**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Wow! Just wow! 511 per crit almost! It’s crazy good! Thanks Kabam l!

If it’s not bugged I’ll R5 my hood today. No joke. Great with suicides and sustainable.
    I was pulling for you my man. I really was
    TOD- 1250
    It hurts man, he was so fun and reliable with the regen. And the fix hurts how he feels a lot now sadly.
    Hopefully he is still a good champion for you.
    I kinda want RDTs now, he just doesn’t feel as fun as he was.
    You can always email Custoemr support. See what happens.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

@Texas_11 it’s Hood today.
    May be your favorite champ tomorrow.

I’m ready man.
    BAM Elsa no longer reloads her debuffs and they cap at 1. But her incinerate has 500% potency and higher base attack! OP!
  • eX12eX12 Posts: 3
    Man I this was never mentioned. I'm not seeing the Regen when stagger is reapplied.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

His Regen ain't so great anymore.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    eX12 said:

Man I this was never mentioned. I'm not seeing the Regen when stagger is reapplied.

They adjusted it so it no longer regens unless the stagger is used or expires. So the regen is only rewarding if you play passively or fight a champ that gains buffs.

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.
    BAM Elsa no longer reloads her debuffs and they cap at 1. But her incinerate has 500% potency and higher base attack! OP!
    That’s not quite the same change.

It would be more like Elsa losing her to utility say.... while bleeding she heals blocks opponent’s they remove that.
  • ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 245
    eX12 said:

check page 3

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.
    You also leave Elsa out of this !!
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.

It would be more like Elsa losing her to utility say.... while bleeding she heals blocks opponent’s they remove that.
    That is no where close to the same as losing al forms of fate seal.

She doesnt take reduced bleed damage so it doesnt do much in endgame content.
    ADDIS0N said:

When the roadmap was released, I was most excited about the ambitious "buff schedule." I think many of us were. My initial thoughts were, "Justice for OG Cap! Justice for Black Panther! Justice for Iron Man! Justice for Hulk!" There are so many classic and beloved base champs with no redeeming qualities that are ripe for rebuilds.

What I didn't know at the time was that in some cases mid-tier champions that I love, use frequently and invested in - champions who maybe needed some minor tweaks here and there like a simple bump in attack boost to be competitive in their class - would be completely overhauled and turned into completely different champs.

Some champs need major overhauls and deserve it. Magneto is one and that turned out fantastic. He's a better champ in literally every possible way. He was considered garbage and nobody used him. Almost every other mutant in his class was better.

There are myriad others who fall into this category. Old, forgotten champions like the aforementioned OG Cap is an abysmal champion. He has no memorable abilities that anyone cares about, so you literally have a clean slate to start with and a ton of opportunity to make him the Captain America that everyone knows and loves. He's a PERFECT candidate for an overhaul.

So, with all of these rebuild-ready champs currently available, why take developer time to completely redesign a champ like The Hood, who already had a fantastic overall design and utility kit, and turn him into a champion that is, for all intents and purposes, something that is completely and totally different?

I'm not saying he's terrible. His new design has quite a few positives and this is especially true if he's not currently bugged. Hell, if he was released this month, I'd actually probably like him a lot. But this isn't the case. He is a pre-existing champ who was secretly changed into something brand new. HE IS NOT THE SAME CHAMP ANYMORE.

I'm just really confused by this philosophy and this direction, and, as a long-time fan of this game, it gives me cause for great concern.

Who's next on this list?

Who should I wait to rank up because they might suddenly be a completely different champ next month?

It's not like rank-up resources are just growing on trees, so I think it's important that we have a real, honest conversation about this and try to figure out how this type of scenario can be avoided in the future - because, and I have to be honest here - I don't want to play a game that operates this way.

I'm not sure if anyone does.

He is not the same champ, that is the entire point of a rebalance. What I just don’t understand is how you think a minor tweak would have helped hood? You could give him 50% attack all around and he still would have been a champ that can’t trigger a single rage node.

