**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Keniutek said:

LOL, knew it :lol:
    Deleting posts and fixing "pro players" stuff is on top of Kabam's list.
    BTW, how's the NF "fix" going? I guess it's not a priority, right?
    SMH

What if I told you the same persistent charge issue that affects champs like nick fury when being used by the player also affects defenders like mephisto and champion in abyss.
    Almost as though it has positive and negative affects.
    It even happens to the ai when facing then as well. Helped me when dealing with an NF in act 7. I considered that pro player in thay instance as well
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,283 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Texas_11 said:

Angela lost her ability to not get her buffs nullified

Actually, the devs specifically went out of their way to preserve Angela's nullify protection because they added it back in a different mechanical way. So while it doesn't work the same way, she still does have nullify protection. It works differently and scales differently but at max sig with three buffs her nullify protection becomes 100%.

Why specifically spend developer time thinking about, and adding that signature ability component, unless you're trying to preserve a feature of Angela you think the players would want to keep?

They took Angela's nullify protection and *added* things to it: Auto block protection and damaging debuff mitigation. To do this decided to change the mechanics of Angela's buff nullify protection, but that seems to be a reasonable compromise between preserving the old while adding the interesting new.
    Yep. Around Sig 180 or so, she's DoT resistant, including Degen and Nodes like Icarus. That's pretty darn unique.
    Not all DoT effects. Only damaging debuffs. Most cases, degen is not a debuff.
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
    edited March 2021

Another reason why Kabam hasn't really said much about this discussion but fixed Hood's healing bug pretty much right away is that fixing bugs is a lot faster and easier to do than figuring out what to do with the Hood situation in general. There are a lot of things for Kabam to discuss and decide on about what to do with the Hood situation. Off the top of my head, they are probably discussing all of the following things:
    Should we give him back his Fate Seal & AAR? Will that make him too powerful?
    Do we remove the bullet persistent charge mechanic and let him always have bullets at his disposal?
    Is Hood's Invisibility more useful now or in its original iteration? (His old invisibility was miles better)
    Should we add his power steal back onto each it?
    If we don't make any changes, should we give people RDTs since Hood no longer has the utility people ranked him up for?
    Will giving RDTs set a precedence for all of our future buffs?
    What fights were people using Hood for pre-"buff"? Can he still be used for those fights? What fights are people using him for now?
    These things can't be rushed, otherwise we'll just a half-baked solution that will cause more problems than it fixes.

What seems most prudent, if they choose to do anything, would be adjusting the current version. I have yet to see a revert.
    I think they will choose to do something about it because people have a valid reason to be upset since Hood lost everything that made him unique. The easiest and most practical fix that I support would be to give him back his Fate Seal/AAR off his sp2 and give him back his old Invisibilty. Having a 90% chance to cause projectiles to miss for the buff's full duration is far more valuable than having a 120% chance with a 20% decrease per miss to miss all attacks. It would also make his bullets easier to manage
    Old version had 45% for regulars attacks and 90% for projectiles, so with 45% you cant counter attack like ghost. In this case new version is much better to counter attack regular attacks but less effective for projectiles
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Aleor said:

DNA3000 said:

Aleor said:

DNA3000 said:

Aleor said:

Takes a day to make decision to fix his regen 'bug', but no any reaction for 5 days now. Transparency, right?

To be fair, if a behavior is determined to be an obvious bug and not working as intended, it doesn't take long to decide it has to be fixed and the fix in this case is obvious: remove the heal on stagger refresh. And furthermore, it only hurts the players if they drag their feet on that fix, because the 99% of players who don't read the forums don't know this is a bug and would be making decisions like rank up decisions based on incorrect information. It is important *to the players* that Kabam fix those kinds of bugs as quickly as possible. It doesn't hurt them at all to drag their feet on it: it hurts us.

If they are thinking about our feedback on Hood, there is no simple answer to this problem, and it goes beyond Hood: it goes to their core philosophy on how they update all future champions like Hood, and it goes to where you draw the line between removing something that is incidental to improve a champion for the majority of players, and where to decide it is more important to preserve existing functionality and spend more time crafting an update that improves the champion without disturbing existing use cases.

I never said this was an easy decision to make in all cases. I only said Hood was an obvious case where the devs got it wrong. But if they are seriously thinking about this situation, they have to be thinking about the hard cases not just the easy ones.
    I'm just being salty.

