**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    Again, where is the rank down ticket?
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
    To be honest, very stupid mechanic, so you steal opponnets health when your staggers expires at full duration ( 5 sec ) or nullifies a buff, against champions who do not receive buffs your staggers will never expire because every crit in your combo " refresh /reapply ' the stagger except that you place a stagger than you wait 5 sec.
    If he stacked staggers at least 2-3 then maybe it would make sense

Or maybe, if he couldn't place a stagger from crit hits if the opponent has already a stagger ( for ex: omega red heavy attack degen ) but in this case your staggers will be less effective if you need to wait 5 sec to place a new stagger
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Agresssor said:

Or maybe, if he couldn't place a stagger from crit hits if the opponent has already a stagger ( for ex: omega red heavy attack degen ) but in this case your staggers will be less effective if you need to wait 5 sec to place a new stagger

His regen was a bonus and not a core mechanic. You could for example place a stagger, back off, wait for it to expire, place on again. Do it 10 times and you gained 10% health. You don't generally use that stagger for regen though. If you are bringing Hood, it is for buff control.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Agresssor said:

To be honest, very stupid mechanic, so you steal opponnets health when your staggers expires at full duration ( 5 sec ) or nullifies a buff, against champions who do not receive buffs your staggers will never expire because every crit in your combo " refresh /reapply ' the stagger except that you place a stagger than you wait 5 sec.
    If he stacked staggers at least 2-3 then maybe it would make sense

If you tested Hood2.0, you'd know that 5s duration was short enough for a significant fraction of staggers to expire. That was one issue with the staggers: you don't get continuous coverage, and without fate seal any buff that slips by can't be removed (short of waiting for it to expire on its own, which made permanent duration buffs particularly problematic).
    DNA3000 said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Qfury said:

Too many pages to go through and too much bickering to read through. Can someone catch me up on what's happening please. Seen someone say they took away his regen?.

TL;DR: Everyone is ticked because hood got nerfed in the place where people used him for, Kabam have done a piss-poor job at replying to the backlash and then we had a bunch of bickering amongst us.
    There's also the people who ranked him post-berf because they thought some bugs were part of his new kit.

Really just a clusterfunk all around.
    I feel no sympathy for those people to be honest. The regen looked broken as soon as I saw it. When you see a champion doing something not matching with the text and still take him up, you don't rank up the champ.
    Hood's abilities read "When the stagger ends".

And to be fair, "ends" is quite a subjective term. Has it ended when it's replaced or when it ends without being replaced? Technically when something has been replaced, the original has "ended", but in terms of the game kabam have decided that that doesn't qualify. Anyone who didnt play Hood before his buff may not have known this was the way it always functioned, and as such would not know that it was bugged.

I feel for those people. Anyone who played hood before should really have known it was bugged.
    If something looks broken as hell, you don't touch it. Similar to the side event some months back. As soon as you realize something is wrong, stop doing it. I admit Kabam's champion descriptions are very ambiguous, but the regen was too Op. It was 1% health every combo if at least one of your combo crits, tell me that is not broken.
    If the description said ends without replacement, I’d 100% agree. But just because something “looks broken” I don’t think that’s enough. It’s a very subjective term.

Hoods regen matched his description of ending, it’s on kabam to communicate a bug which should have been obvious through testing, or update the description so it’s less vague.

It’s not on people to realise that kabam messed up when it’s something that isn’t as obviously broken. Plenty of champions regen, some more than Hood. Why is Hoods broken at once a combo? But Ghost rider can regen every hit for a period of time, or Morningstar can regen 20% of hits, or once a combo, or blade on demand when blocking.

I agree that in this case, we shouldn't expect the average player to understand that change was bonkers. I *do* expect veteran players to know better, and I *especially* expect players willing to speak on the subject of what's balanced or appropriate to know better. Most players just want to play the game, and I don't expect those players to appreciate the nuances of the game. I feel for those players who ranked up what they thought was a bonanza champ.

But there are players out there, who I won't single out, not all of them here on the forums, who seem to have very strong opinions on game design, but also want to claim they had no idea the regen was broken. That's laughable.

The original intent of the stagger in Hood 1.0 and also in the updated Hood 2.0 is you get one heal per stagger effect. When the stagger triggers, you get the heal. The heal on expiration is the consolation prize if there's nothing to stagger. But heal on refresh is tantamount to heal on every crit regardless of stagger mechanics, and anyone who thinks about the game in anything more than a casual passing way should at least be suspicious of such a thing.

