**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Is Domino the worst of her trinity?

13»

Comments

• YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    No, she’s still the best of her trinity
    Reject the Trinity, return to Monke
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    No, she’s only behind Rulk
    Bruh, if anyone can do it, then it doesnt make her valuable. It makes her average.
    FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

For an early account, Domino. Admittedly, she can carry someone through Act 5.

For a later account, Rhulk is extremely valuable in AW right now while the other 2 synergy members aren't really going to be valuable anywhere.

I did entire paths in act 7 itemless just using domino with the trinity....
    I did entire paths in Act 7 itemless with no one but Wasp. I'm sorry, Act 7 was really fun, but it was also really easy. You can't brag about someone being able to do paths in content that do nothing but give you double the damage.
    It’s not a brag, you just said she wasn’t valuable anywhere which is wrong. She’s also good for some lanes in act 6.
    She shines in a few lanes in act 6 where she is the only really good option.(namely, PULL and Selective Timestream)

And every champ shines in act 7. That cant be an argument, i was bored last night so i did a lane with a duped 6* Agent Venom and Mile Morales. Not impressive.

As for AW, if you are p3 and up, chances are Domino wont be on your team because youll need more counters to stuff so no trinity.

Domino is still great, but she isnt incredibly helpful in endgame content.
    So if I can’t use that argument surely you can’t use the argument ‘she isn’t good past act 5 and isn’t useful in any other content’. I’ll reiterate (again), I’m not saying she’s the best champ, but I’m offering other opinions to people saying she’s straight up trash. @Masterpuff
    I guess it depends on how you're trying to describe "valuable". I'm trying to talk realistically here. Just because an alliance mate is bringing her into war and clearing his path doesn't mean she's actually valuable in war. Cause I guarantee if he can do a war fight with Domino, I could that fight with Agent Venom. She has a very small amount of Act 6 lanes where she shines and even then, she's not the best option.
    If you’re trying to talk realistically why are you trying to tell people she isn’t good for anything past act 5?

Any champ who can clear a path is valuable. I’m not comparing her to other champs, I’m just saying she still has uses past act 5 which you’re trying to tell people isn’t the case.

She has uses, sure. Just most of them arent that good.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

For a later account, Rhulk is extremely valuable in AW right now while the other 2 synergy members aren't really going to be valuable anywhere.

I did entire paths in Act 7 itemless with no one but Wasp. I'm sorry, Act 7 was really fun, but it was also really easy. You can't brag about someone being able to do paths in content that do nothing but give you double the damage.
    It’s not a brag, you just said she wasn’t valuable anywhere which is wrong. She’s also good for some lanes in act 6.
    She shines in a few lanes in act 6 where she is the only really good option.(namely, PULL and Selective Timestream)

And every champ shines in act 7. That cant be an argument, i was bored last night so i did a lane with a duped 6* Agent Venom and Mile Morales. Not impressive.

As for AW, if you are p3 and up, chances are Domino wont be on your team because youll need more counters to stuff so no trinity.

So if I can’t use that argument surely you can’t use the argument ‘she isn’t good past act 5 and isn’t useful in any other content’. I’ll reiterate (again), I’m not saying she’s the best champ, but I’m offering other opinions to people saying she’s straight up trash. @Masterpuff
    She definitely isnt straight up trash. But your reasoning makes no sense, past act 5 is act 6, which is WAY harder than act 5 and 7. She is alright in act 6, not trash, but not anything to write home about. And act 7 could be done with complete garbage— that said, there are a few lanes that domino annihilates. Including all the stun vulnerability lanes.
    My reasoning makes no sense? What reasoning are you even talking about?

I replied to @Etjama who said she isn’t useful for anything past act 5. I gave some credible scenarios from my own experience where I’ve used her or seen her used. How does that make no sense...

Haters: domino is trash, you can’t use her past act 5 and anyone who doesn’t agree with me is wrong

Reasonable response: well actually she’s quite useful for x,y,z in act 6/7

Haters: ThAT dOeSNt CoUnT, aNyONE CoULD dO iT
    The reasoning that people cant say she is useless past act 5 because act 7 can be done with anyone. Act 7 is not endgame content imo, its kinda just a fun piece of content. Act 6 is far more challenging.

Wasnt responding to that. Not that i agree.

“She is quite useful for 2 specific lanes in act 6 and much of act 7”— thats a reasonable answer.
    And that’s exactly what I said - go read my earlier comments!
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

She definitely isnt straight up trash. But your reasoning makes no sense, past act 5 is act 6, which is WAY harder than act 5 and 7. She is alright in act 6, not trash, but not anything to write home about. And act 7 could be done with complete garbage— that said, there are a few lanes that domino annihilates. Including all the stun vulnerability lanes.
    My reasoning makes no sense? What reasoning are you even talking about?

I replied to @Etjama who said she isn’t useful for anything past act 5. I gave some credible scenarios from my own experience where I’ve used her or seen her used. How does that make no sense...

Haters: domino is trash, you can’t use her past act 5 and anyone who doesn’t agree with me is wrong

Reasonable response: well actually she’s quite useful for x,y,z in act 6/7

Haters: ThAT dOeSNt CoUnT, aNyONE CoULD dO iT
    The reasoning that people cant say she is useless past act 5 because act 7 can be done with anyone. Act 7 is not endgame content imo, its kinda just a fun piece of content. Act 6 is far more challenging.

Wasnt responding to that. Not that i agree.