Also, they could've ask for some suggestions/feedback for some buff template before implementing them. Despite some people saying 'don't judge the buff by its description', we can state that all those players who didn't like fate seal removed from description didn't like it in game as well. And those who liked it are people who never used hood before.
    They also could've think about making his sp1 or sp3 usable, not just spamming sp2. Maybe even remove that lame holding block thing.
    It would not be a bad idea at all if, when the devs are looking at mid-tier updates, to reach out specifically to players who have ranked them up and are actively playing them, to find out *why* they ranked them up and *where* they are actively playing them. The datamining data they have tells them how many players are doing things. It doesn't tell them why those players are doing those things.
    I don't know what data mining they are doing, but I guess it should show where people use hood. Otherwise their analysis is incomplete. It's not like data mining is some fixed algorithm you are not allowed to change. Nothing difficult to look for top occurring enemies/nodes he was used for
    To be specific, data mining can theoretically show everything, but of course no human could wade through that much data: you might as well firehose the server logs up your nose. Instead they present statistical information to the devs. That statistical information would (likely) show, for example, where people use Hood, and how many people have ranked up Hood. It may or may not specifically show things like where players who ranked up Hood use Hood with that kind of detail, but it is that kind of detail that would be important to know what parts of a champion's kit are incidental and which parts of a champion's kit are critical to the players who use it the most.

And it won't necessarily tell the devs what part of the champion are most important to the players in those specific situations, and sometimes this isn't obvious, because different players play champions differently. Two different players might use the exact same champion differently in the exact same fight. Knowing what the players themselves think is important is another detail that datamining is unlikely to illuminate.
  • DonDudu2809DonDudu2809 Posts: 348 ★★
    I really found him enjoyable after his buff. His damage is better but not top tier in my oppinion, but he is a very fun champ, with a lot of "tankyness". You have a very high uptime in invisibility in the fight and u have regen. He was such a great synergy partner for Ghost, because if you can't use Ghost somewhere, you can be like "Screw it, i'll use Hood and if I mess up i will have the heal helping ne out". But they messed up again....if they would leave his regen as before the "fix", give him his fate seal, and remove his persistent charges, he would actually be a very fun and appreciated champion...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

DNA3000 said:

Texas_11 said:

Angela lost her ability to not get her buffs nullified

Actually, the devs specifically went out of their way to preserve Angela's nullify protection because they added it back in a different mechanical way. So while it doesn't work the same way, she still does have nullify protection. It works differently and scales differently but at max sig with three buffs her nullify protection becomes 100%.

Why specifically spend developer time thinking about, and adding that signature ability component, unless you're trying to preserve a feature of Angela you think the players would want to keep?

They took Angela's nullify protection and *added* things to it: Auto block protection and damaging debuff mitigation. To do this decided to change the mechanics of Angela's buff nullify protection, but that seems to be a reasonable compromise between preserving the old while adding the interesting new.
    Yep. Around Sig 180 or so, she's DoT resistant, including Degen and Nodes like Icarus. That's pretty darn unique.
    Not all DoT effects. Only damaging debuffs. Most cases, degen is not a debuff.
    AH. I was told by another Ally Member. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Mughal50XMughal50X Posts: 19
    Despacito said:

People used old hood?

Yes, they did!

• KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★

Another reason why Kabam hasn't really said much about this discussion but fixed Hood's healing bug pretty much right away is that fixing bugs is a lot faster and easier to do than figuring out what to do with the Hood situation in general. There are a lot of things for Kabam to discuss and decide on about what to do with the Hood situation. Off the top of my head, they are probably discussing all of the following things:
    Do we remove the bullet persistent charge mechanic and let him always have bullets at his disposal?
    Is Hood's Invisibility more useful now or in its original iteration? (His old invisibility was miles better)
    If we don't make any changes, should we give people RDTs since Hood no longer has the utility people ranked him up for?
    What fights were people using Hood for pre-"buff"? Can he still be used for those fights? What fights are people using him for now?
    These things can't be rushed, otherwise we'll just a half-baked solution that will cause more problems than it fixes.

