**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Lightning Fists/Pyrokinetics Nerf in Incursions

HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
Medium Combo Ending attacks have a 40% chance to inflict a 5 second Incinerate Debuff, dealing 225% of Attack as Energy Damage. This effect also removes Perfect Block Chance and reduces Block Proficiency by 40% while it is active.

Lightning Fists
Light Combo Ending attacks have a 30% chance to inflict a 5 second(s) Shock Debuff, dealing 395% of Attack as Energy Damage.

if your goal was to kill both of these off to be completely useless, congratulations. I had both of these up in different times in an Incursions run, and NEVER saw either one go off.

Discuss?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    At least lightning fists is bug, if that's what you're talking about. It never procs after the update
  • HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102

At least lightning fists is bug, if that's what you're talking about. It never procs after the update

Yeah, tried both hacks, didn't try the heavy one, I should've, that one seemed a lot better because Nullifying a Prowess off Magneto means you can't stack it, which was a huge fail.

SkyLord each hit of Pyrokinetics and Lightning Fists used to work every hit, now it's the combo ender. They should've just left it alone, it was fine the way it was.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

I never picked the shock or incinerate hacks in their previous form. Come up against a Bishop boss and you're totally screwed. With the update they'd be viable again to me.

This is exactly what happened to me, now I’ll take any hack other than these two.
  • HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102
    edited March 2021
    No_oneuk said:

I loved using the old ones with void, but tested tonight and the medium ending incinerate was ticking 1089, previously it would tick for 638 and I’d usually get 1/2 per combo so it’s roughly the same maybe slightly less damage but it’s nice that if you come across some reason you can’t put the debuff on the enemy (such as cornered node) that it’s easy to control now rather than not using any mediums at all or something. There’s pros and cons to both tbh, I’m not too fussed.

But impact purge, very very happy with the change on that one. cull was having lots of fun with it.

IKON said:

I never picked the shock or incinerate hacks in their previous form. Come up against a Bishop boss and you're totally screwed. With the update they'd be viable again to me.

Yes, that aspect of the change is nice, and probably what they intended it to do, but I do wish the chance was a bit more reliable since you only get one chance to proc, instead of 2-3.

Impact Purge to me was a big plus. Can't wait to try it with my 6 Star Magneto
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    Well that sucks . Lighting fists was my favorite . It allowed me to soar through the fights
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Has kabam got a new senior manager overlooking this game?
  • mani274mani274 Posts: 93
    This happened yesterday. I did 4 rooms in zone 8 with the lightning fists hack. I can only place shock debuff like 2 times in 7 fights..considering the fact i usually use 5 hit combo most of the time...
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    I used the new lightning fists hack in incursions just now and with r4 Aegon, the light ending shocks triggered most of the time and they did 2k damage. Managed to keep up 2 shocks sometimes.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

...were you using quake or something

That's irrelevant. Hacks are part of our champions abilties
    You don't use combos with Quake. So, lightning fists and pyrokinetics won't trigger with her.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    This nerf was the worst change happened to incursions, since their introduction.
    My guess, is that Kabam changed those powerful hacks in order to make it more difficult to reach zones 15, 20, and 25, where the 6* signature stones are, so people have to spend more items.
    Lightning fists especially was maybe the most powerful hack. Combined with martial artist, attribute boost and shock boost, was making champs even like Groot, put out insane damage with MLLLL combos.
    These two hacks, pyrokinetics and lightning fists, seem to be the worst to get after the update.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    I don’t know about you guys, but I always used to avoid those two hacks I’m case I run into someone like bishop or a node like cornered
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Ya the dreaded combo was always those 2 plus impact purge, now impact purge is good so you never have to worry about those 2
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★

I don’t know about you guys, but I always used to avoid those two hacks I’m case I run into someone like bishop or a node like cornered

Same. Because literally every time I selected that hack who was my next fight? Bishop
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Greekhit said:

This nerf was the worst change happened to incursions, since their introduction.
    My guess, is that Kabam changed those powerful hacks in order to make it more difficult to reach zones 15, 20, and 25, where the 6* signature stones are, so people have to spend more items.
    Lightning fists especially was maybe the most powerful hack. Combined with martial artist, attribute boost and shock boost, was making champs even like Groot, put out insane damage with MLLLL combos.
    These two hacks, pyrokinetics and lightning fists, seem to be the worst to get after the update.

Except when you ran into Havok, Bishop, CMM ect. or unfortunate nodes like cornered. I barely ever used those 2 hacks because they could be severly limiting with some opponents.

I think Kabam changed them because they may have noticed that only few players actually use these (unless I'm in a minority here).

I don't think it's a ploy to nerf the most powerful Hacks, otherwise Buff cornucopia would be on the list as well
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    Raichu626 said:

Greekhit said:

Except when you ran into Havok, Bishop, CMM ect. or unfortunate nodes like cornered. I barely ever used those 2 hacks because they could be severly limiting with some opponents.

I think Kabam changed them because they may have noticed that only few players actually use these (unless I'm in a minority here).

I don't think it's a ploy to nerf the most powerful Hacks, otherwise Buff cornucopia would be on the list as well
    If you play with an incursion partner that communicates, you can always take care that only one of the two runs these hacks, in case of Bishop, CMM etc. show up.
    Be sure plenty of players were using them, at least those who want to reach top zones fast and easy 😉

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I much prefer it this way. I never picked them before cause they can screw you over so easily. Now it's easy to control.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,037 ★★★★★
    I’m never picking it since it can **** you op when fights somone like Bishop HT ect