**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Thank you again for your patience with this.
    Please see our most recent announcement: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/253570/reverting-hood-to-original-abilities#latest
    Thanks you, kabam!

Also I really hope you keep his shock dot somehow. His shock is probably easiest to keep in game, and with nodes like 'take no damage without shock' it makes him even more valuable imo
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Thank you Kabam for taking our feedback!
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    no way
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    Big props to kabam for listening to our concerns. Thank you!
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    :)

• AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
    Pulyaman said:

DNA3000 said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Qfury said:

Too many pages to go through and too much bickering to read through. Can someone catch me up on what's happening please. Seen someone say they took away his regen?.

TL;DR: Everyone is ticked because hood got nerfed in the place where people used him for, Kabam have done a piss-poor job at replying to the backlash and then we had a bunch of bickering amongst us.
    There's also the people who ranked him post-berf because they thought some bugs were part of his new kit.

Really just a clusterfunk all around.
    I feel no sympathy for those people to be honest. The regen looked broken as soon as I saw it. When you see a champion doing something not matching with the text and still take him up, you don't rank up the champ.
    Hood's abilities read "When the stagger ends".

And to be fair, "ends" is quite a subjective term. Has it ended when it's replaced or when it ends without being replaced? Technically when something has been replaced, the original has "ended", but in terms of the game kabam have decided that that doesn't qualify. Anyone who didnt play Hood before his buff may not have known this was the way it always functioned, and as such would not know that it was bugged.

I feel for those people. Anyone who played hood before should really have known it was bugged.
    If something looks broken as hell, you don't touch it. Similar to the side event some months back. As soon as you realize something is wrong, stop doing it. I admit Kabam's champion descriptions are very ambiguous, but the regen was too Op. It was 1% health every combo if at least one of your combo crits, tell me that is not broken.
    If the description said ends without replacement, I’d 100% agree. But just because something “looks broken” I don’t think that’s enough. It’s a very subjective term.

Hoods regen matched his description of ending, it’s on kabam to communicate a bug which should have been obvious through testing, or update the description so it’s less vague.

It’s not on people to realise that kabam messed up when it’s something that isn’t as obviously broken. Plenty of champions regen, some more than Hood. Why is Hoods broken at once a combo? But Ghost rider can regen every hit for a period of time, or Morningstar can regen 20% of hits, or once a combo, or blade on demand when blocking.

I agree that in this case, we shouldn't expect the average player to understand that change was bonkers. I *do* expect veteran players to know better, and I *especially* expect players willing to speak on the subject of what's balanced or appropriate to know better. Most players just want to play the game, and I don't expect those players to appreciate the nuances of the game. I feel for those players who ranked up what they thought was a bonanza champ.

But there are players out there, who I won't single out, not all of them here on the forums, who seem to have very strong opinions on game design, but also want to claim they had no idea the regen was broken. That's laughable.

The original intent of the stagger in Hood 1.0 and also in the updated Hood 2.0 is you get one heal per stagger effect. When the stagger triggers, you get the heal. The heal on expiration is the consolation prize if there's nothing to stagger. But heal on refresh is tantamount to heal on every crit regardless of stagger mechanics, and anyone who thinks about the game in anything more than a casual passing way should at least be suspicious of such a thing.

Overall, the responsibility is Kabam's, because they have to account for the average player. But that doesn't mean everyone is free to claim complete ignorance in conversation, unless they want to state for the record they are oblivious.
    Totally agree. The heal on every refresh was OP. That would pretty much make you always be at 100% health unless there is a heal block or a heal reversal node.
    Right now, after regen fix. Why such a bonus that will work 1 time per fight otherwise you will have to play very passively to regen
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    What do you guys think about them reverting hoods buff? I do think the fate seal should’ve stayed, but I was also very surprised and really liked his new buff. Now that they reverted him, I guess I wont be able to play around with him. I’m really glad they are listening to the community, but I hope that they keep the bullet and invisibility concepts they added. Really liked those. What are your opinions?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021

Hope the don’t keep the concepts. Was an entirely different version of Hood that wasn’t needed. Wanted those mechanics? Make a Hood 2099.

All he needs is a damage increase and he’s fine

Stryfe Synergi can help bump Hoods damage a bit (think it's 50% more attack in Invisibility).
  • ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 287 ★★★
    He was starting to look better except the Removal of his Fate Seal of his Special 2.

For a "new" buff to The Hood:

1) Leave the Fate Seal
    2) Make bullets start with MINIMUM of 28 per fight. Reasoning: They go down way too fast and don't regen quick enough. Nevermind that if you had some built up to reload but you KO the opponent, you lost those bullets too.