**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

@Texas_11 it’s Hood today.
    May be your favorite champ tomorrow.

I’m ready man.
    BAM Elsa no longer reloads her debuffs and they cap at 1. But her incinerate has 500% potency and higher base attack! OP!
    That’s not quite the same change.

It would be more like Elsa losing her to utility say.... while bleeding she heals blocks opponent’s they remove that.
    That is no where close to the same as losing al forms of fate seal.

She doesnt take reduced bleed damage so it doesnt do much in endgame content.
    When is the last time you used hood? Not with ghost? What is the last fight you had with hood where you fate sealed the opponent and it helped because it wasn’t due to the stagger?
    Messing around in act 7 a week or two ago. Not that ive used many champs other than my AW ones in the past few weeks.
    I’m not trying to pick an argument. All I’m saying is, I think people have been overestimating how effective hoods fate seal has been for them, this is clearly shown when people are fighting her champion boss.

The only fight I feel really got bad was the vision AA fights, and that’s because he couldn’t remove buffs. I have said this several times now. Any of us can take a champ and do a summary of every single node they are good for and say we used them for them it’s just not practical to take anecdotes and apply it to data.

It’s like saying we are going to start ticketing everyone who doesn’t wear a mask. There are some people saying I haven’t worn a mask ever and I never had a virus. It just doesn’t work like that man. If Kabam could show us the data we could probably have a better conversation about this.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    ADDIS0N said:

Take the old hood, give him a 15-20% base attack rating.

As a bonus, allow him to stack up to 2 staggers.

Done.

I would like to be able to stack shocks with l1 as well.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    ADDIS0N said:

Texas_11 said:

zeezee57 said:

H

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.
    BAM Elsa no longer reloads her debuffs and they cap at 1. But her incinerate has 500% potency and higher base attack! OP!

It would be more like Elsa losing her to utility say.... while bleeding she heals blocks opponent’s they remove that.

When is the last time you used hood? Not with ghost? What is the last fight you had with hood where you fate sealed the opponent and it helped because it wasn’t due to the stagger?
    I think the better question is when have you actually read a response in this thread? I've kept up with this all somewhat and your ability to ignore every point everyone has made and just keep going with the same responses is astounding.
    If you have been following anything you would see that I have agreed with several peoples post. He wanted to talk about Elsa Bloodstone ? That’s fine , I have no problem. But when we start discussing what it would be like it goes no where .

I have agreed rank down tickets are necessary.

I have agreed that the fate seal is not necessarily game breaking in his current kit.

I have agreed that it is unfortunate some people
    Got the short end of the stick.

I even agreed they could add it back on the SP3

I cannot agree that everyone was affected the same way, he is a better champ overall. It doesn’t make sense to have any champ in a 200k-300k fight for 8-9 mins. I watched plenty of videos of him pre buff and did testing on my own. There is not many fights in the game where he was a better champ. Maybe resistor node , maybe 7.1 , maybe a Medusa fight.

People were citing the champion fight and people were citing Annhilus and he handles both of those fights beautifully. In fact , after watching multiple
    Videos of the champion take down, there was ever hardly a time the fate seal saved you from The champion unstoppable, it was the stagger.

Dude, we get it.

You didn't like the old Hood because he wasn't Mystic Corvus.

We did because we saw the value in him as he was and used him a lot.

Just because you're not capable of understanding that does not mean we're wrong and you're right.

Give it up.
    I think all of his points are spot on. This doesn’t effect everyone. Very small portion of the community actually.

I know the more skilled players using him are upset I can sympathize with them. I was upset when they added star lord limit of 400 hits 🤮. Life went on.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    the regen was great but it was broken, no champ in the game regen's that much that reliably.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.

Messing around in act 7 a week or two ago. Not that ive used many champs other than my AW ones in the past few weeks.
    I’m not trying to pick an argument. All I’m saying is, I think people have been overestimating how effective hoods fate seal has been for them, this is clearly shown when people are fighting her champion boss.

The only fight I feel really got bad was the vision AA fights, and that’s because he couldn’t remove buffs. I have said this several times now. Any of us can take a champ and do a summary of every single node they are good for and say we used them for them it’s just not practical to take anecdotes and apply it to data.

It’s like saying we are going to start ticketing everyone who doesn’t wear a mask. There are some people saying I haven’t worn a mask ever and I never had a virus. It just doesn’t work like that man. If Kabam could show us the data we could probably have a better conversation about this.
    And what about those that truly ranked Hood up for his fateseal? As i know a few did? Do they just get to suck it up, or do they get rdts? It would only make sense.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    RakeYoung said:

the regen was great but it was broken, no champ in the game regen's that much that reliably.

Not even close to accurate
    ADDIS0N said:

Texas_11 said:

zeezee57 said:

H

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.

