**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5/65 Corvus useful in Act 7 / Cav difficulty, etc.

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
So, I have the ability to take Corvus to R5 today, but as I have explained several times, I am not the biggest fan of his character design and I am also so far in content that I feel like he would not be worth ranking up if I can pull a 6* Corvus any time in the next 3-6 months. To be fair, I will probably someday want to explore Act 6, though it just does not really appeal to me, but I know he is pretty solid for most of that. I have already 100% explored Act 7.1, explored Variants 2-5, etc. Is Corvus worth ranking up, or should I take up someone much more fun and potentially more useful in later content (as a side note, I am currently considering taking up from Rank 4 to 5: Spider-Ham, Platinumpool, maybe Torch, and I guess Doom, but meh)?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    If you have sides and boost and his wife maybe depends on your skill
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I kinda stopped using him in 6.2.

I mostly use him for AQ, AW, EQ, and special monthly quests.
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    Used him to clear 6.3 for my other account and he is amazing. It's a surprise for myself too because I thought he can't do much from 6.3 onwards but he is so so useful especially for bosses.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Corvus is worth it.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Corvus is worth it.

I second this.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Without suicides, he's still great for the Cav EQ, SQ's, 6.1 & 2, and Act 7. With suicides, you can use him pretty much everywhere and he's still the most used champ in Map 7. Don't listen to the haters.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Well, if you explored Act 7 without him at 5/65, you might consider whether you need to rank him up at all. Especially because Act 7 has big bonuses for using 6-star champs, so you might want to invest in those.

I love Corvus and use him all the time, but mine is 6sr2, and I run Recoil, etc. If the path has at least two charges for him, he's golden.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I don't run suicides and took 6* corvus to r3 for tb. I never use him anywhere except aq/aw. Only have 6.4 and aol to explore atm. Corvus is bad for both. Unfortunately, I pulled aarkus just a week later (I thought it would've take me a lot more time, so I'd had cosmic t5cc by the time he would join my team), otherwise would've take him to r3 instead.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    He is only the very best champion in the game, for one of the 2 most important game nodes: Alliance Quest. Even if you never ever use him for anything else outside that, he is still worth it.

That being said, he totally owns Blaze and Flare nodes in Act 7.1.
    Also he wasn't any op in latest cav eq - need to have many armour breaks to get that fury. Aarkus and cull both were great. Hype only has one armour break, but has a lot of hits on sp1/heavy, pretty easy to ramp him there. Medusa, I guess. CGR. Buffed Angela should be great there. With corvus you can hit in block waiting while your enemy stacks armours, but it's such a long and boring chore, you probably don't want to do that.

He is only the very best champion in the game, for one of the 2 most important game nodes: Alliance Quest. Even if you never ever use him for anything else outside that, he is still worth it.

That being said, he totally owns Blaze and Flare nodes in Act 7.1.

He still degens on flare in 7.1. Used r4 5* rogue over him there, didn't use a single hp potion or revive. He was only good for path, where you have to hit in block.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    I've always considered Corvus and his ability to not die a patchwork solution for almost every situation.

Do you not have a counter to a node that does passive damage? Corvus

Can you not fit a Magik counter onto your team with the rest of the path? Corvus

For example, in 6.3.5 there's a Long Distance Relationship + Cramping node, that I could not figure out at the time. Thankfully, there were a few charges on the path early (sym spidey for evade, green goblin for tech, and Cap for avenger). Corvus and his not dying made it through that path for me.

He may rarely be the best counter, but he covers a lot of ground if you can play with low hp and not take blocked hits.
    Kill_Grey said:

Corvus is worth it.

I second this.
    Where did this come from? 👀
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Without suicides, he's still great for the Cav EQ, SQ's, 6.1 & 2, and Act 7. With suicides, you can use him pretty much everywhere and he's still the most used champ in Map 7. Don't listen to the haters.

I stopped reading everyone else’s post after reading this. Key component missed when looking at corvus. He is AQ. He will free up other champions on your roster to use else where. Park him in aq and OP you’ll be golden. Definitely don’t listen to the haters. Corvus ❤️
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Corvus is worth it.

I second this.
    My 5/65, sig 1, suicidal corvus ;)
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Corvus is worth it.

I second this.
    My man! Knew you'd like him. 😂
    Jaded said:

Etjama said:

I stopped reading everyone else’s post after reading this. Key component missed when looking at corvus. He is AQ. He will free up other champions on your roster to use else where. Park him in aq and OP you’ll be golden. Definitely don’t listen to the haters. Corvus ❤️
    Yeah, that's a very good point. Even if he was absolutely worthless in every other part of the game, his effectiveness in AQ alone 100% makes him worth the rank-up. It's just a guaranteed easy time and makes sure you have other champs available.
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Corvus is worth it.

I second this.
    Haven't had time to test him extensively tho, but man did he run through AQ :D

I tried him in the 6.2.6 dyb path, and it is...much harder than I thought it'd be 😐.
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Corvus is worth it.

I second this.

I tried him in the 6.2.6 dyb path, and it is...much harder than I thought it'd be 😐.
    The fact that he's supposed to be the best option for it says a lot about that path.
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Corvus is worth it.

I second this.

The fact that he's supposed to be the best option for it says a lot about that path.
    I got wrecked by killmonger, lmao. Completely forgot about the reverb.