He needed a new damage mechanic. Simply ramping up nothing just would not work. Bleed ? Shock? That’s about all he has. You could see people doing videos with him and he was still not able to do anything.

It’s just weird how all of a sudden, his fate seal was a game changer for so many people. They say it was so I can only assume that, but I’m curious about what the data says.

Essentially what you are saying is for the future
    Re - works just buff their damage. That just won’t work.

Iron man - Buff his regen; Buff his Armor ups , and buff his armor breaks, and we have a new champion. With minor tweaks.

Every champ going forward people will complain. I’m actually waiting for red skull to get buffed to see who used red skull to power drain.
  • SonicEmpireSonicEmpire Posts: 83
    IMO when they took away his regen frequency he went from amazing back to meh. Was gonna take my 6* to R3 but now he’ll stay at R1.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★
    Agree

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.

When is the last time you used hood? Not with ghost? What is the last fight you had with hood where you fate sealed the opponent and it helped because it wasn’t due to the stagger?
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    With ongoing discussion about hood I came up with some version of his buff that I would be happy with. The poll is to see what people think about it.
    (Hood 1 - before changes, hood 2 - kabam changes with fixed regen and heavy, hood 3 - my suggestions with some balanced numbers, so he can't go op).

Abilities description:

Mediums - non-contact hits

Leave his sp2 as it was.

Invis - 90% for projectiles, for other hits - 100% for the first hit, every next hit two times lower (100-50-25-12.5-...). Instead of holding block dash back twice to activate invis (like no retreat node; this would make it harder to time invis right, but would allow avoid holding block, wich is a always a bad thing). Dash back invis has it's own cooldown timer (reasonably long one), wich doesn't interact with sp2 invis timer.

Regen - make it trigger on stagger refresh, but make it 10 times less potent. With no holding block you could've probably just remove that regen at all, or leave it to just to compensate for suicide users, like namor atm

Sp1 - every lightning hit has a chance to place passive shock charg, while he has a persistent charge. You can get a persistent charge with every miss of non projectile hit and x1% with every missed projectile hit. Shock charges on enemy decay with time, the more charges, the faster they expire. Every expired charges deals x2 damage

Heavy attack - pause all shock charges decay, refresh stagger.

Sp3 - consume all charges, deal m1 * x2 damage, gain charged buff/passive for t1 seconds; while active, every contact hit places a shock on enemy, dealing m2 * x2 damage over t2 seconds

Sig ability:
    while invisible, stun immune, power steal with bullets hits.
    at the start of the fight gain some amount of persistent charges based on sig level

Basically it's a mixture of both hoods we had with some extra use for his sp1 and sp3 (inspired by killmonger). I actually used hood for some of 6.3 exploration, did path where you have to apply shock to your opponent, and hood was my best option. Without heavy refreshing shock he could still be valuable there as well.
    Aleor said:

With ongoing discussion about hood I came up with some version of his buff that I would be happy with. The poll is to see what people think about it.
    (Hood 1 - before changes, hood 2 - kabam changes with fixed regen and heavy, hood 3 - my suggestions with some balanced numbers, so he can't go op).

Abilities description:

Mediums - non-contact hits

Leave his sp2 as it was.

Invis - 90% for projectiles, for other hits - 100% for the first hit, every next hit two times lower (100-50-25-12.5-...). Instead of holding block dash back twice to activate invis (like no retreat node; this would make it harder to time invis right, but would allow avoid holding block, wich is a always a bad thing). Dash back invis has it's own cooldown timer (reasonably long one), wich doesn't interact with sp2 invis timer.