Someone at Kabam is sweeping their headquarters for listening devices after reading your comment. 😂🤣
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
    edited March 2021

Agresssor said:

What seems most prudent, if they choose to do anything, would be adjusting the current version. I have yet to see a revert.
    I think they will choose to do something about it because people have a valid reason to be upset since Hood lost everything that made him unique. The easiest and most practical fix that I support would be to give him back his Fate Seal/AAR off his sp2 and give him back his old Invisibilty. Having a 90% chance to cause projectiles to miss for the buff's full duration is far more valuable than having a 120% chance with a 20% decrease per miss to miss all attacks. It would also make his bullets easier to manage
    Old version had 45% for regulars attacks and 90% for projectiles, so with 45% you cant counter attack like ghost. In this case new version is much better to counter attack regular attacks but less effective for projectiles
    Yes, but people weren't using him to counterattack basic attacks like Ghost. We have Ghost for that, we don't need two champs that do it. Hood's 45% chance to miss basic attacks was a necessary check to balance his 90% for projectiles. If he had a 100% chance to miss all attacks for the full duration of his Invisibility, he'd be way too OP since you can have also 100% uptime on his invisibility. His 90% chance is way more useful than his 120% chance in every fight where he was used. Think of Kinetic Transference P2099. It's a brutal fight with most champs, but Hood used to destroy it.
    " We have Ghost for that, we don't need two champs that do it. " If i dont have ghost ? but i have hood, so in this case ill chose 120% over 45% for counter attack.

With this logic if we have 1 champion in game who can place place shocks, bleeds then why do we need others with the same abilities
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    Someone on here should rename to "Dr.Disagree"
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

Tested and regen is too good.
    Kabam will say it is “not working as intended”.
    If they don’t tell us now, they will in a month.
    Wait to rank him.

Even Namor wasn’t that good and they nerfed his regen.

Namor's regen was trash. I don't see how they'll let this fly and won't give us a 5 or 6 star OG Deadpool, but dumber things have happened.
    It appears to be working as worded. Now he is an excellent suicide champ
    Looks like he was an excellent suicide champ for ~24hours
    What a beautiful time.

Texas_11 said:

Wow! Just wow! 511 per crit almost! It’s crazy good! Thanks Kabam l!

If it’s not bugged I’ll R5 my hood today. No joke. Great with suicides and sustainable.
    I was pulling for you my man. I really was
    TOD- 1250
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Aleor said:

Takes a day to make decision to fix his regen 'bug', but no any reaction for 5 days now. Transparency, right?

To be fair, if a behavior is determined to be an obvious bug and not working as intended, it doesn't take long to decide it has to be fixed and the fix in this case is obvious: remove the heal on stagger refresh. And furthermore, it only hurts the players if they drag their feet on that fix, because the 99% of players who don't read the forums don't know this is a bug and would be making decisions like rank up decisions based on incorrect information. It is important *to the players* that Kabam fix those kinds of bugs as quickly as possible. It doesn't hurt them at all to drag their feet on it: it hurts us.

If they are thinking about our feedback on Hood, there is no simple answer to this problem, and it goes beyond Hood: it goes to their core philosophy on how they update all future champions like Hood, and it goes to where you draw the line between removing something that is incidental to improve a champion for the majority of players, and where to decide it is more important to preserve existing functionality and spend more time crafting an update that improves the champion without disturbing existing use cases.

I never said this was an easy decision to make in all cases. I only said Hood was an obvious case where the devs got it wrong. But if they are seriously thinking about this situation, they have to be thinking about the hard cases not just the easy ones.
    How come they haven't said a word about Civil Warrior and Masacre's bugs tho? Civil Warrior's armor up buffs are not pausing correctly after special attacks, and his sp3 power lock is 4 seconds shorter than it should be. Masacre's UI is bugged, making it harder to manage his ignition charges. Why's it always gotta be the bug that benefits the players that has to get addressed immediately?
    Did the Hood bug benefit the players? A bunch of people probably ranked up Hood based on the incorrect idea that the healing was working correctly. Ask them if the bug benefitted them.

Conversely, how many players are currently saying "Civil Warrior is broken, let's rank him up." Those issues are only temporarily problematic. No one is going to be permanently harmed by those issues. But every second Hood's bug was active players were being permanently harmed. To me, the Hood bug was an emergency to verify and resolve, because it was by far the most harmful one to the players.
    Yeah,
    My hood was healing crazy at R2.

