa (predictable and slow building buffs). Now, this *might* too be considered a staggered 'ending' and an enhancement of his new kit, but it was labeled as a bug and corrected in the past.
    That sounds like what it should do, stagger is nullifying 1 buff and ends current stagger that causes in healing.
    nOux said:

That sounds like what it should do, stagger is nullifying 1 buff and ends current stagger that causes in healing.

I hope you are right and he can stay as is!. Well, maybe add back his fate seal too :)

• TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    I hope they won't nerf his regen as it's one of his biggest positives from his buffed version. Even with that regen he won't be the to-go champ for most endgame content I believe.
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    As sad as it sounds but I dont think they will add back fate seal, because to many changes has been done to his abilities with this new bullet mechanic. In fights that opponents are gaining buffs rly often and fate seal would just give hood bullets like crazy so he can just use medium attacks and with a single heavy it would end those fights in the matter of seconds with this new burst of direct damage.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Yes