**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Pulyaman said:

Texas_11 said:

Agresssor said:

Now i can use my Hood more frequently and not for specific situations once per 6 months as before for the buffs control with fateseal even if he lost this ability, there are still 200 champions it is very naive to want everything at once in one character.

Even Aegon who is the strongest, in certain areas of the game he is not competent.

Before the changes my hood was lying around and I took him only once a year because of his fateseal ability but after update i can use him more than before.

Fateseal is nice to have but if i need to choice the old version or new version i will choice the new one with new mechanics and +200k burst damage, also now he can counter attack like ghost + you can parry while in invisible, + decent health steal and i hope its not a bug.

Mags lost hes ability to tank sp 3 + healblock = no panic

Old man logan lost hes passive regen = no panic

I gave fateseal in return i got much better invisibility ( in my opion ), decent regen / suicide friendly ( in my opininion ), nice burst damage with some fun mechanics ( in my opinion ) + better signature ability

1. Literally nobody used magneto, also you still have access to healblock if you want it, though if you’re using him against metal opponents as designed, you’re better off not having that synergy if regen is involved.
    2. OML also wasn’t used before, either way, he didn’t lose his regen, it was just changed to a buff. Closest that is to Hood is to his stagger changes, the fate seal change isn’t the same.
    3. The regen on hood might not even be intended so don’t go hyping him for that.
    4. You’ll probably not even use hood once the honeymoon phase ends because others do burst damage better.
    You don’t know who used magneto? For the SP3, you also don’t know who used him for healblock. It was a core mechanic of his that is no longer apart of his kit.

I used OML literally all the time , and I used him for TJ at buff against all tricky mystic champs.

We don’t know about hoods regen , but from reading it is working as intended some key wording changed his abilities.

Go on YouTube and read the comments, so many people are happy about this change because they can use him all over now. This forum only has small sample size of the Mcoc population.

I have plenty of end game friends and also friends who have just completed act 6 and they get their information and form their opinions through differ channels. I actually spoke to 3 end game and 3 mid game players this is a paraphrase of what they said .

End game 1.) I like that hood and massacre won’t be synergy pieces anymore , hood wasn’t necessarily a side piece , but I liked that he could
    Spam SP2s back to back , Fate seal wasn’t something I used him for , but it was pointless to take out of his kit.

End Game 2.) I think best rework goes to Angela or Hood, Hoods damage is noticeably different , it was a drag to use him when I didn’t want to revive ghost .

End game 3 .) Did his prestige increase?

Mid Game 1.) I don’t own a Hood above a 4* , so I haven’t tested him out.

Mid game 2.) No one in our ally has talked about it yet, so I don’t know.

Mid game 3.) Hood got a buff? when ? is he good for 7.1 ? I liked him as a 4* back in the day and I didn’t think he needed a buff.

Bonus poll : MCOC elderly home interview and retirees : Group answer: “ Don’t trust Kabam”

They have PTSD like old war vets from 12.0 .
    Heal block was a core mechanic of Magneto? Why was there no outrage over its removal? I had no idea he had heal block because only place where I used him was arena.

I am almost sure the regen in the updated Hood is a unintended interaction. But, I am willing to wait for Kabam to respond. He becomes a better champ if it stays, but I am not sure I will take him any further than R2.

Its an almost meaningless update for endgame players, we/they have counters other than Hood.
    The main issues are two fold.
    1) Why was it removed since we can see that having it in sp2 will not be too OP?
    2) What does it mean for future updates if simply removing an utility and giving some damage will appease the masses?
    Hood is more than a synergy piece now having decent damage, but you may need to bring in another mystic to deal with some annoying matchups in the future, which will be the real problem.

All fair points, the ending was just to show that people get their information all types of ways, not just the forum.

I think the reason why they removed it could have Possibly been a too strong of interaction with MD and his invisible mechanic, he could essentially stay invisible the entire fight and gain bullets and staggers the entire fight.

It could also be they simply thought fate seal was a redundant mechanic. There were only a few fate seals in the game . Strange, Symbiotic Suprme ; ghost rider , hood , SW , each of these fate seals are accessible through an SP3 except for hood. Two of those champs had reduced power gain , this makes me think that they know how powerful this mechanic is.

With fate seal on Hoods SP2 , you face this never ending loop of SP2s and you are invisible the whole time ; this would make him more potent than ghost in the game. This essentially renders the A.I pointless.

Hood doesn’t have power reduction which would make him more potent than Symbotic Supreme when buffs are involved.

Ghosting rider has to have his judgements reset in order to fate seal again.

It’s a powerful mechanic and something like that could bring hood to ridiculous power levels.
    I personally don’t think it would’ve made him overpowered. While the fate seal mechanic itself hasn’t been used a huge lot, there are other champs with similar mechanics. Mephisto for example has his soul imprisonment at the start of the fight and after the sp1 by consuming a soul, which prevents the opponent from activating buffs. Another example of a similar mechanic is Claire’s buff immunity from her sp2. This debuff removes all current buffs and makes the opponent immune to any buffs while active. These are also champs that don’t have power reduction, and in the case of Claire in some matches you can actually build up a bunch of her charges and use all the power gain to launch multiple sp2s and keep the buff immunity up.
    I don’t know . But Mephistopheles mechanic is just bad because you can’t imprison them more than a couple of times, start of the the fight is nice though.

Claire’s Buff immunity is not a fate seal, I’m not 100% sure it interacts the same way with MD the way they hood would because those aren’t nullifies , they are just immune. I could be wrong cause I can’t check at the moment. She also nullifies buffs on hit.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    And with that my hood will never see R5. Rip hoods sustainability.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Give back the original hood. Kabam can't even let him have his regen.
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Massive utility nerf, Massive damage upgrade
  • ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 245
    Dreanica said:

Changing my answer to a no because they are killing his regen

That’s awful 😵Kabam went crazy
  • Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
    Please note that we are continuing to review your feedback on the matter. Meanwhile, please refer to our update on the matter: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/253233/hood-regeneration-issue-resolved/p1?new=1

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

I’ll just leave this here.
    (I have his permission to post this)
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Ngl, I'm gonna find it pretty funny to see the people who were saying Hood losing his fate seal was no big deal since he's better for more people absolutely have a fit about the regen getting fixed.

Yeah it is. Because that was one of the major positive for the new hood.