**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★

DNA3000 said:

Agresssor said:

So now all those peoples will be able to use theirs " fateseal's + aar " 24/24 every single day againts medusa's and hyperions with +500k health pool

yes. this.
    and let them have fun when they try to refresh that fate seal and get hit by miss or parry dilemma.
    what a reliable invisibility that was.
    hope yall are happy.

man i want to make a lot of memes about this rn.
    You really don't have any other damage dealers, huh? Literally the only Champ that can rival Hood in regards to Buff management is Symbiote Supreme. With a damage boost he'll possibly even reach Supreme's level.
    so far i didnt want to play this game but if you gonna ask me that im gonna ask you:

You really dont have any other NULLIFIERS HA??!

there i said it.
    Oh yeah, plenty of Nullifiers.
    How many of them remove pre-existing Buffs? Hood was/is on the level of Champs like Claire and Sym Sup with respect to Buff Nullification, something those Champs are renowned for. The only thing stopping him is his damage, which will definitely be fixed in the Buff.

You really thought you had a point there, didn't you?
    omg i wanna break the s**t out of the community forum rules rn.

PRE EXISTING BUFFS.

hmm thats what mystic class usually do. idk if you aware of that. go check auntm.ai. in fact let me help you i opened it rn and reading some champs one by one

doom, claire, ss, longshot, ms, loki, mojo, sorcerer, scarlet, dormammu, voodoo..

lol shame on me that i wasted my time here arguing with you.
    If you're trying to win a trivia contest, fair enough. But if you're trying to argue there are lots of champions that could control buffs on any level remotely comparable to what Hood originally could do, and you want to put Dormammu on that list, I'm sorry but that's a credibility-destroying assertion. Dormammu can only nullify with SP1, and can only nullify one buff at a time. That nullify is less of a buff control capability, and more of a way to feed his degen damage. Anyone who played Dormammu should know this. Scarlet Witch is a more viable buff control champion, but still not on the level of the strong buff control champions and not the equal of original Hood. And *also* most players don't have SW as 5* or higher because she was only recently added to the 5* pool and doesn't exist yet in the 6* pool. So SW at a rarity suitable for higher tier content play is far rarer than Hood.

The strongest buff control champs, like Symbiote Supreme and original Hood, can both apply stagger to ensure that most buffs never even apply, and the few that escape stagger can be nullified off. Loki can't do that, Morningstar can't do that, not even Mojo can really do that, particularly in the presence of buffs with no duration.
    i really thought you were a guy who knows some stuff.

this wasnt a pissing contest. the guy asked me who can nullify so i answered him, not gonna measure dongs around with you because clearly you dont even know dormammu can nullify all the buffs with sp 1 as long as he's imbued.
    Except sp1 nullify WHILE IMBUED means its situational, as in, not as reliable as Hood, which is what DNA 3000 is saying.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★

not saying fate seal is a bad ability, you could just implement that to hoods current (about to be nerfed again) position.

and literally shocked that some guys here are thinking only nullifier is hood and sym supreme.
    bruh...
    you gotta long way to go.

Yes hood and sym arent the only nullifiers but reliably they are as this new mystic node for example if not buff heavy u need a nullify that u dont need to stun and hit as unstoppable in mystic gives them stun immune but with sym and hood they can remove that as sym is by going into his first phase again which removes all buffs or if duped he applies stagger x seconds so very reliable to prevent the unstoppable node in mystic quest and second is hoods hex fate seal which if connects pretty much removes the buff and other buffs yes others work but u might get retaliated.
  • Peteyaces_72Peteyaces_72 Posts: 29
    Honestly I’m disappointed that they are reverting Hood back. I quite liked him and his new changes. I found myself actually using him. And just for reference, I’m not some new player. I’m 100% all content except Abyss, 12k prestige.

It frustrates me that the community screams saying old champs need buffs and reworks and then when it happens people flip out. Just be happy that they are updating old champs. A lot of games I’ve played often gave no love to old characters
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    came here to see some quality arguments but all i can see is nothing but ignorance, stubbornnes and arrogance.
    WRIR said:

DNA3000 said:

Agresssor said:

So now all those peoples will be able to use theirs " fateseal's + aar " 24/24 every single day againts medusa's and hyperions with +500k health pool

yes. this.
    and let them have fun when they try to refresh that fate seal and get hit by miss or parry dilemma.
    hope yall are happy.

You really don't have any other damage dealers, huh? Literally the only Champ that can rival Hood in regards to Buff management is Symbiote Supreme. With a damage boost he'll possibly even reach Supreme's level.
    so far i didnt want to play this game but if you gonna ask me that im gonna ask you:

there i said it.
    How many of them remove pre-existing Buffs? Hood was/is on the level of Champs like Claire and Sym Sup with respect to Buff Nullification, something those Champs are renowned for. The only thing stopping him is his damage, which will definitely be fixed in the Buff.