“She is quite useful for 2 specific lanes in act 6 and much of act 7”— thats a reasonable answer.
    And that’s exactly what I said - go read my earlier comments!
    Question— How much of act 6 have you really done?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

I guess it depends on how you're trying to describe "valuable". I'm trying to talk realistically here. Just because an alliance mate is bringing her into war and clearing his path doesn't mean she's actually valuable in war. Cause I guarantee if he can do a war fight with Domino, I could that fight with Agent Venom. She has a very small amount of Act 6 lanes where she shines and even then, she's not the best option.
    If you’re trying to talk realistically why are you trying to tell people she isn’t good for anything past act 5?

Any champ who can clear a path is valuable. I’m not comparing her to other champs, I’m just saying she still has uses past act 5 which you’re trying to tell people isn’t the case.

She's basically Rogue in Act 6. There are 2 or 3 not very difficult paths that she works really well for. Doesn't mean I'm going to call Rogue valuable in Act 6 and recommend someone ranks her up because of that. And I guarantee I could go clear a path with my 6* Agent Venom in Act 6. That doesn't make him valuable.

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

You’re trying to debate me on a point I’m not even arguing 😂

I’ve made 2 points:

1. She’s doesn’t rely on RNG for her damage. With the trinity her best source of damage is her heavy attack, which can deal huge amounts.

2. She’s not simply ‘trash’ past act 5, and still has uses in act 6/7 and even AW/AQ for certain level summoned.

Do you disagree with those points?
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Monké
    monke
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

I’ve made 2 points:

1. She’s doesn’t rely on RNG for her damage. With the trinity her best source of damage is her heavy attack, which can deal huge amounts.

2. She’s not simply ‘trash’ past act 5, and still has uses in act 6/7 and even AW/AQ for certain level summoned.

1. Agree mostly, her specials involve a lot of RNG for damage.
    2. Not trash, but nothing impressive either. And she is great for low level AW.

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

I’ve made 2 points:

1. Agree mostly, her specials involve a lot of RNG for damage.
    2. Not trash, but nothing impressive either. And she is great for low level AW.
    Then we agree so what are you coming at me for? Unless you just want to argue?
    Comment got sent to the abyss.

Im not trying to argue, i was just saying she has very average or meh use in act 6. You also ignored my question.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I used Domino quite a lot for act 6 completion and partial exploration on my mini account, fights with her take a lot of time. And she was only usable for paths where the only hard part was changing your playstyle rather than any specific utility. So think about long distance relationship, close encounters. Rather than bleed nodes, evade fights etc.

Fights took longer than expected. Having to go to Sp3 two or three times more if you don't get lucky. I think that's why people say she's not as useful. So yes you can use her in Act 6 in places, it doesnt mean she's useless. But it doesn't mean she's insanely good. Because where you can use Domino, you can also use a huge range of other above average champions. There's barely a place where you look at a path and think, wow that's perfect for Domino.

You don't look at a path and think about Domino, you look at Domino and think about a path.

Im not trying to argue, i was just saying she has very average or meh use in act 6. You also ignored my question.

Explored 6.1/6.3 - finishing abyss exploration before doing 6.2/6.4. What does that have to do with anything? Unless you think my opinion doesn’t matter unless I’ve cleared more content than you?
    FiiNCH said:

Explored 6.1/6.3 - finishing abyss exploration before doing 6.2/6.4. What does that have to do with anything? Unless you think my opinion doesn’t matter unless I’ve cleared more content than you?
    No i was wondering if you have done the lanes where Domino really does shine, which it sounds like you have not. Which is okay.

Also, id explore the rest of act 6 before Abyss. Abyss is a serious grind and takes way more units.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

I used Domino quite a lot for act 6 completion and partial exploration on my mini account, fights with her take a lot of time. And she was only usable for paths where the only hard part was changing your playstyle rather than any specific utility. So think about long distance relationship, close encounters. Rather than bleed nodes, evade fights etc.

Fights took longer than expected. Having to go to Sp3 two or three times more if you don't get lucky. I think that's why people say she's not as useful. So yes you can use her in Act 6 in places, it doesnt mean she's useless. But it doesn't mean she's insanely good. Because where you can use Domino, you can also use a huge range of other above average champions. There's barely a place where you look at a path and think, wow that's perfect for Domino.

You don't look at a path and think about Domino, you look at Domino and think about a path.

This is the perfect explanation.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    No, she’s only behind Masacre
    Domino isn't straight up trash and she is definitely above average. She gets an unnecessary amount of hate over here (I have been guilty of it myself). Plus, a champions' use in act 7 shouldn't disqualify her usefulness. Like it or not, that's the current endgame. That's the current meta content and if a champion is a beast in it, then she is quite useful in my books.

Hit the nail on the head. Only lane that made me think that i needed Domino was PULL, selective timestream, and flux dispersal.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Monké

Hit the nail on the head. Only lane that made me think that i needed Domino was PULL, selective timestream, and flux dispersal.
    Yeah I used her for that lane, she destroyed it, didnt use her for too much other then that, but I will say It was fun watching them melt.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Domino is still a monster. She’s just not Ghost, there’s just a loud minority on here that shout down every comment that says she’s good.
  • Adios50Adios50 Posts: 38
    Monké
    Please Rank Down this Post
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Yes, give her a buff too pls
    Considering she's in the lower echelon of champions in MCOC that require some sort of an update, she is the worst in her trinity. Masacre and Rulk have utility + non-RNG based damage + don't need a trinity to be half-decent.

Idk if Domino will get buffed this year but I hope she gets some sort of a moderate update next year to spice up that barren utility kit.
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    KRoNX1 said:

Domino is still a banger. I still think she can get the most things done in that trinity.I like rhulk more but I think domino is better.

So kabam does read posts
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    she just solo'd the Boss Rush every fight for me.