Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★
    edited March 2
    Give back the original hood. Kabam can't even let him have his regen.
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 779 ★★★
    Massive utility nerf, Massive damage upgrade
  • ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 237
    Dreanica said:

Changing my answer to a no because they are killing his regen

That’s awful 😵Kabam went crazy
  • Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 643 ★★★★★
    Please note that we are continuing to review your feedback on the matter. Meanwhile, please refer to our update on the matter: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/253233/hood-regeneration-issue-resolved/p1?new=1

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 3,535 ★★★★★

I’ll just leave this here.
    (I have his permission to post this)
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★

Ngl, I'm gonna find it pretty funny to see the people who were saying Hood losing his fate seal was no big deal since he's better for more people absolutely have a fit about the regen getting fixed.

Yeah it is. Because that was one of the major positive for the new hood.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,349 ★★★★

Now the new hood has nothing to save him that his regen is gone.

Yep. It hurts to see the sustainability go away man.
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    What about his heavy attack? Will it get fixed too?
  • ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 237
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, this is just another check in to assure you all that we are still continuing to review your feedback on the matter. Our team is still in discussion. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

🤣I think the only way to keep everyone happy is to bring both regen and fate seal back, LOL
  • AleorAleor Posts: 2,719 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Aleor said:

Takes a day to make decision to fix his regen 'bug', but no any reaction for 5 days now. Transparency, right?

To be fair, if a behavior is determined to be an obvious bug and not working as intended, it doesn't take long to decide it has to be fixed and the fix in this case is obvious: remove the heal on stagger refresh. And furthermore, it only hurts the players if they drag their feet on that fix, because the 99% of players who don't read the forums don't know this is a bug and would be making decisions like rank up decisions based on incorrect information. It is important *to the players* that Kabam fix those kinds of bugs as quickly as possible. It doesn't hurt them at all to drag their feet on it: it hurts us.

If they are thinking about our feedback on Hood, there is no simple answer to this problem, and it goes beyond Hood: it goes to their core philosophy on how they update all future champions like Hood, and it goes to where you draw the line between removing something that is incidental to improve a champion for the majority of players, and where to decide it is more important to preserve existing functionality and spend more time crafting an update that improves the champion without disturbing existing use cases.

I never said this was an easy decision to make in all cases. I only said Hood was an obvious case where the devs got it wrong. But if they are seriously thinking about this situation, they have to be thinking about the hard cases not just the easy ones.
    I'm just being salty.

Also, they could've ask for some suggestions/feedback for some buff template before implementing them. Despite some people saying 'don't judge the buff by its description', we can state that all those players who didn't like fate seal removed from description didn't like it in game as well. And those who liked it are people who never used hood before.
    They also could've think about making his sp1 or sp3 usable, not just spamming sp2. Maybe even remove that lame holding block thing.