**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Heavy connects on 1st hit but 2nd hit is resisted?!

This is a real issue now in war. It’s happened to me 3 times now. I have 2 of these instances on video. It’s happened to others in my alliance too. Mate was using Apocalypse today in war against Spider Gwen and the 1st hit of his heavy connected and she resisted his 2nd hit. Surely I don’t need to explain how this should be impossible as far as gameplay mechanics go.

If the 1st hit of my heavy was resisted I would accept it as it’s the ‘stand your ground’ mastery. Cool fair enough.

But a hit confirm on the 1st hit means the opponent is taking the full heavy. Should not be possible to resist/block the 2nd hit.

R3 She-Hulk vs Sasquatch. Hit confirm on 1st hit of her heavy and then he resists the 2nd hit.

R3 She-Hulk vs Void. Hit confirm on 1st hit of her heavy and then he resists the 2nd hit.

Waiting patiently for your response guys and gals.

Comments

• YitiokaYitioka Posts: 18
    This happened to me as well with my 6* Omega Red. but i still him them. Was pretty confused because i was only fighting RoL WS.
  • yonmoma_MSTyonmoma_MST Posts: 18
    I had this happen this past week when I was using CAIW. I was like WTF is happening
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    I have no idea if this could be the reason but masteries like SYG and OG Spidey are all relatively older additions in this game, maybe their abilities are not as properly tested or updated as they should be? Just a guess
  • LatveriaLatveria Posts: 17

no thats not how it works doom is like tht too he can resist mid way through a special a heavy any random time he wants

It is because of his Aura of Hazareth. Which makes him to resist Sp Attacks.
  • it's a mastery

its a mastry but once you actually get break through the persons block they cant resist it
  • MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
    Any mods want to acknowledge this issue?
  • CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 738 ★★★
    This must be the newest block for the AI, it works on Warlock’s sp2 as well
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Lol, idk what some of you commenting are talking about. If the first hit connects, all are supposed to connect. The AI shouldn't be able to block in the middle of a heavy.

Responding to the comment that got the most agrees.

I don't know how long you guys have been playing but SYG has always worked like this. The mastery description has also always been the same. As we all know kabam has always had problems wording things vs how they actually work. So there are 2 options: it's bugged or this is how it's supposed to work. Kabam Zibiit has commented on a thread discussing this so he knew it was happening at one point.

I looked up some sources since I saw people saying it's normal get disagrees.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/158016/soooooo-my-heavy-just-got-parried-in-aw

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/178325/heavy-attack-triggered-resist-mid-heavy
    Those 2 links have no resolution from any mod. Only @Kabam Zibiit stating they will look into it. Nothing beyond that.

The fact remains that it has to be a bug. IF THE 1st HIT OF A MULTI HIT HEAVY CONNECTS THE REST OF THE HITS IN THE HEAVY MUST CONNECT AS WELL. Otherwise you’re never safe to heavy anyone in AW or arena without risk of being resisted and/or parried, which is preposterous.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
    That's what I said. But you're ignoring the other option. It's possible that this is how it is intended to work but they need to update the description.
    Still no response from mods on this issue huh?
  • Cam77778888Cam77778888 Posts: 113
    The game this update is riddled with bugs. In AQ map 7 for polka dot power sunspot has 12 incinerates on magneto and still not gaining power. As for the connecting heavy on part 1 and resist on part 2.... that’s definitely not a thing that should happen. Anyone who says otherwise should think rationally about what that means. You can’t block if you just got hit mid heavy.
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    Reminds me of when the ai can block my special that I do after a 5 hit combo.
    Sometimes even after a 4 hit combo.
    edited April 2021

Well it’s good to know this bug is still present and you guys have not acknowledged this at all. Radio 📻 silence huh?

@Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike
  • jimmy89Leejimmy89Lee Posts: 13
    This also happens in AQ and EQ. It happened to me while fighting Symbioids, during Corvus SP2.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★

This also happens in AQ and EQ. It happened to me while fighting Symbioids, during Corvus SP2.

This has been happening to me in other content as well this week. Thought it was a fluke, and it may have been, as I haven’t been able to reproduce it with any accuracy. But AI champs in SQ and EQ were resisting my heavies without any node indication.

Hulkbuster’s Specials were not becoming unblockable either. They would say unblockable but not break the block.
    edited March 2022
    Posted this issue similar time a year ago. Still no acknowledgement from mods that this is either bugged or intentional. Any acknowledgement would be prudent for us players so we can start a discussion on either getting this fixed, rewording SYG description or other.

If there is a hit in a heavy that lands (confirmed) then all subsequent hits should land too. It is entirely out of a player and a champ’s control to ensure that all heavy hits land successfully after you connect with the 1st hit of a heavy.

As this game progresses more and more champs increasingly rely on various heavy abilities as part of their rotation or kit. This really needs to be addressed.

What this interaction is saying is that any heavy from any champ in alliance war (and arena) is never safe no matter what. This is a critical mechanic in the game, surely this is not the intended interaction.

I’ll post more instances below.

2 of these vids seem acceptable. ‘Resist’ 1st hit of heavy and either ‘resist’ 2nd as well OR block break into hit confirm on 2nd hit is how SYG interaction should work.

The other 2 vids where you have hit confirm on 1st hit of heavy BUT ‘resist’ on 2nd hit surely cannot be working as intended.

@Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike