**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    Even though I’m not happy with this. Kabam had 3 choices here, 1 add the fate seal and update the regen to satisfy both sides. Possibly creating a bit to powerful of a champ. 2 revert him. Or 3, just add fate seal to his kit. Kabam had no win or lose situation here.
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

the common point of all guys here is fate seal right. so why in the hell kabam just couldnt put a fate seal to the hood, and keep both sides happy?

The common point of all us guys actually has nothing to do with Hood. It has to do with this:

Further, we want to take a moment to assure you that moving forward, we do not want to make changes this significant to a Champions kit in a Moderate or Value Only update in the future. While it may happen rarely, we want to save those kinds of changes for Overhauls, where a Champion receives a brand new Kit. We know that Summoners are excited about Buffs, and that’s the way it should be. We are going to work to ensure we keep it that way, and that any time we announce a Buff, you will be excited about it.

That's the most important thing to come out of this discussion, it was what I was personally aiming for the entire time, and it is the best possible outcome for the players and the long term future of the game.

no. kabam is the most populist company ive ever seen, if the community says blindly "nerf this" they're nerfing it without question because a lot of crying babies cant even parry and use light attacks 3 times to finish a content, or incapable of reading a champions abilities.

thats why they made act 7 way more cheese and no challenge means no fun.

i am personally being disgusted by this.

This diverges so wildly from reality It isn't even wrong. Kabam sticks to their guns 95% of the time, as they should to be honest. But sometimes they make an error that goes far beyond a difference in judgment and enters the territory of being objectively harmful. In those cases, they should look at the objective and reasonable complaints of the playerbase and give them the attention their validity is due.

The game should try to accommodate as many players as it can, when it can. Sometimes that is not possible and the game needs to make hard choices. But the Hood buff was not one of them. There were, and are ways to accommodate the existing users of Hood while improving Hood for the players who don't find value with him. So the devs should do that. I'm not as sure it can accommodate players who sees these objections in the way you do, and enough other people to keep the game going. I think they are making the right choice there.

im making an anger expression and you literally making a scientific statement. go ahead looks like you have a lot of time to do it. facepalm.

• JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Thanks a lot. I loved the new Hood and now he’s gone.

This is why this discussion was so important. Do you think its better if you don't lose the champ you loved, but a lot of other players do? Is that okay with you? I would hope not. Hopefully, the devs are more cautious in the future so no one, or at least far fewer players, will be confronted with the situation you're experiencing now. And hopefully when Hood comes back he'll still have enough of the new kit to be worth your time.

I'm assuming of course what you liked was the enhanced Hex damage and other additional mechanics. If you're complaining about Kabam taking the broken heal away, you're not getting that back and this thread had nothing to do with that going away in the first place.
    Of course I’d prefer the Hood that I prefer. I never found him useful before anyway as I had much better champs for dealing with buffs.
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★

Agresssor said:

Agresssor said:

So now all those peoples will be able to use theirs " fateseal's + aar " 24/24 every single day

They're going to rebuff him with his utility, why are you upset? You're still going to get back the damage, just with the supreme buff control he was famous for. Hood was never supposed to be a lane clearer, he was always meant to deal with some tough opponents. Hopefully the upcoming buff will still include that while giving him damage as well, something the new one didn't have.
    Yes, he was always meant to deal with some tough opponents once per year. I don't know what the guys will do with theirs fateseals now against some opponents with 500k hp in 7.1 / 7.2 + content. Fateseal was very situational againts the damage where you need in 90% of the time
    @Agresssor where r u in content?
    nice he ignored this
    Act 7.1 100% + abyss only 1 path
    Greekhit said:

Agresssor said:

to be honest i dont know how we can trade fun new mechanic with some heavy +200k burst damage over fateseal

If you had ever done a fight like 6.2 Champion you would have knew that it wasn’t even a trade to discuss.
    And to be honest, the community reaction wasn’t only for Hood, but for the new precedent this buff was setting.
    No one liked the idea of changing a core utility of a useful champ.
    I’m pretty glad Kabam realised how harmful long term, or even short term, this type of buffs would be for the game, and did the right thing.
    Don’t worry, Hood will get the buff he and the community needs 😉
    I used hem againts 6.2 champions even before the change and thats it, but after the update i played hem much more in the 24-48 hours than before buff
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    I’m kinda happy I’ll get RDTs for hood so I can r4 dragon man and I’ll even be able to bring him to r5 this month.
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
    Why they reverted, they should just bring back the fateseal to a new version, ehh sadness.
    I think that it makes no sense to argue about anything here right now. Old version team, You won

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Pulyaman said:

Agresssor said:

Or maybe, if he couldn't place a stagger from crit hits if the opponent has already a stagger ( for ex: omega red heavy attack degen ) but in this case your staggers will be less effective if you need to wait 5 sec to place a new stagger

His regen was a bonus and not a core mechanic. You could for example place a stagger, back off, wait for it to expire, place on again. Do it 10 times and you gained 10% health. You don't generally use that stagger for regen though. If you are bringing Hood, it is for buff control.
    I understand but its very stupid, the old hood has 7.5 stagger duration, for regen you need at least 1 critical hit to place a stagger than wait 7.5 seconds without touching the opponent, but its very risky and the regen doesnt not worth this effort. If i need to do that at least 10 times, with 7.5 seconds it will take 75 seconds for 10% health, with new hood = 50 seconds, very very impractical if you focus on regeneration

for people like me who play with suicide, his post-fix regen is no longer compatible with suicide
    The regen is not part of his core gameplay, only a emergency ability. Like warlocks heal, its pretty bad but its there. If you think about it Hood pre-buff was actually good with suicides. You only needed to fire one sp2 to control all the buffs. You could just refresh the fate seal and not fire another special again. Something to think about.
    Right now, after regen fix. Why such a bonus that will work 1 time per fight otherwise you will have to play very passively to regen. The New Hood regen was very good on every crit hit for suicides players before they fix it. I could even compensate the recoil mastery :DDDDD

Fateseal its a good thing but dam... that regen.... bring the regen back

The regen was too OP. I don't know how you are not getting this. There was no balance with the regen. It was simply healing for doing basic combo. You realize that Kabam modified Kingpin and DDHK regen to 40% just because of will power heal. You thought they would leave this kind of regen in a champion?
    They could cut the regen by half or change the mechanic .

this only proves once again that kabam does not test the buffs/characters before the update
    You said it yourself, you were able to heal more than suicides (including recoil damage) was taking away.
    Sounds pretty OP to me.
    You have to really understand the game and all its nuances to know if that kind of rule works. cf: Angela. I'll bet 99% of the player population is unaware of Angela's ability's interaction with suicides. I actually forgot about it until the Angela update reminded me.
    Tbf I completely forgot about that until you mentioned it, even so I don’t think Angela’s regen is quite as strong as Hood getting however much HP it was back on every crit.
    I was replying to the statement that if a champion has mechanics that allow them to heal back way more than suicides remove players should know that is OP. There are cases where that's not true, or at least the developers don't think it is true. Angela was just the obvious example of such.

Agresssor said:

So now all those peoples will be able to use theirs " fateseal's + aar " 24/24 every single day againts medusa's and hyperions with +500k health pool

yes. this.
    and let them have fun when they try to refresh that fate seal and get hit by miss or parry dilemma.
    what a reliable invisibility that was.
    hope yall are happy.

man i want to make a lot of memes about this rn.
    You really don't have any other damage dealers, huh? Literally the only Champ that can rival Hood in regards to Buff management is Symbiote Supreme. With a damage boost he'll possibly even reach Supreme's level.
    so far i didnt want to play this game but if you gonna ask me that im gonna ask you:

You really dont have any other NULLIFIERS HA??!

there i said it.
    Oh yeah, plenty of Nullifiers.
    How many of them remove pre-existing Buffs? Hood was/is on the level of Champs like Claire and Sym Sup with respect to Buff Nullification, something those Champs are renowned for. The only thing stopping him is his damage, which will definitely be fixed in the Buff.