Overall, the responsibility is Kabam's, because they have to account for the average player. But that doesn't mean everyone is free to claim complete ignorance in conversation, unless they want to state for the record they are oblivious.
    Totally agree. The heal on every refresh was OP. That would pretty much make you always be at 100% health unless there is a heal block or a heal reversal node.
    edited March 2021
    Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

His regen was a bonus and not a core mechanic. You could for example place a stagger, back off, wait for it to expire, place on again. Do it 10 times and you gained 10% health. You don't generally use that stagger for regen though. If you are bringing Hood, it is for buff control.
    I understand but its very stupid, the old hood has 7.5 stagger duration, for regen you need at least 1 critical hit to place a stagger than wait 7.5 seconds without touching the opponent, but its very risky and the regen doesnt not worth this effort. If i need to do that at least 10 times, with 7.5 seconds it will take 75 seconds for 10% health, with new hood = 50 seconds, very very impractical if you focus on regeneration

for people like me who play with suicide, his post-fix regen is no longer compatible with suicide
    Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

I understand but its very stupid, the old hood has 7.5 stagger duration, for regen you need at least 1 critical hit to place a stagger than wait 7.5 seconds without touching the opponent, but its very risky and the regen doesnt not worth this effort. If i need to do that at least 10 times, with 7.5 seconds it will take 75 seconds for 10% health, with new hood = 50 seconds, very very impractical if you focus on regeneration

for people like me who play with suicide, his post-fix regen is no longer compatible with suicide
    The regen is not part of his core gameplay, only a emergency ability. Like warlocks heal, its pretty bad but its there. If you think about it Hood pre-buff was actually good with suicides. You only needed to fire one sp2 to control all the buffs. You could just refresh the fate seal and not fire another special again. Something to think about.
    edited March 2021
    Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

The regen is not part of his core gameplay, only a emergency ability. Like warlocks heal, its pretty bad but its there. If you think about it Hood pre-buff was actually good with suicides. You only needed to fire one sp2 to control all the buffs. You could just refresh the fate seal and not fire another special again. Something to think about.
    Right now, after regen fix. Why such a bonus that will work 1 time per fight otherwise you will have to play very passively to regen. The New Hood regen was very good on every crit hit for suicides players before they fix it. I could even compensate the recoil mastery :DDDDD

Fateseal its a good thing but dam... that regen.... bring the regen back

• Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

DNA3000 said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Qfury said:

Too many pages to go through and too much bickering to read through. Can someone catch me up on what's happening please. Seen someone say they took away his regen?.

TL;DR: Everyone is ticked because hood got nerfed in the place where people used him for, Kabam have done a piss-poor job at replying to the backlash and then we had a bunch of bickering amongst us.
    There's also the people who ranked him post-berf because they thought some bugs were part of his new kit.

I feel no sympathy for those people to be honest. The regen looked broken as soon as I saw it. When you see a champion doing something not matching with the text and still take him up, you don't rank up the champ.

And to be fair, "ends" is quite a subjective term. Has it ended when it's replaced or when it ends without being replaced? Technically when something has been replaced, the original has "ended", but in terms of the game kabam have decided that that doesn't qualify. Anyone who didnt play Hood before his buff may not have known this was the way it always functioned, and as such would not know that it was bugged.

I feel for those people. Anyone who played hood before should really have known it was bugged.
    If something looks broken as hell, you don't touch it. Similar to the side event some months back. As soon as you realize something is wrong, stop doing it. I admit Kabam's champion descriptions are very ambiguous, but the regen was too Op. It was 1% health every combo if at least one of your combo crits, tell me that is not broken.
    If the description said ends without replacement, I’d 100% agree. But just because something “looks broken” I don’t think that’s enough. It’s a very subjective term.

Hoods regen matched his description of ending, it’s on kabam to communicate a bug which should have been obvious through testing, or update the description so it’s less vague.

It’s not on people to realise that kabam messed up when it’s something that isn’t as obviously broken. Plenty of champions regen, some more than Hood. Why is Hoods broken at once a combo? But Ghost rider can regen every hit for a period of time, or Morningstar can regen 20% of hits, or once a combo, or blade on demand when blocking.