I think the better question is when have you actually read a response in this thread? I've kept up with this all somewhat and your ability to ignore every point everyone has made and just keep going with the same responses is astounding.
    If you have been following anything you would see that I have agreed with several peoples post. He wanted to talk about Elsa Bloodstone ? That’s fine , I have no problem. But when we start discussing what it would be like it goes no where .

I have agreed that the fate seal is not necessarily game breaking in his current kit.

I cannot agree that everyone was affected the same way, he is a better champ overall. It doesn’t make sense to have any champ in a 200k-300k fight for 8-9 mins. I watched plenty of videos of him pre buff and did testing on my own. There is not many fights in the game where he was a better champ. Maybe resistor node , maybe 7.1 , maybe a Medusa fight.

People were citing the champion fight and people were citing Annhilus and he handles both of those fights beautifully. In fact , after watching multiple
    Videos of the champion take down, there was ever hardly a time the fate seal saved you from The champion unstoppable, it was the stagger.

Dude, we get it.

Just because you're not capable of understanding that does not mean we're wrong and you're right.

Give it up.
    My 6* Corvus is sitting at R1 and I have ranked up vision AA and Red Goblin before him.

I never said I didn’t like the old hood, I already had him at R2.

That’s the point I’m trying to make . One side is trying to tell the other side how to think, that’s why this discussion doesn’t work. If someone says it’s better, you argue it’s worse, everyone plays the game differently, so why is your opening better than mine or vice versa. I understand where you are coming from, I really do. I just don’t undertrained how you can say hood was better before . He now has uses outside of buff matchups , he still has a way to control buffs. He lost his fate seal, but I think his new kit makes up for it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Zan0 said:

RakeYoung said:

Have you never used wolverine?
    Even X-23 has pre-nerf hood level regen, if you keep your power high.
    She doesn't have much else going on. That's the difference. One Ability doesn't make a Champ OP. Combining it with others becomes layered.

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.

And what about those that truly ranked Hood up for his fateseal? As i know a few did? Do they just get to suck it up, or do they get rdts? It would only make sense.
    I ranked magneto to R5 for two fights in AOL for the Killmongers. I haven’t used him since. Of course I think if they genuinely used hoods fate seal RDT is reasonably. They can add it back on the SP3. I would prefer they hand out rank up tickets .

Texas_11 said:

ADDIS0N said:

Texas_11 said:

zeezee57 said:

H

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.

Dude, we get it.

Give it up.
    My 6* Corvus is sitting at R1 and I have ranked up vision AA and Red Goblin before him.

I never said I didn’t like the old hood, I already had him at R2.

That’s the point I’m trying to make . One side is trying to tell the other side how to think, that’s why this discussion doesn’t work. If someone says it’s better, you argue it’s worse, everyone plays the game differently, so why is your opening better than mine or vice versa. I understand where you are coming from, I really do. I just don’t undertrained how you can say hood was better before . He now has uses outside of buff matchups , he still has a way to control buffs. He lost his fate seal, but I think his new kit makes up for it.
    Mystic Corvus doesnt literally mean Corvus. Smh.
    I understand that, but I have actually had the chance to rank Corvus and passed him over several times because I don’t cafe for him. But damage has never been my thing I have always said I prefer utility over damage. I always thought hood was underrated , but I never thought hood was a good champ to rank up, unless you absolutely needed him. I needed him so I ranked him up then the fights were so long i decided to use my 5* instead. I think there is a balance between utility and damage 1 all utility = Psychoman 10 all damage = Starlord.

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.

I ranked magneto to R5 for two fights in AOL for the Killmongers. I haven’t used him since. Of course I think if they genuinely used hoods fate seal RDT is reasonably. They can add it back on the SP3. I would prefer they hand out rank up tickets .
    What does that have to do with this conversation..? Rank up tickets..?

Tbh, i still prefer the old Hood. Flashy numbers are great but i like the old one.
    I think Rank down tickets punish the summoner , while giving a Rank up ticket or R1-R2 or whatever variation doesn’t punisher you for not liking the rework.

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.

Tbh, i still prefer the old Hood. Flashy numbers are great but i like the old one.
    No, no, you don’t understand, you have to like new Hood more! That’s why he’s spending all this time preaching about new Hood.
    That is not true. I have said there is no side that is correct. Every player has a different purpose.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.

I think Rank down tickets punish the summoner , while giving a Rank up ticket or R1-R2 or whatever variation doesn’t punisher you for not liking the rework.
    Rank up tickets would be free resources though?

A rdt is getting resources back.
    @Masterpuff if you like the old hood , more power to you, nothing wrong with that.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.

That'd be entirely unfair to everyone who didn't rank up old Hood. RDTs are perfect because they only apply to the people who are affected by it and get exactly what they lost from the nerf.