PRE EXISTING BUFFS.

hmm thats what mystic class usually do. idk if you aware of that. go check auntm.ai. in fact let me help you i opened it rn and reading some champs one by one

doom, claire, ss, longshot, ms, loki, mojo, sorcerer, scarlet, dormammu, voodoo..

If you're trying to win a trivia contest, fair enough. But if you're trying to argue there are lots of champions that could control buffs on any level remotely comparable to what Hood originally could do, and you want to put Dormammu on that list, I'm sorry but that's a credibility-destroying assertion. Dormammu can only nullify with SP1, and can only nullify one buff at a time. That nullify is less of a buff control capability, and more of a way to feed his degen damage. Anyone who played Dormammu should know this. Scarlet Witch is a more viable buff control champion, but still not on the level of the strong buff control champions and not the equal of original Hood. And *also* most players don't have SW as 5* or higher because she was only recently added to the 5* pool and doesn't exist yet in the 6* pool. So SW at a rarity suitable for higher tier content play is far rarer than Hood.

The strongest buff control champs, like Symbiote Supreme and original Hood, can both apply stagger to ensure that most buffs never even apply, and the few that escape stagger can be nullified off. Loki can't do that, Morningstar can't do that, not even Mojo can really do that, particularly in the presence of buffs with no duration.

this wasnt a pissing contest. the guy asked me who can nullify so i answered him, not gonna measure dongs around with you because clearly you dont even know dormammu can nullify all the buffs with sp 1 as long as he's imbued.
    Except sp1 nullify WHILE IMBUED means its situational, as in, not as reliable as Hood, which is what DNA 3000 is saying.
    while imbued yea so? "situational" so what?
    imbued for dormammu is like phase for ghost.
    if youre not using dormammu other than arenas dont waste my time here.
    Grim7787 said:

Agresssor said:

yes. this.
    hope yall are happy.

there i said it.

PRE EXISTING BUFFS.

You're consistently missing the point here...

Yes, there are other mystics that nullify. Yes a few of them are those "God Tier" champs. However, there are those like myself who specifically ranked Hood with this ability because he completed a package. I run the full Ghost/Hood/Wasp squad at R3 for AW, and most other content for that matter. Hood being able to cover every aspect of buff control allowed him to be viable enough to be more than just a tagalong. You didn't need to break apart the team for a missing piece of utility that never should have been removed in the first place. He lacked dmg, so I was willing to burn the resources to R3 to help mitigate that.

The "Buff" forced you to have to break apart a pretty much flawless complete package for no reason. Also, basically go against what Kabam would constantly try to promote, which was the use of some of those niche champs that weren't used by many. It was gonna force those like myself to fall right back in line with the mainstream and use one of the "God Tier" champs instead. A bit backwards from their usual "goal".

Yes, I am the "Few", but my "Few" at it's core was fine, and just needed a tune up. Not a completely different addition that took away the core.
    bud im not against the fate seal thing. i repeatedly said that they could just implement to its current position. i respect your rank up choice and defending the rdt from far beginning.

nvm whats done is done. no need to argue about this anymore. i hope they'll make something handy.

DNA3000 said:

Agresssor said:

yes. this.
    hope yall are happy.

there i said it.

PRE EXISTING BUFFS.

for the sake of the argument you should at least check the champions abilities even if you dont know it before,
    clearly all you can do is writing some long paragraphs to make pressure and get away with that. lol no, you just hit the hard rock buddy. i really thought you were a guy who knows some stuff.

this wasnt a pissing contest. the guy asked me who can nullify so i answered him, not gonna measure dongs around with you because clearly you dont even know dormammu can nullify all the buffs with sp 1 as long as he's imbued
    So you gonna wait till getting imbued so you can nullify all buffs per rotation lol sure that is same as hood
    yes if you have to nullify all the buffs you gotta wait. but that was the point already, he can nullify mass of buffs unlike dna guy says "No ItS oNlY oNe BuFf". dont waste my time with stupid questions here.

came here to see some quality arguments but all i can see is nothing but ignorance, stubbornnes and arrogance.

And what about everyone else?

No need to be rude. Everyone else here is arguing their points respectfully
    as long as its respectful you'll see respect from me. like this one.

not like dna guy, hes trying to insult me with 2 meters of paragraphs something he doesnt even know.
    not gonna buy that.

yes my man if i offended you or some other respectful people i am sorry. no worries about that.
  • Grim7787Grim7787 Posts: 73

Grim7787 said:

Agresssor said:

yes. this.
    hope yall are happy.

there i said it.

PRE EXISTING BUFFS.

Yes, there are other mystics that nullify. Yes a few of them are those "God Tier" champs. However, there are those like myself who specifically ranked Hood with this ability because he completed a package. I run the full Ghost/Hood/Wasp squad at R3 for AW, and most other content for that matter. Hood being able to cover every aspect of buff control allowed him to be viable enough to be more than just a tagalong. You didn't need to break apart the team for a missing piece of utility that never should have been removed in the first place. He lacked dmg, so I was willing to burn the resources to R3 to help mitigate that.