I agree that in this case, we shouldn't expect the average player to understand that change was bonkers. I *do* expect veteran players to know better, and I *especially* expect players willing to speak on the subject of what's balanced or appropriate to know better. Most players just want to play the game, and I don't expect those players to appreciate the nuances of the game. I feel for those players who ranked up what they thought was a bonanza champ.

But there are players out there, who I won't single out, not all of them here on the forums, who seem to have very strong opinions on game design, but also want to claim they had no idea the regen was broken. That's laughable.

The original intent of the stagger in Hood 1.0 and also in the updated Hood 2.0 is you get one heal per stagger effect. When the stagger triggers, you get the heal. The heal on expiration is the consolation prize if there's nothing to stagger. But heal on refresh is tantamount to heal on every crit regardless of stagger mechanics, and anyone who thinks about the game in anything more than a casual passing way should at least be suspicious of such a thing.

Overall, the responsibility is Kabam's, because they have to account for the average player. But that doesn't mean everyone is free to claim complete ignorance in conversation, unless they want to state for the record they are oblivious.
    Honestly it's very very easy.

"I never played hood before"
    "He has good regen"
    "I like Hood now"
    "People liked old Hood? No way! I like new Hood. Old hood bad. Regen good."
    "Regen bug? No way! I like! No! Not bug, feature"

That's what's going on not some deep thought process
    What about those who wanted the fate seal and regen back with the new hood?
    Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Right now, after regen fix. Why such a bonus that will work 1 time per fight otherwise you will have to play very passively to regen. The New Hood regen was very good on every crit hit for suicides players before they fix it. I could even compensate the recoil mastery :DDDDD

The regen was too OP. I don't know how you are not getting this. There was no balance with the regen. It was simply healing for doing basic combo. You realize that Kabam modified Kingpin and DDHK regen to 40% just because of will power heal. You thought they would leave this kind of regen in a champion?
    Guys, what do you think? will they give him back the regen, will they come up with something about the regen?
    edited March 2021
    Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

The regen was too OP. I don't know how you are not getting this. There was no balance with the regen. It was simply healing for doing basic combo. You realize that Kabam modified Kingpin and DDHK regen to 40% just because of will power heal. You thought they would leave this kind of regen in a champion?
    They could cut the regen by half or change the mechanic .

this only proves once again that kabam does not test the buffs/characters before the update
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

this only proves once again that kabam does not test the buffs/characters before the update
    You said it yourself, you were able to heal more than suicides (including recoil damage) was taking away.
    Sounds pretty OP to me.

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

You said it yourself, you were able to heal more than suicides (including recoil damage) was taking away.
    Sounds pretty OP to me.
    Also i said they could cut the regen by a half for balance, this only proves once again that kabam does not tested hood before update, it was not so difficult to notice that the character regains some health from each crit hit if you are not even a professional tester

• Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Let me just say as starter of that rdt thread, I was premature and wrong. Pretty much like my kid who refuses to eat something then is like "wow, this is good" when actually tries it.

I took him in lvl 8 incursion and then 6.2.3 icarus. He was a 1man wrecking crew in both.

• WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★

WRIR said:

DNA3000 said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Qfury said:

Honestly it's very very easy.

"I never played hood before"
    "He has good regen"
    "I like Hood now"
    "People liked old Hood? No way! I like new Hood. Old hood bad. Regen good."
    "Regen bug? No way! I like! No! Not bug, feature"

That's what's going on not some deep thought process
    What about those who wanted the fate seal and regen back with the new hood?
    While I admire their courage, I would say that it is sadly too ideal to be true. Its like a dream where you get to get all the things you wanted in life and think dammit this can't be real.
    I only played it with the regen now I'm reading they took it back? Lmao, you guys are something else. Get your s*** together. We all just want to play the game without a bunch of suprise turds.
    So they took all the regen away or he has something still?
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    Ezra7676 said:

He still has regen it just doesn’t proc unless a buff is staggered or a stagger expires. The bug was that the regen was occurring when you refreshed the stager with a critical hit.
  • Logan00Logan00 Posts: 564 ★★★
    Would you rank him up for abyss? I don't have Dr Doom

Ezra7676 said:

He still has regen it just doesn’t proc unless a buff is staggered or a stagger expires. The bug was that the regen was occurring when you refreshed the stager with a critical hit.
    That's not that bad I guess. The 1st way is too op. I was finishing all fights at 100%. Even if I got roughed up.