**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Easier to hit Valhalla milestones, but still very underwhelming rewards

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate that the point requirements to hit the Valhalla milestones have been dramatically decreased, but why are the rewards so much less than similar events that we’ve seen in the past? I feel like the Modok solo event (which I can’t for the life of me remember what it was called) had much better rewards for the same effort and that was what, three years ago? Free stuff for doing things that I’d do in-game anyways is always nice, but it feels like a big step backwards from events we’ve seen in the past.

Comments

• LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    Dude it went from 139 fights to 40 fights this is way better and won’t take long at all this is so much better
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    milomike said:

People need to take into consideration the rewards for the daily 22 hour solo event. Most days it takes minimal effort, you get 2.5 times the units, t2a, t5b, sig stone.

The new Valhalla solo event, even after having a points adjustment, still feels like too much effort for literal trash rewards.

This photo is literally after a running a few lanes in Cavalier difficulty EQ. Notice the milestone completion difference. Again, the effort to reward ratio is an absolute miss here.

This is an objective for arena grinders in my opinion. I did all Cav EQ today, mostly 6*s, still havent hit the mark yet.(probably didnt use enough light attacks to finish off opponents)

But i could go through 2/3s of my 6* roster in arena and kill with light attacks for all milestones.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I actually like that I can skip it and not sweat it. It's just an extra that I get for playing instead of a grind that I 'have to' finish.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    milomike said:

milomike said:

People need to take into consideration the rewards for the daily 22 hour solo event. Most days it takes minimal effort, you get 2.5 times the units, t2a, t5b, sig stone.

The new Valhalla solo event, even after having a points adjustment, still feels like too much effort for literal trash rewards.

This photo is literally after a running a few lanes in Cavalier difficulty EQ. Notice the milestone completion difference. Again, the effort to reward ratio is an absolute miss here.

This is an objective for arena grinders in my opinion. I did all Cav EQ today, mostly 6*s, still havent hit the mark yet.(probably didnt use enough light attacks to finish off opponents)

But i could go through 2/3s of my 6* roster in arena and kill with light attacks for all milestones.
    For the tiniest amount of T1A, 5* shards, a random stone, and 10 units....you can enjoy your boring arena grind. I won’t touch it again until there’s T2A arena. Keep in mind, we get 10 units for doing 2 rounds in the 2* arena, put that into perspective when thinking about these trash rewards...

Again, we’ve been getting T2A, T5B, 25 units, and random stones, each and every day for several months, with minimal effort in the 22 hour solos...

Have been playing for years, have everything completed. Kabam, make me WANT to play. These side quests, solo objectives directly related to the EQ, and new solo events over the last few updates, aren’t enticing at all.

Last few side quests have been an overwhelming excessive amount of rewards compared to the usual. Not enticing enough? Don’t play them. I’m sure they will have enough players happy to do them, even without you.
  • milomikemilomike Posts: 92
    edited March 2021

milomike said:

milomike said:

For the tiniest amount of T1A, 5* shards, a random stone, and 10 units....you can enjoy your boring arena grind. I won’t touch it again until there’s T2A arena. Keep in mind, we get 10 units for doing 2 rounds in the 2* arena, put that into perspective when thinking about these trash rewards...

Again, we’ve been getting T2A, T5B, 25 units, and random stones, each and every day for several months, with minimal effort in the 22 hour solos...

Have been playing for years, have everything completed. Kabam, make me WANT to play. These side quests, solo objectives directly related to the EQ, and new solo events over the last few updates, aren’t enticing at all.

Considering this is an update that will last 35 days you will get from 35 rounds of the objective:
    3500 4* shards
    2.5 T3B
    35 4* Sig Stone Crystals
    2 T1A
    1 T4B
    5250 5* Shards
    350 Units
    35 5* Sig Stone Crystals
    525,000 Gold

Sounds a whole lot sexier when you say it lack that doesnt it?
    You’re missing everything I’ve stated. Put it into perspective with everything else. The already dated (meaning, after months of the same, it needs to be updated and revamped again) 22 hour solo offers far superior rewards. The game should be progressing each month. This month is a massive digression; 2 years ago, these measly rewards would’ve been decent.

4* shards and stones are next to useless for players with 100% content.
    T3B.... lol
    Gold.... because 100 million plus isn’t enough
    350 units? Again, you’re comparing this to the 875 units for the 22 hour daily solo, with little effort.

You won’t understand until you’ve finished content and barely open the app anymore...

FYI, players like myself go missing, Kabam makes a bait load less cash, game goes goodbye. “Even without you” is more than just a single player...

milomike said:

milomike said:

milomike said:

Considering this is an update that will last 35 days you will get from 35 rounds of the objective:
    3500 4* shards
    2.5 T3B
    35 4* Sig Stone Crystals
    2 T1A
    1 T4B
    5250 5* Shards
    350 Units
    35 5* Sig Stone Crystals
    525,000 Gold

You’re missing everything I’ve stated. Put it into perspective with everything else. The already dated (meaning, after months of the same, it needs to be updated and revamped again) 22 hour solo offers far superior rewards. The game should be progressing each month. This month is a massive digression; 2 years ago, these measly rewards would’ve been decent.

