**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How can DDHK’S Regen issues be resolved?

ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
edited March 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
The change to the Regeneration rate to Daredevil (Hell's Kitchen) in his December buff is arguably the most contentious change and the one which had caused the most angst. DDHK suffers arguably more than any other champion in the game with Suicides and DoT effects (recovery via Willpower), which is a shame as he's got some pretty nice utility scattered throughout his kit and synergies.

Whilst many players may just want to put the Regen Rate back to 100%, Kabam have indicated that won’t happen as there are concerns about his potential for continual healing.

So, here are some ideas for tweaking DDHK so he is usable by more players.

How can DDHK’S Regen issues be resolved? 28 votes

Remove Rage Debuff from the kit completely so Regen rate can be set back to 100%
17%
nOuxBonzodavidMaxwell24HoitadoWooptyfrickendoo 5 votes
Halve the durations of all Rage Debuffs and double Regen rate to 80%
10%
TerraChobblyanaLysis_ 3 votes
Leave everything as is - Rage Debuff and the 40% Regen rate
14%
MegaSkater67WorknprogressTexas_11Crasyduck 4 votes
Allow damaging Debuffs to be purified just like non-damaging Debuffs
25%
Mr_PlatypusVoltolosAleorMobile_P0tat0TheDaywalkerMasterpuffDrew_D23 7 votes
Something else
32%
DrZolaStevieManWonderSkyLord7000IWCPuttPutt[Deleted User]dHusstleSilver_GooseSpiderHammy 9 votes
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    Remove Rage Debuff from the kit completely so Regen rate can be set back to 100%
    Or just put the regen to 100%.
    It wouldnt be game breaking, considering there's champs like wolverine, x-23, oml, blade, Claire, omega red &more. Who all have considerably better regen then he'll have even then
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Something else
    Even if regen rate was 60-70% it wouldn’t be to bad.
  • Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    Something else
    Try again? Overall? No offense, but...yeah.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Something else
    Or:

While the recoil mastery is active regen rate is doubled.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    The first option (remove and reset) may be relatively straightforward for Kabam to do. There are only two places in the kit - the Rage debuff is just in the Sig Ability and the SP2. Kingpin's synergy with classic Daredevil could be changed to apply to DDHK too, removing the only other potential source of Rage. This would also have the additional benefit of making DDHK's SP1 more useful.

The second one (halve and double) may be the simplest to implement - it's just numbers. This could maybe even be done outside of a release and importantly would not affect the total amount of Willpower recovery that Rage causes. As an example, after the Kingpin buff, a tweak was needed for both DDHK and Kingpin's Regen rate to set them at what their kit notes said. That tweak did not require downtime or a patch.

The fourth option (purify damaging debuffs as well as non-damaging) may be easy to do but it could create a defensive issue. It could become all but impossible to stick any debuffs on DDHK with this option, and it may be too powerful as he’s got other stuff in his kit anyway.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I think every champ is not meant to run with suicides , you could always run half bleed suicides like magik .
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Something else
    I think the best thing would be to make it so that his regen rate can't be modified by poison.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

I think every champ is not meant to run with suicides , you could always run half bleed suicides like magik .

I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept to grasp for so many people
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Doesn’t really need to be changed in my opinion. I use him a lot, he’s become one of my favourite champions and it’s not that difficult to keep your rage debuff up permanently. So if you have willpower you’re healing for the entire fight essentially, which in comparison to most champions is actually quite significant. Taking the rage away is a terrible idea, it benefits him in many ways and is key to his kit. You can use it to bypass the delay on his fury from SP2, give yourself a near permanent healing effect and also increase your damage (non-damaging debuffs increase your attack in stick’s apprentice). He’s a very good champion who can cover a lot of ground. And if you’re a fan of synergies he can actually have 100% AAR at all times, which is incredibly useful considering how much other utility he brings at the same time. Another point people haven’t liked is his damage output, but he can actually hit reasonably hard if you get him going properly. When you figure out how to maximise his damage output there’s really nothing wrong with it in my opinion, he’s not a top damage dealer or anything, but given that he’s mainly a utility champ it’s more than enough as far as I’m concerned. One of my favourite buffs so far and he’s now a regular on my war team at tier 2-3. I’m really happy with it overall.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept to grasp for so many people
    The concept is not difficult at all.

“ Base Regeneration Rate is set at 40% instead of the normal 100%” “ Immune to all effects that modify Regeneration Rate, except Poison.”

Don’t run suicides = effective champ.

Run bleed suicides = Suicide effective champ

Every champ is designed they way they are. He has a very potent regen.
    edited March 2021

I think the best thing would be to make it so that his regen rate can't be modified by poison.

One other thought I’ve had kicking around as a possible idea is the Regen rate change only apply to non-damaging Debuffs. It would deal with the Rage issue - and open up design space for other self-inflicted debuffs on other kits.

For me, the actual Regen from Rage is rarely more than healing block chip damage. It’s a nice to have but I’ve never taken DDHK into a fight expecting to come out of it healing damage up. When I notice it is on the reduced Willpower when I get hit by a bleed or poison.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,659 ★★★★★
    I have not been following the changes made to this champ.

Is the game developer still reviewing the balance and intending to make adjustment?

I have not been following the changes made to this champ.

Is the game developer still reviewing the balance and intending to make adjustment?

Who knows, I wasn’t expecting the DDHK and Daredevil Classic tweak in the last update. Being able to deal with Miss formally is nice - and to be honest I find it more useful than the Stick’s Apprentice part of the Sig ability.