**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to Make Civil Warrior Great - Post Butt

Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
edited March 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
If the hype of big yellow numbers have died down you may have now noticed the flaws in the civil warrior changes.

Though hood had some new abilities and damage his basic abilities that was inherent from the start was changed. people didnt like it and kabam has reverted him back. Good. It is great that kabam are listening to the player feedback.

Now Civil Warrior is one of my favourite champions in game. He was my first 4 star and the animations are beautiful. But i use him rarely. He has some decent utility but his damage and usage was mediocre for anything other than may he act4 at best.

The problem with the changes is that it forces you to dash back and hold block every 2 seconds. Now people will bring up falcon. Yes falcon has a similar playstyle. But he has 14 seconds of lock on where he completely negates opponents defensive AAR. And in that period of time he doesnt have to be concerned about abilities procking and you can go on a full on offensive. Then dance around for 8 sec or bait a special to refresh the cooldown. Do this 2 times and most fights are over. At least where you would use him over other champions.

When it comes to CW every 2-3 seconds you are forced to dash back and hold block. Yes you can tactically chose to dash back only at certain intervals but dashing back frequently is an extremely easy way to die.
The block damage is no joke either. Take a few hits on block while doing this 3 times and half your health is gone.

The excessive pressure to convert armour to fury and the need to constantly look at the left side of the screen is highly contradictory to the basic fighting technique of the game which is watching opponent and their buffs.

Every champ has a particular way he/she eill perform the best but if the champ cannot perform above average when not played optimally it is too much for too little .

The playstyle contradicts his power control and heal block. To keep those up you have to be aggressive and every second counts. In a 2 minute fight you are wasting half the time dashing back and blocking and trying to avoid getting hit on block as well.

All that time the powercontrol and healblock is lost. You have to chose between damage and utility. Which at this point in game is a lame choice to make as you need both . We didn't make the game like it kabam did. And they are doing the exact opposite with this change.

They took away his ability for enemy ability accuracy reduction. Which was a decent utility.

To make him a good champion it is very simple.

Make him keep 3 -4 armours permanently. This ll give 75-100% bleed poison resistance. (Whichever kabam is comfortable with) .

Make the fury timers last longer. The duration right now is very small.

Give him the ability to keep 20 permanent furies.

These changes will make him keep his resistance and still have decent damage. You will be forced to play him the way kabam intended with the buff for a few minutes till you get 20 furies. Then after which you can chose either the damage route or play to the style the enemy and node dictates.

He will not be anywhere close to the damage of coloslssus because CW has below average synergies that make him better. So there is no fear of him being OP.

This is easy work. Knowing the people at kabam this change could he hashed out in a day or two. Being the poster boy for Kabam for 5+ years and that all other kabam made champions are great I highly recommend Kabam make these changes and make him great.

Keep up the great work you are doing .
It is understandable that some ideas will be better than others and some changes has to be made when something goes over or under the expected level.

So please take this argument a serious thought. Keep up the good work you are doing. Thank you for reading this feedback.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★
    Guardian synergy to solve BP

I agree though
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    I don’t know why Kabam is even doing the buff program at this point. Literally every champ they’ve buffed since magneto has had someone complain about it
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Agree that the fury mechanic should be improved, won’t feed a single iso into my 6* until then
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I think another way he could be tweaked is to shorten the timer to refresh. If he had to block less I think that encourages the point of the buff and CW new playstyle without punishing the player.

He’s meant to be a high pressure, high damage dealer, but the timer to hold block is a little to long. A lot of the time, the opponent has time to throw a couple hits into the block and then try and heavy before you can refresh. Which is bad because you take block damage and then lose furies since you couldn’t refresh in time.

Change his timer so it’s pretty much half a second, then you still have the high pressure-find time to refresh sort of playstyle encouraged by his buff, but not punishing the playstyle by making you take block damage.

I think making the furies last longer defeats the point of his play style, well not defeats, but you know what I mean- he’s supposed to be high pressure, and longer furies means less pressure to maintain that awesome damage.

I think reducing his timer means you are a lot safer. Players don’t like champions who feel out of their control sometimes, and when you hold block for 1.2 seconds you are leaving your fate up to the opponent. You can control when you dash back and block, but you can’t control if the opponent will heavy you.

Make the timer shorter, the player will feel in control and dashing back and blocking will be a much more fun part of his play style, rather than stress
  • Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Posts: 152 ★★
    Imagine trying to use civil warrior against an opponent that's completely unblockable throughout the entire fight. Death sentence
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I don’t know why Kabam is even doing the buff program at this point. Literally every champ they’ve buffed since magneto has had someone complain about it

Kingpin?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Crcrcrc said:

Kingpin?
    wHy IsNt He WoRkInG aGaInSt VoId
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

Terra said:

Crcrcrc said:

Kingpin?
    wHy IsNt He WoRkInG aGaInSt VoId
    Point taken.

Imagine trying to use civil warrior against an opponent that's completely unblockable throughout the entire fight. Death sentence

I think that’s ok, every champion has a counter.

Ghost can’t fight against consistent armour break.

Corvus can’t fight against auto nullify.

Doom isn’t good against evaders.

