**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Side quest is so confusing

13»

Comments

• ron_theMLG19333ron_theMLG19333 Posts: 50
    same here guys im cav bought the casket wasted feather on tier 1 bc of the bug and lost the 9th casket rewards
    ::(
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 547 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Side events use to be smaller side event quest and now they are puzzles.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

Nuclekerr said:

Are we supposed to start at tier 2 when we buy casket 5 or do we have to buy 5 caskets?

I don’t see this in the game mail at all. Would be very useful.
    It may not help those encountering the bug.

Actually I did not expect by doing it correctly, Tier 1 to Tier 4 will be locked out. I was expecting to see all Tiers and I can then choose Tier 6.
  • Croth789Croth789 Posts: 3
    I got to claim the rewards twice, not knowing about the side event at the time. I can buy the 6th casket now but don't want to get in trouble or banned. What should I do?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

same here guys im cav bought the casket wasted feather on tier 1 bc of the bug and lost the 9th casket rewards

No, you did not. Don't panic, you didn't lose much.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/253521/psa-dont-panic-if-you-think-you-did-the-wrong-thing-in-side-quest-today
  • ron_theMLG19333ron_theMLG19333 Posts: 50
    DNA3000 said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/253521/psa-dont-panic-if-you-think-you-did-the-wrong-thing-in-side-quest-today
    wdym i wasted a feather so i cant get the 9th casket i mean the rewards are not much but the awakening gem is super useful
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    I'm just going to do my own taxes instead of the side quest. Seems easier.
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 719 ★★★
    Seems like I have start going back to school again to learn basics on how deal with Kabam and its bugs...

Alright my friends someone pls guide if iam wrong in any point after reading all these comments

1. Buy all tier 1 to 5 caskets mandatory
    2. Which unlocks side quest of tier 5 and 6.
    3. Now finish off Tier 6 side quest which unlocks casket of tier 6.
    4. Now iam left with just 23 (urus) if thats that what this biscuit or golden bar shaped thing called.
    5. I will hv to wait 2 days to purchase casket of tier6

Is it the process.. someone pls guide and help thanks in advance
  • Guys when will Kabam fix this Tier 1 bug?I haven't been able to play even once because I want to play Tier 6?(Yes I am Uncollected and have purchased all Caskets but in reverse order,is that affecting me?)
  • DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 396 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Actually, I think you are losing alot. Here's my logic, but please show me where I'm wrong.

There are a limited number of feathers to run tiers, so if tier 1 was run now that means it's one less feather to run tier 10 later. So in effect you're losing out on T5B and T5C. Seems like a big deal to me.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Sounds like a good month to do Act 6 and 7
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Kabam thinks that players who has few minutes to play the game will know everything about this super complicated event as they do - lol and they took a month to design this one.

Can you stop with this trend Kabam? Provide something simple, high rewars and less time consuming is all I ask.
  • TheJargonTheJargon Posts: 19
    Every event quest now feels like one of those jokes “We made an AI play 10,000 hours of MCOC event quests, and then asked it to design one”
  • Maxwell24Maxwell24 Posts: 411 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra Lots of people are angry what are you guys gonna do about it?
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    zuffy said:

The game mail should have stated this. I followed the forum announcement and it worked as described. Bad in game message :(

I did exactly that. Bought casket 1-5. I was still in tier 1 and wasted my feather
    zuffy said:

The game mail should have stated this. I followed the forum announcement and it worked as described. Bad in game message :(

I did exactly that. Bought casket 1-5. I was still in tier 1 and wasted my feather
    zuffy said:

zuffy said:

zuffy said:

zuffy said:

GOTG said:

Kabam thinks that players who has few minutes to play the game will know everything about this super complicated event as they do - lol and they took a month to design this one.

Can you stop with this trend Kabam? Provide something simple, high rewars and less time consuming is all I ask.

True,..so unnecessary. They fail to realize that people don’t want over complicated side events. They want to choose their difficulty and in and then out,..with all else that’s going on in the game who really needs that .
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Far as I’m concerned Kabam can take their feathers and stick them in their hat,..or elsewhere lol,..prolly won’t even do this side quest as it’s annoyed me right of the bat.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Actually, I think you are losing alot. Here's my logic, but please show me where I'm wrong.

There are a limited number of feathers to run tiers, so if tier 1 was run now that means it's one less feather to run tier 10 later. So in effect you're losing out on T5B and T5C. Seems like a big deal to me.
    I calculated out the exact impact of running Tier 1 first, one time, and then going back to the best possible sequence. The complete set of calculations is here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1693848/#Comment_1693848

Bottom line, you do one run of T1 (which you ordinarily wouldn't do) and one less run of T6. Then you do one more run of T8, but one less run of T9. Then you still do all seven runs of T10.

The T1/T6 exchange is trivial for UC players. The T8/T9 exchange is not trivial, but the impact is manageable. You still get all seven T10 runs, which is the big banana.

The short version of why this happens is Tier 9 gives you 11 Uru per run, which is a funny number that just happens to be one too few (99) to get the last Casket (100), so you have to do one more run which gives you way more than necessary. If you fall short earlier and have to make up one run, this always means you'll need one fewer run of T9 which will balance that out.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    K.I.S.S.

That is all.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I'm starting to think things are becoming a bit too cumbersome.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    I like waiting and letting y’all be the first to go in and discover the bugs so don’t I have to deal with the bugs.
  • Eyeballtat2Eyeballtat2 Posts: 27
    Enough with these over complicated side events, this one is extra annoying