T3B.... lol
    350 units? Again, you’re comparing this to the 875 units for the 22 hour daily solo, with little effort.

You won’t understand until you’ve finished content and barely open the app anymore...

FYI, players like myself go missing, Kabam makes a bait load less cash, game goes goodbye. “Even without you” is more than just a single player...

You see, i actually have done all content.

And i love 4* shards for iso, i dont have 100 million gold, and any amount of units for doing arena that i was going to do anyways is really nice.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

milomike said:

milomike said:

milomike said:

3500 4* shards
    2.5 T3B
    35 4* Sig Stone Crystals
    2 T1A
    1 T4B
    5250 5* Shards
    350 Units
    35 5* Sig Stone Crystals
    525,000 Gold

T3B.... lol

I wish I can have this flex. Lol.

• milomikemilomike Posts: 92
    edited March 2021

milomike said:

milomike said:

milomike said:

3500 4* shards
    2.5 T3B
    35 4* Sig Stone Crystals
    2 T1A
    1 T4B
    5250 5* Shards
    350 Units
    35 5* Sig Stone Crystals
    525,000 Gold

T3B.... lol

And i love 4* shards for iso, i dont have 100 million gold, and any amount of units for doing arena that i was going to do anyways is really nice.
    I have a hard time believing you’ve completed everything if you’re hurting for gold and ISO. I hoard 5* shards to avoid overflow and still sell countless ISO every day. How can one not have gold? You just mentioned running arena to complete this...still the easiest way to attain gold. If you have actually completed everythin

Again, in comparison to everything I’ve already listed, these rewards aren’t good. Simply stating the very obvious.

Also love the amount of “disagree” clicking. Almost like the bots are out auto clicking things.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    I completed the event without doing much different from my normal gameplay. Yes I actively tried to finish with an Sp1, but apart from that I wasn't doing anymore in arena than normal, I never entered quests that I didn't have free energy for, so for me it is just a bonus for normal gameplay.

If I was going out of my way in order to complete it, I wouldn't bother, because as many have said the rewards just aren't good enough to spend unnecessary time trying to get.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    It’s... free.. stuff... that... you.. get... for.. doing... the.. stuff... that.. you.. usually... do.....

(Complaining about it is like complaining about getting free shards from the login Calender)
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    After the retuning of the event it's pretty solid actually. Assuming that it runs for the entire 35 days, the rewards are:

5,250 5* shards
    3500 4* shards
    35 5* sig crystals
    1 T4B
    2 T1A
    350 units

That's a very solid deal for minimal effort
  • ZendricZendric Posts: 12
    edited March 2021
    I think there’s a problem with this Valhalla reward.. because It seems like Cavalier level is too extreme, I dont think the effort is even worth it. vs Uncollected and lower has easier time to reach their max reward. I am not sure if this is a bug or not. I was complaining to my fellow allies in chat got this screenshot from mine vs from my fellow allies

this is Cavalier (me)

Uncollected and lower

• ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 643 ★★★
    xNig said:

It’s... free.. stuff... that... you.. get... for.. doing... the.. stuff... that.. you.. usually... do.....

(Complaining about it is like complaining about getting free shards from the login Calender)

This right here. Absolutely free stuff for just playing. Rewards aren't good enough for me to aim to max them but getting extra anything just for doing what I normally do is a winner to me.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★

xNig said:

This right here. Absolutely free stuff for just playing. Rewards aren't good enough for me to aim to max them but getting extra anything just for doing what I normally do is a winner to me.
    Not every event is a win or a windfall. This is one of those events that’s neither.

If you’re an arena grinder, you probably think it’s fine to get some stuff at the margins. If you aren’t, then it’s really just something that’s going on in the game somewhere.

Dr. Zola
    milomike said:

milomike said:

milomike said:

milomike said:

3500 4* shards
    2.5 T3B
    35 4* Sig Stone Crystals
    2 T1A
    1 T4B
    5250 5* Shards
    350 Units
    35 5* Sig Stone Crystals
    525,000 Gold

T3B.... lol

I have a hard time believing you’ve completed everything if you’re hurting for gold and ISO. I hoard 5* shards to avoid overflow and still sell countless ISO every day. How can one not have gold? You just mentioned running arena to complete this...still the easiest way to attain gold. If you have actually completed everythin

Again, in comparison to everything I’ve already listed, these rewards aren’t good. Simply stating the very obvious.

Also love the amount of “disagree” clicking. Almost like the bots are out auto clicking things.
    😒

Im not hurting for gold, but i have 10 million. Not 100. If you have 100, chances are you sell tons of iso. And if you sell tons of iso, you probably go hard for crystals. Not saying you do, its just likely.

And the disagree button is usually used to express disagreement.

Which is necessary for some statements.

Its free stuff. If you want it, do the work. If not, then fine, just dont complain about it.