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

If it’s not bugged I’ll R5 my hood today. No joke. Great with suicides and sustainable.
    TOD- 1250
    It hurts man, he was so fun and reliable with the regen. And the fix hurts how he feels a lot now sadly.
    Hopefully he is still a good champion for you.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

Agresssor said:

Agresssor said:

Yes, but people weren't using him to counterattack basic attacks like Ghost. We have Ghost for that, we don't need two champs that do it. Hood's 45% chance to miss basic attacks was a necessary check to balance his 90% for projectiles. If he had a 100% chance to miss all attacks for the full duration of his Invisibility, he'd be way too OP since you can have also 100% uptime on his invisibility. His 90% chance is way more useful than his 120% chance in every fight where he was used. Think of Kinetic Transference P2099. It's a brutal fight with most champs, but Hood used to destroy it.
    " We have Ghost for that, we don't need two champs that do it. " If i dont have ghost ? but i have hood, so in this case ill chose 120% over 45% for counter attack.

With this logic if we have 1 champion in game who can place place shocks, bleeds then why do we need others with the same abilities
    Maybe that wasn’t the best way to phrase that, let me try again.
    Hood was never intended to be used as miss-counterattack champion like how Ghost was, he was intended to be used to get around projectiles and he was arguably the best for it. What we have now is a new champion that doesn’t do what Hood was meant to and now leaves that niche utility empty. We shouldn’t be getting rid of a niche utility like that just to have a copy of another champ’s utility.
    If you want another counterattack champ like Ghost, invest in Prof X, Elsa, Stryfe (I think), Surfer, IW, or, now, Super Skrull. Ebony Maw is also an option if you want to spend three hours in a fight.
    Hood 1.0 wasn't meant too be like that, but hood 2.0 actually was, as you have to get new bullets somehow. Personally I don't like it at all. Makes him a lot less versatile in terms of rotation and a lot more stressful then he was.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Aleor said:

DNA3000 said:

Aleor said:

DNA3000 said:

Aleor said:

I'm just being salty.

Also, they could've ask for some suggestions/feedback for some buff template before implementing them. Despite some people saying 'don't judge the buff by its description', we can state that all those players who didn't like fate seal removed from description didn't like it in game as well. And those who liked it are people who never used hood before.
    They also could've think about making his sp1 or sp3 usable, not just spamming sp2. Maybe even remove that lame holding block thing.
    It would not be a bad idea at all if, when the devs are looking at mid-tier updates, to reach out specifically to players who have ranked them up and are actively playing them, to find out *why* they ranked them up and *where* they are actively playing them. The datamining data they have tells them how many players are doing things. It doesn't tell them why those players are doing those things.
    I don't know what data mining they are doing, but I guess it should show where people use hood. Otherwise their analysis is incomplete. It's not like data mining is some fixed algorithm you are not allowed to change. Nothing difficult to look for top occurring enemies/nodes he was used for
    To be specific, data mining can theoretically show everything, but of course no human could wade through that much data: you might as well firehose the server logs up your nose. Instead they present statistical information to the devs. That statistical information would (likely) show, for example, where people use Hood, and how many people have ranked up Hood. It may or may not specifically show things like where players who ranked up Hood use Hood with that kind of detail, but it is that kind of detail that would be important to know what parts of a champion's kit are incidental and which parts of a champion's kit are critical to the players who use it the most.

And it won't necessarily tell the devs what part of the champion are most important to the players in those specific situations, and sometimes this isn't obvious, because different players play champions differently. Two different players might use the exact same champion differently in the exact same fight. Knowing what the players themselves think is important is another detail that datamining is unlikely to illuminate.
    They can make some survey, if there are any doubts. Or even watch some yt vids. Plenty of days sources out there. Only a matter of desire on kabam side to dive into them
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

TOD- 1250
    It hurts man, he was so fun and reliable with the regen. And the fix hurts how he feels a lot now sadly.
    Hopefully he is still a good champion for you.
    I kinda want RDTs now, he just doesn’t feel as fun as he was.However, I’ll be ranking punisher 2099 to R5 instead because the buff made him stupid fun imo.

Guys, let's open another thread, called:
    "Nick fury persistent charge is INSANE!"
    or
    "Corvus Glaive's persistent charge is OP"

In such post we will enjoy how these champions don't have the persistent charge and this is a super good change for the champions gameplay:
    Nick doesn't need to lose his first life, he simply hasn't got it.
    Corvus no longer needs to build missions, since he will not gain the persistent charge

Then we say something like
    "Oh, I hope it's working as intended, can Kabam confirm?"

Voilà, Fix incoming in 24h.
    Follow me for further life hacks.

What do you think would happen? The entire community stays quiet and Kabam doesn’t discover that hood is now one of highest regenerating champs in game. Or you want everyone to invest in a game breaking bug not knowing if it’s correct.

It doesn’t work like this that.