**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does anyone still use Thing?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
Hardly see any mention of him anymore, it’s usually just quake, beardo, void, torch, iBom etc

I know at sig 200 his protection has some good niche utility, but thats the problem. Who’s going to blow 200 sigs into someone for niche use unless they’re getting sigs like candy. And even if they are, theres surely better s200 options theyre likely to have in their roster

He’s not really a heavy hitter unless you’re willing to sacrifice slots on your team. I see him as more of a utility option due to his immunities.

Does anyone still use Thing? 141 votes

Yes
42%
danielmathRaganatorPiviotTerraSundance_2099SungjCat_MurdockPwf57MenkentOnmixHammerbro_64H_B0MBDONZALOOG1234TheHeroDeservedAckbar67Nioc0124Bradencoy10or_StrongTheAngryOneReaper2823 60 votes
No
57%
DeeparviMagicBentonVceebuffajrzuffyTristanquando213PGUNZ4694thanks4playingLvernon15KennadoMasterduxOsfan8Duke_SilverRbk19Warlord5386KerneasBuckyBruhAssumedNameTexas_11 81 votes

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Yes
    i use him for AW defense, but nothing else other than a fun arena champ for me. i would use him more if i had his synergy team ranked up though
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★

i use him for AW defense, but nothing else other than a fun arena champ for me. i would use him more if i had his synergy team ranked up though

I wouldnt say that counts if you’re just gonna throw him on defense, maybe I should change the title
  • NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    No
    I haven't used him since 6.3.1 bio and even then I ended up substituting him for white mags
    Edit: I must say I would've used him a bit more if I had him at sig 200
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    No
    I pretty much never use Thing. There’s nothing he really shines in unless I really need a Nullify immune champion for something.
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    No
    I think Thing is the most overrated character who is only good for AW and for attack to be useful need whole team supporting.

And if unawakened he is not even good for defense.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    Yes
    He still puts in work on some paths. He's been a bit outdated meta wise, but he's still excellent. Now, he's mostly relegated to AWD
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Yes
    Shock and nullify immunity combined with his extremely powerful awakened ability make him a champ with several niche uses which is more than enough for me. Just took him to R5 and he'll be used quite a bit, especially since I take Path 2 in war.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yes
    People are under the false assumption that Thing is just a huge damage dealer that needs a full synergy team thanks to Seatin.

In reality, he's a strong utility champ with tons of niche uses. Shock and Coldsnap immunity are rare, especially combined. Then you've got the immunities to Armor Break, Nullify, and Fate Seal which are even more rare. And a lot of people underrate Nullify immunity, they don't realize that it works for Buffet, Power Snack, and similar nodes along with all the annoying Mystics like Dormammu, Doom, etc. And his awakened ability is just so OP. Going up against opponents with stupidly high attack, you just can't die to anything. Watching Lags take down a Linked AoE boss in Incursions the other day without even taking any of the degen damage was so fun.
  • Zizi1002Zizi1002 Posts: 99
    Yes
    In arena (but seriously ya I do)
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    No
    I’ve played around with him a bit and eh. He’s fun, but not what need rn
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Yes
    I use him in AW, AQ, and act 6
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Etjama said:

People are under the false assumption that Thing is just a huge damage dealer that needs a full synergy team thanks to Seatin.

In reality, he's a strong utility champ with tons of niche uses. Shock and Coldsnap immunity are rare, especially combined. Then you've got the immunities to Armor Break, Nullify, and Fate Seal which are even more rare. And a lot of people underrate Nullify immunity, they don't realize that it works for Buffet, Power Snack, and similar nodes along with all the annoying Mystics like Dormammu, Doom, etc. And his awakened ability is just so OP. Going up against opponents with stupidly high attack, you just can't die to anything. Watching Lags take down a Linked AoE boss in Incursions the other day without even taking any of the degen damage was so fun.

Shock immunity is rare so I agree with you on that as well as the sig. Though if nullify immunity was what one needed, Angela/Red Guardian are probably better choices
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I think he is my only full shock immune, so I have to use him and his tiny numbers for fights where people like CMM and Magneto and SS etc don’t work.
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    No
    When he came out the utilities felt rare and ranked him but In reality I used him in very few fights like 6.3.1 SS boss and variant 1 third chapter.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Yes
    Every now and then for when I need shock or armor break immune in science cav eq. It sucks. His dps is poop without the synergy.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,143 ★★★★★
    No
    Never use him. Strictly for defense. Just useless in offense without the whole synergy team.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    No
    Never used thing for anything.

I took up 6* Mr.F to R2 and Invisible Woman to R3 even though thing has more utility, just don’t enjoy him for some reason. To be fair , I don’t like how the fantastic 4 need to all be together to be above average , and the things best synergies aren’t even with them.

He is a great addition to the game though.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★
    Yes
    yes, because my 5* science roster is Hulk, Gulk, Ant-Man, Thing and Luke Cage.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Yes
    He's tanky as hell and works great with incursions buffs so I do like to tag him in to the higher rooms
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    No
    Nope. Never had a use for him and never have I been like 'Damn, my Thing would have been so useful here....'
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    No
    I have 5/65 Sig 200 and barely ever touch him. Even when I need bleed immune I turn to omega and Collosus. Oh well
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Have the 6* unawakened at R2. Used him to clear out V1 exploration - super easy with him and full synergy team. Haven't used him anywhere else, but that would absolutely change if I ever awaken him.
  • KennMcocKennMcoc Posts: 158
    Yes
    Use him with Angela Hela Heimdall Synergy or MR Fantastic HT synergy he is super awesome.
  • CrasyduckCrasyduck Posts: 143 ★★
    No
    Can't use what you don't have.