The "Buff" forced you to have to break apart a pretty much flawless complete package for no reason. Also, basically go against what Kabam would constantly try to promote, which was the use of some of those niche champs that weren't used by many. It was gonna force those like myself to fall right back in line with the mainstream and use one of the "God Tier" champs instead. A bit backwards from their usual "goal".

Yes, I am the "Few", but my "Few" at it's core was fine, and just needed a tune up. Not a completely different addition that took away the core.
    bud im not against the fate seal thing. i repeatedly said that they could just implement to its current position. i respect your rank up choice and defending the rdt from far beginning.

nvm whats done is done. no need to argue about this anymore. i hope they'll make something handy.
    Understandable...

I'm just trying to align a focus point. Peeps keep going on about "there are other champs this..." or "this champ does it better...", when the point is, this specific champ did that, and did it well, so he was ranked. But, we wanna give him a whole new kit that no longer does what many ranked him for in the first place because we(Kabam) "think" it's better regardess without even checking with those who did use him in the first place.

I'm not here to discuss who else can do what. I'm here to discuss what Hood specifically did for me for a long time, vs how the changes would have pretty much negated that.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Agresssor said:

yes. this.
    hope yall are happy.

there i said it.

PRE EXISTING BUFFS.

As a matter of fact, I do know Dormammu can nullify more than one buff when imbued. But if you're going to use Dormammu as a buff control champ requiring him to be constantly imbued and never using anything besides SP1 places very strict limits on him that again, make him a suboptimal option for buff control.

I actually use all of these champs. At one time Loki was in fact my actual best buff control champ, so I know that he *can* do that, but also is nowhere in the same class as the champs with strong stagger and nullify/fate seal. I don't usually discuss champs unless I have them, use them, and rank them. Or in the case of Dormammu, have the good fortune to pull him multiple times as a 6*.
    again!
    lots of mystic champs can nullify pre existing BUFFS. that was the damn point from the beginning until you tried to enter with your dormammu thing.

its not about dormammu, or loki,
    its about what they actually can do,
    its not how they do.

ffs im not against fate seal, ive been saying they could just implement to this hood.

not like dna guy, hes trying to insult me with 2 meters of paragraphs something he doesnt even know.
    not gonna buy that.

yes my man if i offended you or some other respectful people i am sorry. no worries about that.
    DNA3000 has to be one of the most respected members of the forum, in years of being on here while I’ve played the game, I’ve never seen him say a bad word, only be informative and helpful.

so speak for yourself not for him thx.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

not gonna buy that.

DNA3000 has to be one of the most respected members of the forum, in years of being on here while I’ve played the game, I’ve never seen him say a bad word, only be informative and helpful.

so speak for yourself not for him thx.
    In case you missed it, I was speaking for myself. That was my opinion on the person you are calling ignorant, stubborn and arrogant.

Grim7787 said:

Grim7787 said:

Agresssor said:

yes. this.
    hope yall are happy.

there i said it.

PRE EXISTING BUFFS.

Understandable...

I'm just trying to align a focus point. Peeps keep going on about "there are other champs this..." or "this champ does it better...", when the point is, this specific champ did that, and did it well, so he was ranked. But, we wanna give him a whole new kit that no longer does what many ranked him for in the first place because we(Kabam) "think" it's better regardess without even checking with those who did use him in the first place.

I'm not here to discuss who else can do what. I'm here to discuss what Hood specifically did for me for a long time, vs how the changes would have pretty much negated that.
    yes i understand that.
    in fact if you just go up in some previous quotes you'll see that i've said

"..so far i didnt want to play this game but if you gonna ask me that im gonna ask you:.."

because "you dont have other option?" question is so irrelevant. thats why i didnt want to play that question game...

we are discussing here about one champion not other champions.

Agresssor said:

yes. this.
    hope yall are happy.

there i said it.

PRE EXISTING BUFFS.

None of them can maintain it indefinitely, that's something only Hood can do. I've gone entire matches without triggering any Buffs, all you need to do is Sp2-Parry-Heavy, and there's also some burst damage that comes with refreshing Hex. None of the abovementioned Champs except Claire can keep an opponent down for the entire fight, especially when you consider their playstyles and how it varies based on the Nodes. Combine that with his Awakened ability and he'll be stealing tons of Power and throwing Sp2s all day long. That's his secret, the Fate Seal and refreshing Debuffs. Don't comment on Champs you've clearly never used.

I'm just going to stop here because it's obvious from your rants and insults that you're a child (either literally or figuratively, or maybe both) and I don't want it on my conscience that I made a child upset.
    trust me i know how to discuss civilized, but you and your type are only understanding that language not the civil language.

although i doubt that you even know how hood works.
    you cant just parry with old hood, it can be miss or it can put you into some conflict.

"sp2 parry heavy" method is a fairy tale by some quick readers, not the actual players.
  • HdhjssvvHdhjssvv Posts: 55
    I used a generic 1-2 gem how will I get that back the buff was great no need to change that back ffs man