**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

IWD Boss Rush was... a little disappointing

Comments

• _I__I_ Posts: 306
    Agree. Am feeling sad as it was way too easy. This was the easiest boss rush I guess. I didn't get that adrenaline rush kind of feelings. Disappointed.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

What happened to the major step up in difficulty and rewards? This was a step down in difficulty and the 6* shards were nice, but the 5* crystal was meh.

Can’t believe people still don’t understand that the community’s idea of content difficulty and kabam’s idea of content difficulty is light years apart. Kabam ALWAYS overstates the difficulty of these types of events...ALWAYS
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Realistically there needs to be two versions of these types of events, kind of like the Summoner Showdown/show-up.

This would have been the show-up difficulty, Showdown could have been much harder and gave a different profile pic or something. For me it's not about the rewards, but it would be nice for these smaller/shorter events to have two difficulty types.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Monke said:

Monke said:

You quaked everything didn’t you

I didn’t, can confirm it’s difficulty matches the rewards

@Monke didnt bring her in... used AA, Elsa, HB, Doom and Spider-Ham
    Oh damn. That roster is stacked anyways, so not really too hard, unless those are all r4 5*s?
    I used a team of r4 with the exception of one 6* r1 CapIW and a 4* r5 Havok. Would have been itemless if I hadn't messed up and gotten AA killed. Still pretty easy and fun with the team I used. Try Void on Jubilee. Wildest fight I've had in a while.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    It was a good balance. I'm on act 6.2, map 5 player with experience and a strong 5* roster. I had to think an use a few revives for the learning curve. It was fun, felt good about beating it and even though I duped Electra there was a shot at some good champs as well as a big chunk of 6* shards.
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    edited March 2021

First off, I want to say happy International Women’s Day! And that this is not a complaint about rewards, they are great! If anything overturned for how easy the quest is.

I was looking forward to a harder bit of content after finishing 7.1 100%, but this sadly was just select some great champs, go in and not really worry about the nodes. I was hoping for maybe a quest this level and then for the profile pics would’ve loved a harder challenge difficulty. What are your thoughts???

I’m hugely disappointed I didn’t even read nodes on anyone except jubilee after she went so3 on my hulk buster in 3 seconds went back with aa and did every fight blind

Boss rush should be endgame
    This felt more like middle management meeting then a boss event
  • SergioAsecasSergioAsecas Posts: 49

It was on par with other boss rush events in both effort and rewards. For me, it was actually better than the CCP bosh rush that only netted a 4* (and Antman to boot).

Never gonna feel sorry for people who think it's too easy. There are others who don't have a counter at maxed 5* or R2/R3 6* who still get a challenge and can benefit from the rewards.

I did think it was easier than other past challenges, but my roster is considerably better than it has been in the past as well. I also like that it was a reasonable time constraint and not a marathon boss rush like the spiderham celeb event. That one was a bit time consuming and repetitive.

So, for me, this hits the mark as a middle ground challenge for various account levels. Definitely not a major leap in challenge though.

It was on par with other boss rush events in both effort and rewards. For me, it was actually better than the CCP bosh rush that only netted a 4* (and Antman to boot).

Never gonna feel sorry for people who think it's too easy. There are others who don't have a counter at maxed 5* or R2/R3 6* who still get a challenge and can benefit from the rewards.

I did think it was easier than other past challenges, but my roster is considerably better than it has been in the past as well. I also like that it was a reasonable time constraint and not a marathon boss rush like the spiderham celeb event. That one was a bit time consuming and repetitive.

So, for me, this hits the mark as a middle ground challenge for various account levels. Definitely not a major leap in challenge though.

I think nodes were fun, inspite of in terms of challenge in my opinion Spiderham celeb rush was a harder challenge by far
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★

Monke said:

You quaked everything didn’t you

I didn’t, can confirm it’s difficulty matches the rewards

@Monke didnt bring her in... used AA, Elsa, HB, Doom and Spider-Ham
    Replace AA and Doom on your team. Maybe this would add a bit of challenge for you?
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I had to use one revive and my roster is pretty stacked so I would say it lived it to the difficulty if you compare to the entire player base. But yes if you're on Cavalier level it shouldn't be hard and the rewards are easy to obtain. Not sure how hard 5 matches the equivalent of 5 Tier 3 AW fights was supposed to be.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Thank god this is important enough for its own topic instead of just adding to the open thread(s)
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Some of you guys are really harsh, the content may not be too difficult if you have particular champs, yet it becomes challenging for those who don’t have it. Pls remember this IWD boss rush is opened to all players.

If you want challenge, you may play like MSD who use 3* to finish the boss rush. I think this special event is good for rewards. I appreciate that and thanks Kabam.

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Should have a Legendary variant of it with 2x the number of nodes, 5x the health pool and 10x the attack values. Lol
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

xNig said:

Should have a Legendary variant of it with 2x the number of nodes, 5x the health pool and 10x the attack values. Lol

No no, that would be a cash grab and since I would not be able to get those rewards, I feel no one else should have access to them either.
    Ikr. The saltiness of people.. 😂
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    I wouldn't say it's too easy, took me few level 2 health potions but ...

For a long time we haven't gotten any truly difficult story quest or variants comparable our advanced rosters which have many rank 3 6*.

It's a bit let down actually.
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    Its a celebration. So they tried to make this boss rush more generic.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021

KRoNX1 said:

A celebration of women where they have you beat them up? Would it not be a better idea to restrict you to simply female champs or something?
    It's a celebration of women as in influential and well-known females in the community have designed a boss rush for us to tackle. Plus, you know how much the community hates champion restrictions and there will be many people whining about this restriction.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

KRoNX1 said:

A celebration of women where they have you beat them up? Would it not be a better idea to restrict you to simply female champs or something?
    Are you saying the way you want to celebrate IWD is to take a group of six female content creators and allow them to create content for the game but restrict them to only using male champions so players aren't fighting against women?

Somehow, that seems to miss the point by a wider margin.
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★

KRoNX1 said:

U r not beating up women. They are some characters chose by some female players in this community to challenge other players in this game for fun purposes.. Those characters dont represent any individual irl. U r acting no better than people who dont use mephisto becuz he is a devil .