**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• MordMord Posts: 111 ★★
    nOux said:

As sad as it sounds but I dont think they will add back fate seal, because to many changes has been done to his abilities with this new bullet mechanic. In fights that opponents are gaining buffs rly often and fate seal would just give hood bullets like crazy so he can just use medium attacks and with a single heavy it would end those fights in the matter of seconds with this new burst of direct damage.

It doesn't need to be that way. They could add back the fate seal and code it so the full nullify on sp2 won't trigger new bullets. It would give back his nullify utility at the expense of not being able to stagger any new buffs while fate seal is on (no bullet gain from nullify while sealed). Or just add a full nullify with no new bullets on sp2 and forget about the fate seal.

Other options have been shared - it's just a matter of Kabam willingness to modify him further (more dev time). Probably it won't happen though
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    They only added some damage, increased regen and removed all utility. Fate seal - gone. Staggers - to short now for reliable buff control. Power steal - only with bullets. Invis - decreased (try miss on htd sp2, lol). He used to be niche reliable option for buffs heavy bosses, now he's only a lane cleaner
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
    Looks like , I think i am only one who did act 1, 2, 3 ,4 ,5 ,6 7, 100% + all variants + abyss and i only used him againts 6.2 champion

Ill take 250k heavies from a r4 over fate seal all day every day. I can actually use hood in end game content now. He was near useless his noodle attacks before at least for me.

With this update i can use him more than before once per year againts 6.2 boss.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    One thing I hope happens with these buffs going forwards is more transparency. Instead of waiting for the release notes to show who that month’s buffs are, why not announce that ahead of time? Either way, there will be people upset due to one character getting buffed over another, that’s inevitable. However, at least if it’s announced ahead of time, people can provide feedback and insight into what they’d like to see. I’m not saying they have to do everything we tell them in terms of these buffs, but at least they could get an idea of what the player base wants in those champs. I also believe that these updated champs should be play tested by the players, although I’m unsure of how that squares up with their work timeline. At least that way they could get feedback before the buffs go live, allowing them to make any last minute changes. I believe that this would make the process as a whole better, and possibly allow us to avoid situations like the current one with the Hood update.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    nOux said:

Mord said:

Well I'm seeing regeneration when a stagger expires, AND when a stagger is reapplied, AND when a buff is staggered. Tested the last one with a big Aegon and Hood was regenerating every time a fury on Aegon was staggered.

Which reminds me of a very old issue with Hood, that was clarified back in the day. Link below

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/1781/hood-is-not-healing-like-intended

I'm afraid it looks like a bug

What are u forgetting that his ability description has changed.
    Previously it was stated that “When it expires” that means the whole duration of stagger needs to run out, while now it says “ends” that means when u apply new non-stacking stagger u ending old one and applying new one what causes this healing effect.
    This is my thoughts as well.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I really hope they keep him just the way he is. I love me some suicide friendly mystics.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★

Is Hood a better champ now? No, because this isnt Hood. This is an entirely different champion. Everything that was Hood was reduced or taken away. It was an unwarranted overhual

His playstyle is completely different
    His strengths are completely different
    His weaknesses are completely different
    His uses in game are completely different
    What you're paying attention to in a fight is completely different
    The way his Invisibility is used is completely different
    His buff control was amazing and now it's inconsistent and unreliable (missing Hex but ALSO those unnecessarily short staggers)
    Heavy mechanic uses completely different

You might like whatever he is now, but it's not Hood. You like this new champion who also happens to wear a red hood. But Hood shouldn't have had to die to get it

exactly this is a completely new champ that has similar aspects of The Hood. This should be scary that Kabam did this because they may do this again to another champ that doesn't need an overhaul. Whether u like this or not Kabam shouldn't have changed Hood the way they did
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Yes, Hood is better champ now, but it's not relevant to the people who ranked him up and lost utility he had.
    This is a previous post from Kabam mike in 2017. The key word here is “expiry” and “expire”

Thanks @Mord for doing the digging on this.

nOux said:

Game developer reputation is in such a bad state that if they release any change people are questioning if that how it works or thats a bug. I have never seen seen anything like this anywhere and thats only one part of the game not counting game performance, server issues.
    It’s actually amazing what kind of incompetent people are working for Kabam.

I encourage you to join any forum for any mobile game. I can assure you , most of them look like this and most of them all have similar issues, it’s not like a console game where they have betas and alphas , in fact they just recently launched the CCP and beta testing.

5-6 years is relatively early and most games die off well before then, the game has had major improvements , if you want a benchmark to on the transformers forum and you will see the difference as to how much effort and focus they put into this game.
  • Tonym7879Tonym7879 Posts: 17
    I’m ready to rank this dude up . I need confirmation he is working as intended! Please say yes 😎
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    Tonym7879 said:

I’m ready to rank this dude up . I need confirmation he is working as intended! Please say yes 😎

Same as me. I rly like how he works right now. But reading trough people’s comments on forums i have doubts about this rank up if he does not heal like he is right now due to so called “bug”.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    He is completely different and should be Hood 2099 or something

They should not gut functional champs.

I would have been happy with 30% crit rate and stacking staggers
  • LORDSPOOKY66LORDSPOOKY66 Posts: 290 ★★
    Burst damage is INSANE and regen is awesome.
    Better champ for clearing out content but not the same utility but this Hood is so much better