**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Arch_Stanton19Arch_Stanton19 Posts: 30
    How about you get a one time choice on keeping og Hood or going with new Hood (effectivly making 2 champs). Personally I prefer the old style invisibility mechanics.
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    Agresssor said:

So now all those peoples will be able to use theirs " fateseal's + aar " 24/24 every single day againts medusa's and hyperions with +500k health pool

yes. this.
    and let them have fun when they try to refresh that fate seal and get hit by miss or parry dilemma.
    what a reliable invisibility that was.
    hope yall are happy.

man i want to make a lot of memes about this rn.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Or maybe, if he couldn't place a stagger from crit hits if the opponent has already a stagger ( for ex: omega red heavy attack degen ) but in this case your staggers will be less effective if you need to wait 5 sec to place a new stagger

His regen was a bonus and not a core mechanic. You could for example place a stagger, back off, wait for it to expire, place on again. Do it 10 times and you gained 10% health. You don't generally use that stagger for regen though. If you are bringing Hood, it is for buff control.
    I understand but its very stupid, the old hood has 7.5 stagger duration, for regen you need at least 1 critical hit to place a stagger than wait 7.5 seconds without touching the opponent, but its very risky and the regen doesnt not worth this effort. If i need to do that at least 10 times, with 7.5 seconds it will take 75 seconds for 10% health, with new hood = 50 seconds, very very impractical if you focus on regeneration

for people like me who play with suicide, his post-fix regen is no longer compatible with suicide
    The regen is not part of his core gameplay, only a emergency ability. Like warlocks heal, its pretty bad but its there. If you think about it Hood pre-buff was actually good with suicides. You only needed to fire one sp2 to control all the buffs. You could just refresh the fate seal and not fire another special again. Something to think about.
    Right now, after regen fix. Why such a bonus that will work 1 time per fight otherwise you will have to play very passively to regen. The New Hood regen was very good on every crit hit for suicides players before they fix it. I could even compensate the recoil mastery :DDDDD

Fateseal its a good thing but dam... that regen.... bring the regen back

The regen was too OP. I don't know how you are not getting this. There was no balance with the regen. It was simply healing for doing basic combo. You realize that Kabam modified Kingpin and DDHK regen to 40% just because of will power heal. You thought they would leave this kind of regen in a champion?
    They could cut the regen by half or change the mechanic
    They did change the mechanic. You can only heal if the stagger expires. I don't think the old regen is coming back.
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★

Agresssor said:

So now all those peoples will be able to use theirs " fateseal's + aar " 24/24 every single day

They're going to rebuff him with his utility, why are you upset? You're still going to get back the damage, just with the supreme buff control he was famous for. Hood was never supposed to be a lane clearer, he was always meant to deal with some tough opponents. Hopefully the upcoming buff will still include that while giving him damage as well, something the new one didn't have.
    Yes, he was always meant to deal with some tough opponents once per year. I don't know what the guys will do with theirs fateseals now against some opponents with 500k hp in 7.1 / 7.2 + content. Fateseal was very situational againts the damage where you need in 90% of the time
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Or maybe, if he couldn't place a stagger from crit hits if the opponent has already a stagger ( for ex: omega red heavy attack degen ) but in this case your staggers will be less effective if you need to wait 5 sec to place a new stagger

His regen was a bonus and not a core mechanic. You could for example place a stagger, back off, wait for it to expire, place on again. Do it 10 times and you gained 10% health. You don't generally use that stagger for regen though. If you are bringing Hood, it is for buff control.
    I understand but its very stupid, the old hood has 7.5 stagger duration, for regen you need at least 1 critical hit to place a stagger than wait 7.5 seconds without touching the opponent, but its very risky and the regen doesnt not worth this effort. If i need to do that at least 10 times, with 7.5 seconds it will take 75 seconds for 10% health, with new hood = 50 seconds, very very impractical if you focus on regeneration

for people like me who play with suicide, his post-fix regen is no longer compatible with suicide
    The regen is not part of his core gameplay, only a emergency ability. Like warlocks heal, its pretty bad but its there. If you think about it Hood pre-buff was actually good with suicides. You only needed to fire one sp2 to control all the buffs. You could just refresh the fate seal and not fire another special again. Something to think about.
    Right now, after regen fix. Why such a bonus that will work 1 time per fight otherwise you will have to play very passively to regen. The New Hood regen was very good on every crit hit for suicides players before they fix it. I could even compensate the recoil mastery :DDDDD

The regen was too OP. I don't know how you are not getting this. There was no balance with the regen. It was simply healing for doing basic combo. You realize that Kabam modified Kingpin and DDHK regen to 40% just because of will power heal. You thought they would leave this kind of regen in a champion?
    They could cut the regen by half or change the mechanic .

this only proves once again that kabam does not test the buffs/characters before the update
    I have no idea regarding the testing of characters. But they changed the mechanic to the old one. I don't think the regen is coming back.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

They could cut the regen by half or change the mechanic .

this only proves once again that kabam does not test the buffs/characters before the update
    You said it yourself, you were able to heal more than suicides (including recoil damage) was taking away.
    Sounds pretty OP to me.
    You have to really understand the game and all its nuances to know if that kind of rule works. cf: Angela. I'll bet 99% of the player population is unaware of Angela's ability's interaction with suicides. I actually forgot about it until the Angela update reminded me.
    Tbf I completely forgot about that until you mentioned it, even so I don’t think Angela’s regen is quite as strong as Hood getting however much HP it was back on every crit.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/253570/reverting-hood-to-original-abilities#latest

Big News!
    They took the Feedback and will be Reverting the Buff on Hood, at a later undefined date his Buff will be Reintroduced with the Unnecessarily Removed Pieces of Kit on his Base such as the Fate Seal. There will also be RDTs sent out for the people who Ranked Him Up during his Buff

They also mentioned the Bugs like his Bullets not Reloading and the Crazy Regen will be fixed before his Buff's Rerelease so it doesn't cause any unforseen effects.
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
    what are we going to do now? here some people liked the old one and I liked the new one