You really thought you had a point there, didn't you?
    omg i wanna break the s**t out of the community forum rules rn.

PRE EXISTING BUFFS.

hmm thats what mystic class usually do. idk if you aware of that. go check auntm.ai. in fact let me help you i opened it rn and reading some champs one by one

doom, claire, ss, longshot, ms, loki, mojo, sorcerer, scarlet, dormammu, voodoo..

lol shame on me that i wasted my time here arguing with you.
    not saying fate seal is a bad ability, you could just implement that to hoods current (about to be nerfed again) position.

and literally shocked that some guys here are thinking only nullifier is hood and sym supreme.
    bruh...
    you gotta long way to go.
  • not saying fate seal is a bad ability, you could just implement that to hoods current (about to be nerfed again) position.

and literally shocked that some guys here are thinking only nullifier is hood and sym supreme.
    bruh...
    you gotta long way to go.

BuffBeast said:

Seems like some people can’t read. They literally said in the message that they’ll revert him and then rebuff him at a later time (WITH the fate seal) so, what’s the problem? You’re gonna get the damage back

edited March 2021
    DNA3000 said:

Agresssor said:

So now all those peoples will be able to use theirs " fateseal's + aar " 24/24 every single day againts medusa's and hyperions with +500k health pool

yes. this.
    and let them have fun when they try to refresh that fate seal and get hit by miss or parry dilemma.
    what a reliable invisibility that was.
    hope yall are happy.

man i want to make a lot of memes about this rn.
    You really don't have any other damage dealers, huh? Literally the only Champ that can rival Hood in regards to Buff management is Symbiote Supreme. With a damage boost he'll possibly even reach Supreme's level.
    so far i didnt want to play this game but if you gonna ask me that im gonna ask you:

You really dont have any other NULLIFIERS HA??!

there i said it.
    Oh yeah, plenty of Nullifiers.
    How many of them remove pre-existing Buffs? Hood was/is on the level of Champs like Claire and Sym Sup with respect to Buff Nullification, something those Champs are renowned for. The only thing stopping him is his damage, which will definitely be fixed in the Buff.

You really thought you had a point there, didn't you?
    omg i wanna break the s**t out of the community forum rules rn.

PRE EXISTING BUFFS.

hmm thats what mystic class usually do. idk if you aware of that. go check auntm.ai. in fact let me help you i opened it rn and reading some champs one by one

doom, claire, ss, longshot, ms, loki, mojo, sorcerer, scarlet, dormammu, voodoo..

lol shame on me that i wasted my time here arguing with you.
    If you're trying to win a trivia contest, fair enough. But if you're trying to argue there are lots of champions that could control buffs on any level remotely comparable to what Hood originally could do, and you want to put Dormammu on that list, I'm sorry but that's a credibility-destroying assertion. Dormammu can only nullify with SP1, and can only nullify one buff at a time. That nullify is less of a buff control capability, and more of a way to feed his degen damage. Anyone who played Dormammu should know this. Scarlet Witch is a more viable buff control champion, but still not on the level of the strong buff control champions and not the equal of original Hood. And *also* most players don't have SW as 5* or higher because she was only recently added to the 5* pool and doesn't exist yet in the 6* pool. So SW at a rarity suitable for higher tier content play is far rarer than Hood.

The strongest buff control champs, like Symbiote Supreme and original Hood, can both apply stagger to ensure that most buffs never even apply, and the few that escape stagger can be nullified off. Loki can't do that, Morningstar can't do that, not even Mojo can really do that, particularly in the presence of buffs with no duration.
    for the sake of the argument you should at least check the champions abilities even if you dont know it before,
    clearly all you can do is writing some long paragraphs to make pressure and get away with that. lol no, you just hit the hard rock buddy. i really thought you were a guy who knows some stuff.

this wasnt a pissing contest. the guy asked me who can nullify so i answered him, not gonna measure dongs around with you because clearly you dont even know dormammu can nullify all the buffs with sp 1 as long as he's imbued