**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why can daredevil(s) counter ghost's phase?

Dragfire1760Dragfire1760 Posts: 149
edited March 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
This is my personal opinion, but I don't think daredevil should be able to counter ghost's phase. daredevil has heightened senses, meaning sure he could probably sense someone who's invisible. But according to the movie, while quantum phasing, ghost isn't invisible, she's intangible. Daredevil has never been able to touch something intangible, so it's a cool Easter egg/ ability but I don't think it should apply here
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Probably just ease of coding. Creating exceptions like these feel like they'd be set up to break eventually.
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★

This is my personal opinion, but I don't think daredevil should be able to counter ghost's phase. daredevil has heightened senses, meaning sure he could probably sense someone who's invisible. But according to the movie, while quantum phasing, ghost isn't invisible, she's intangible. Daredevil has never been able to touch something intangible, so it's a cool Easter egg/ ability but I don't think it should apply here

Very true
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    IDK. Maybe there's a sound made while phasing, and due to DD's heightened senses he can hear it.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,329 ★★★★★

I think its all miss in general also mcoc doesnt always go by marvel stuff hence iceman whos cold isnt cold immune just something thats always different in different perspective like phase in game she isnt phasing like in the movie in game its more of a miss mechanic so he should be bypassing
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I mean, why does Stealthy counter Ghost's phase? Nick? Human Torch? It's not like this is any more of a stretch.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

IDK. Maybe there's a sound made while phasing, and due to DD's heightened senses he can hear it.

When Ghost phases, she's literally not there anymore. Even if he hears it, she is physically not there so she can't be touched.

Perhaps no one should be able to counter Ghost's phase if we're being technical.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Etm34 said:

When Ghost phases, she's literally not there anymore. Even if he hears it, she is physically not there so she can't be touched.

Perhaps no one should be able to counter Ghost's phase if we're being technical.
    Except Sentry ofc. By the time she phases, Sentry would have made her into a shish kebab.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    While I agree, she's not technically invisible, this change is consistent with other Ghost counters (not including armor break champs); Nick Fury, Red Goblin, Silver Surfer, Prof. X, Emma Frost, Magneto, and Human Torch
  • Dragfire1760Dragfire1760 Posts: 149
    My problem is less with champions that counter her defensively, but rather offensively.other than Nick fury and telepaths, unless you play really badly with her you can get past human torch or stealthy easily. We can let Nick fury slide- sure one nonsensical counter is good to have to balance her. But giving this kind of utility to 2 daredevils? They don't even have to launch some special or do something, they just counter her phasing instantly. Also with the fact that they changed her description to only -100% (I'm aware it doesn't affect gameplay), we don't know if they would tweak her next update for her abilities to match her description. This just seems like it gives opening to actively remove her from the meta
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    Because Hi Guys wanted the easter egg to be easier to understand so it works like that now.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Crcrcrc said:

Because Hi Guys wanted the easter egg to be easier to understand so it works like that now.

I would like to take credit but this one goes to @will-o-wisp .
    Yeh, that was me.
    Easter-eggs = Bad. Need to be changed
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

HI_guys said:

Crcrcrc said:

I would like to take credit but this one goes to @will-o-wisp .
    Yeh, that was me.
    Easter-eggs = Bad. Need to be changed
    I appreciate the change. Thanks for stepping up to this one.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★

This is honestly just Gjost being weird. She shouldn't have had miss but a seperate Phasing mechanic that can't be countered normally.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Daredevil is a lawyer. He found a technicality.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
    I will take it as a compensation downpayment on failing his rework.

Looking forward to the next few installments.

Dr. Zola
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Deeparvi said:

This is why we can't trust the Kabam, they contradict their own statements and never apologise also on the same... Look at the attached screenshot were it states clearly by @Kabam Zibiit on July 2018 that "Daredevil cannot counter Ghost phasing and he will definetly miss his attacks while ghost is phasing"..

We demand an Kabam moderator explanation on this.

Demand? It’s 11pm in Vancouver, go knock on their door and make demands.