Even the best have bad match ups, Civil warrior won’t be good against unblockable champs

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Until we get the fix to special attacks pausing armour ups I can’t truly decide what I think of the ease of ramp up.
    I think that with that pause, you could pretty safely ramp up with the armours, then convert, parry and SP3 into a couple high damage combos.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 821 ★★★
    I found it best to combine him with NF and CMM, or else his fury duration gets a bit frustrating.
  • Shock29Shock29 Posts: 536 ★★★

If the hype of big yellow numbers have died down you may have now noticed the flaws in the civil warrior changes.

Though hood had some new abilities and damage his basic abilities that was inherent from the start was changed. people didnt like it and kabam has reverted him back. Good. It is great that kabam are listening to the player feedback.

Now Civil Warrior is one of my favourite champions in game. He was my first 4 star and the animations are beautiful. But i use him rarely. He has some decent utility but his damage and usage was mediocre for anything other than may he act4 at best.

The problem with the changes is that it forces you to dash back and hold block every 2 seconds. Now people will bring up falcon. Yes falcon has a similar playstyle. But he has 14 seconds of lock on where he completely negates opponents defensive AAR. And in that period of time he doesnt have to be concerned about abilities procking and you can go on a full on offensive. Then dance around for 8 sec or bait a special to refresh the cooldown. Do this 2 times and most fights are over. At least where you would use him over other champions.

When it comes to CW every 2-3 seconds you are forced to dash back and hold block. Yes you can tactically chose to dash back only at certain intervals but dashing back frequently is an extremely easy way to die.
    The block damage is no joke either. Take a few hits on block while doing this 3 times and half your health is gone.

The excessive pressure to convert armour to fury and the need to constantly look at the left side of the screen is highly contradictory to the basic fighting technique of the game which is watching opponent and their buffs.

Every champ has a particular way he/she eill perform the best but if the champ cannot perform above average when not played optimally it is too much for too little .

The playstyle contradicts his power control and heal block. To keep those up you have to be aggressive and every second counts. In a 2 minute fight you are wasting half the time dashing back and blocking and trying to avoid getting hit on block as well.

All that time the powercontrol and healblock is lost. You have to chose between damage and utility. Which at this point in game is a lame choice to make as you need both . We didn't make the game like it kabam did. And they are doing the exact opposite with this change.

They took away his ability for enemy ability accuracy reduction. Which was a decent utility.

To make him a good champion it is very simple.

Make him keep 3 -4 armours permanently. This ll give 75-100% bleed poison resistance. (Whichever kabam is comfortable with) .

Make the fury timers last longer. The duration right now is very small.

Give him the ability to keep 20 permanent furies.

These changes will make him keep his resistance and still have decent damage. You will be forced to play him the way kabam intended with the buff for a few minutes till you get 20 furies. Then after which you can chose either the damage route or play to the style the enemy and node dictates.

He will not be anywhere close to the damage of coloslssus because CW has below average synergies that make him better. So there is no fear of him being OP.

This is easy work. Knowing the people at kabam this change could he hashed out in a day or two. Being the poster boy for Kabam for 5+ years and that all other kabam made champions are great I highly recommend Kabam make these changes and make him great.

Keep up the great work you are doing .
    It is understandable that some ideas will be better than others and some changes has to be made when something goes over or under the expected level.

So please take this argument a serious thought. Keep up the good work you are doing. Thank you for reading this feedback.

Unfortunately he doesn’t have bleed or poison resistance anymore. He just reduces the AA of abilities and nodes that would apply it. Another small piece of utility removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MbpgVWaOmU&t=39s

tier 1 war r2 CW game play vs node 22 r3 Sym Supreme. Able to keep furies the whole fight, still able to power control and maintain overall control of the fight. Thought that sp1 would end the fight, but it didn't had about 700 health remaining. Still got the solo.

He could have killed you with an sp3. He is nullify immune but triggers MD, which makes him high risk against any mystic.
    Not only that, in your fight everyone can see how sometimes the refresh timer doesn’t start or what happens when you don’t hold block every 9 seconds (all buffs gone). Additionally you were lucky: a Mysterio would have destroyed you, because he uses heavies all the time. Your opponent was really nice to you and you hardly survived, that’s not ideal. That’s stress.
    Could have, sometimes, buffs didnt expire, lucky, if you were fighting X champion, hardly survived. In an off season war i pushed for the kill and didnt get it with the sp1; had 57% health prior to taking that chance, so saying i hardly survived is moot. Hypotheticals and What if's. Stick to the facts of the example i posted. Play the champ better.
    I completely get your point, but just one example of a good fight isn’t proof that they’re good.

I could take airwalker against Weapon X act 7 boss and solo it, post it here and claim he’s a good character and a good option for the fight but it’s not proof.

In this post, I’m not arguing either way here that CW is bad or good. I’m just saying that the facts of your example is that you soloed the fight, it shows he *can* do it. It doesn’t show that he’s fine and people should just play him better.
  • LemoNotLemoNot Posts: 181
    edited March 2021
    Crcrcrc said:

Kabam seems to think buffing a champ means changing their kit, not improving it. Sure, it's necessary for certain champs (like Magneto), but most champs they buff already have some solid traits. Falcon and Angela buffs are so good because they took what good stuff the champ already had and made it better by improving what was already there AS WELL AS adding some new stuff on top.