**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The purpose of 4star heroes soon to become zero

2»

Comments

• WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    edited October 2017
    I agree with those that argue 6* are the next level of progression for the game and that there is no set defined "plateau" for current rosters. What I dont agree with however, and I believe to be what many are upset about is the actual rate of progression that its following.
    There are those arguments that question "did you complain about your 4*'s when 5*'s came out"?
    I believe it was sometime around june/july of 2015 when I began playing, and at that time 5*'s were already a part of the game and I remember thinking "****! 10k shards for 1 of em"? So I never had the chance to see their initial introduction into the contest.
    Fast forward to present time, over 2 yrs have passed and I have a mediocre lineup of 4*'s I painstakingly upgraded that has helped me complete 100% the original 4Acts and ROL. The 80 or so maxed 3*'s I have are used for nothing other than the 1st 10matches of arenas dating back to roughly 18mos.

So for me personally, a better part of 2 yrs has been spent with my focus on my 4*'s and the seven 5*'s I do have, none are duped and all at 2/35. Till recently, it was still more beneficial to max a duped 4* than an unduped 5* to rank 3 or 4 IMO and others as well, also that it's impossible to max a 5* played a little role.

Within the past 6mos or so, we had ACT5 pushed out with only chpt1 complete and the rest a big ? . Fast forward another couple mos. and we get breaking news about 6*'s, have new content pushed out to highlight them. And the fact that when aqcuired, these 6*'s "out the box" will be equivelant to rank 4 5*'s(at least on paper with the revised progression following CR). When not 1 player in the game has a maxed 5* 5/65 as yet(there are still no T5B avail. right?) Seems to me that progression is a little amped up on all of a sudden considering what we've been told and experienced from the previous 2+yrs the game has been live. Maybe its just me interpreting everything wrong, who knows and who cares right?!
  • 1King_Jerry1King_Jerry Posts: 66
    KALIZO wrote: »
    Aliab wrote: »
    In all your posts about six star champions I have yet to see anyone address the issues of how unuseable four star heroes are about to become for the summoners that have cleared existing game content. People spent years building up their teams and apparently wasting resources now because they’ll need to pay or grind for another two years to get champs that will be able to compete in future content. I’ve been playing a long time and generally your new content has been interesting and challenging. Yet all new content is specifically made to make people pay rather than actually take into account enjoyment of the game. I really hope moving forward you have better ideas for improving the game instead of adding shiny new content that will skew the balance in favour of the existing Legendary players.

question for you sir, did you complained when 4* champions came to the game, making 2*s useless?
    ill wait..

4* were always in the game lol
  • 1King_Jerry1King_Jerry Posts: 66
    its called progress my friend. Newbs aren't gonna be able to get 6* off the bat. Its gonna take time and effort to get one of them. Then its off to suicide when you pull a 6* kamala lol
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    I think people are overestimating on how often you are going to come across a 6*
    Duping 5* at this point it pretty hard as it is, and the only known way to get a 6* shards is by duping a 5*. The only people doing that more regularly are people in the end game. Even by the time someone does manage to get one, other end game people will probably be getting close to getting theirs too, Keeping things balance. Not to mention the requirement for leveling them up are probably ridiculous.
    Finally, the people who do end up getting them first are people that are near or at the top of the rating chart, meaning 80% of the user base that are complaining about them are probably never/rarely going to run across anyone that will have one.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Cleared boss rush with 4 stars. Evidently they're still going to be usable. You just gotta have skill and good intercepts.
    Boss rush didn’t have adrenaline or players masteries so it’ll be different.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    Lightvayne wrote: »
    I think people are overestimating on how often you are going to come across a 6*
    Duping 5* at this point it pretty hard as it is, and the only known way to get a 6* shards is by duping a 5*. The only people doing that more regularly are people in the end game. Even by the time someone does manage to get one, other end game people will probably be getting close to getting theirs too, Keeping things balance. Not to mention the requirement for leveling them up are probably ridiculous.
    Finally, the people who do end up getting them first are people that are near or at the top of the rating chart, meaning 80% of the user base that are complaining about them are probably never/rarely going to run across anyone that will have one.

You're idea in general seems very logical, especially for a mid level player like myself. and I wish it were true TBH. But from my own witnessing and word passed from other bigger alliances leads me to believe that there are players that have nearly as many duped rank 3&4 5*'s as I have rank4&5 4*(27)champs along with shards still left unopened. And I would hope 6*'s aren't made available through purchase of crystals, but judging from the "current progression" of the game, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were. TBH, I truly hope your ideas are the reality that will unfold.
  • Antgeo1Antgeo1 Posts: 120
    Lets not forget about personal likes/dislikes. I have quite a few 5*s, but there are 4*s I choose over them as I like the character better. For me, if I like the character, I am better at playing them, and will continue to choose them over a 5* that I do not like as much.