**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rank up quake?

ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 645 ★★★
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I just pulled quake as a 5 star and am wondering if I should take her to rank 5. I know people love her but personally I don’t like her play style. It’s so easy to mess up and get clapped. Should I rank her up and just learn to play her? Or focus on other champs?

Rank up quake? 29 votes

Rank up Quake
72%
Lvernon15Spurgeon14Zlatn1qAssumedNamedoctorbEtjamaHera1d_of_Ga1actusDonDudu2809Sarvanga1_Unio77Prakhar_82VendemiaireFaseehTheBair123TRDSJBHJ12345___Stebo_79Barani7daXanatosThePredator1001TheBoogyMan 21 votes
Don’t Rank up Quake
27%
_Sham_KyusushuiDfour24RenaxqqEtherealityThe_Sentry06[Deleted User]Dreanica 8 votes
Post edited by Kabam Valiant on

Comments

• KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    Learn to play with her then rank her up. Different people takes different time periods to get a hang of her playstyle.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Rank up Quake
    Rank up Quake and you win the game.
  • Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    Rank up Quake
    Try to learn her before ranking her up. Visit Munash on YT, he has some incredible guides. Would suggest you to only learn evade parry then evade dex method first. Evade only will take time
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Rank up Quake

Try to learn her before ranking her up. Visit Munash on YT, he has some incredible guides. Would suggest you to only learn evade parry then evade dex method first. Evade only will take time

Learn Evade Dex right away. It's easier to adjust from Evade Dex to Evade Parry. A lot of Evade Parry Quake players are having a hard time learning Evade Dex.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Rank up Quake
    Learn how to quake and you've won the game
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Leave her at r4 until you're comfortable with her and play her often until you are.

Played optimally, r5 just means quicker fights and more freedom in matches that require parry like those 2-hit medium jerks.

Of course if you can be consistent with the heavy-only method then that doesn't matter, but then you're a wizard who operates by means this mere mortal cannae understand.
  • KennMcocKennMcoc Posts: 158
    Rank up Quake
    Quake can help u to win the game
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Don’t Rank up Quake
    Look, the sound advice is actually to indeed rank her up and learn to Quake'n Bake, Quake'n Shake, Quake'n Heavy and only that can literally allow you to bulldozer like 80% or more of the game's entire content . Having a Quake plus a Ghost ( with Wasp and Hood) is basically a " YOU WIN" button in this game.

Sound advice right?

However, why did I vote not to rank her then? Mind you, what I am about to write comes from someone that would know because I myself have a 5* R4 Quake that has been gathering dust in my roster for like two years now, and I have no plans whatsoever to R5 her. Hell I even have a science r4 to r5 gem that I am debating to use whether on Wasp ( cuz I have Ghost) or Thing ... Quake doesn't even figure in my choices.

Why you ask? Well the reason is very simple.:

This is a game. Games are supposed to be fun. Particularly, I play this game to relax and blow steam. Whenever I have sat down to try to "learn to Quake" it has felt like going to work. It's this sensation that " I am doing this because I HAVE to do it" but doing it is boring, repetitive, not fun in the very slightest. Thus, why would I play a game to escape from the travails of life (such as work) if playing such game feels precisely like that thing I am trying to escape from? It doesn't make sense to me. Hence, Quake remains unused and unranked.

Seems to me that you have similar feelings regarding Quake, if so then no, it's not a good idea to rank her. Use the resources for ranking a champ you enjoy using, not the one the people say you "have " to rank.