Regen - make it trigger on stagger refresh, but make it 10 times less potent. With no holding block you could've probably just remove that regen at all, or leave it to just to compensate for suicide users, like namor atm

Sp1 - every lightning hit has a chance to place passive shock charg, while he has a persistent charge. You can get a persistent charge with every miss of non projectile hit and x1% with every missed projectile hit. Shock charges on enemy decay with time, the more charges, the faster they expire. Every expired charges deals x2 damage

Heavy attack - pause all shock charges decay, refresh stagger.

Sp3 - consume all charges, deal m1 * x2 damage, gain charged buff/passive for t1 seconds; while active, every contact hit places a shock on enemy, dealing m2 * x2 damage over t2 seconds

Sig ability:
    while invisible, stun immune, power steal with bullets hits.
    at the start of the fight gain some amount of persistent charges based on sig level

Basically it's a mixture of both hoods we had with some extra use for his sp1 and sp3 (inspired by killmonger). I actually used hood for some of 6.3 exploration, did path where you have to apply shock to your opponent, and hood was my best option. Without heavy refreshing shock he could still be valuable there as well.

The poll link is https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/253269/the-hood-the-bad-the-ugly-the-worst
    Hope kabam will kindly consider remaking hood
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.

When is the last time you used hood? Not with ghost? What is the last fight you had with hood where you fate sealed the opponent and it helped because it wasn’t due to the stagger?
    I used him for Feb cav eq
    zeezee57 said:

H

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.

I think the better question is when have you actually read a response in this thread? I've kept up with this all somewhat and your ability to ignore every point everyone has made and just keep going with the same responses is astounding.
    If you have been following anything you would see that I have agreed with several peoples post. He wanted to talk about Elsa Bloodstone ? That’s fine , I have no problem. But when we start discussing what it would be like it goes no where .

I have agreed rank down tickets are necessary.

I have agreed that the fate seal is not necessarily game breaking in his current kit.

I have agreed that it is unfortunate some people
    Got the short end of the stick.

I even agreed they could add it back on the SP3

I cannot agree that everyone was affected the same way, he is a better champ overall. It doesn’t make sense to have any champ in a 200k-300k fight for 8-9 mins. I watched plenty of videos of him pre buff and did testing on my own. There is not many fights in the game where he was a better champ. Maybe resistor node , maybe 7.1 , maybe a Medusa fight.

People were citing the champion fight and people were citing Annhilus and he handles both of those fights beautifully. In fact , after watching multiple
    Videos of the champion take down, there was ever hardly a time the fate seal saved you from The champion unstoppable, it was the stagger.

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.

Messing around in act 7 a week or two ago. Not that ive used many champs other than my AW ones in the past few weeks.
    Texas_11 said:

zeezee57 said:

H

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

I’m ready man.

I think the better question is when have you actually read a response in this thread? I've kept up with this all somewhat and your ability to ignore every point everyone has made and just keep going with the same responses is astounding.
    If you have been following anything you would see that I have agreed with several peoples post. He wanted to talk about Elsa Bloodstone ? That’s fine , I have no problem. But when we start discussing what it would be like it goes no where .

I have agreed rank down tickets are necessary.

I have agreed that the fate seal is not necessarily game breaking in his current kit.

I have agreed that it is unfortunate some people
    Got the short end of the stick.

I even agreed they could add it back on the SP3

I cannot agree that everyone was affected the same way, he is a better champ overall. It doesn’t make sense to have any champ in a 200k-300k fight for 8-9 mins. I watched plenty of videos of him pre buff and did testing on my own. There is not many fights in the game where he was a better champ. Maybe resistor node , maybe 7.1 , maybe a Medusa fight.

People were citing the champion fight and people were citing Annhilus and he handles both of those fights beautifully. In fact , after watching multiple
    Videos of the champion take down, there was ever hardly a time the fate seal saved you from The champion unstoppable, it was the stagger.

I mentioned Elsa because I know she is one of your favorite champs and you said “im ready man” to someone else saying next kabam is coming for your favorite champs. And i did that to prove a point how “ready” you were, which was obviously not very ready considering how unbelievably defensive you got.