**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champs for Mangog on Cav

Dahkness1831Dahkness1831 Posts: 78
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
So I have beaten Mangog on Cavalier difficulty three times so far. The thing is end boss on Cav is ridiculous as usual. I truly believe that one day Kabam will just make one mod called unit dump and make the boss unstunable, unblockable, takes zero damage on intercept and can only take damage on Tuesdays between 12:01pm and 12:02pm GMT. Anyway enough with the “fun and interactive” gameplay. So far, I need about three full champs and the grace of god that I am able to bait out L1s. I pretty much have 80% of the top champs but find I end up with HB, Warlock and Doom with NF and Quake to clear lanes... Any decent advice on Champs? I am thinking CG or maybe CMM?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• BuckyBruhBuckyBruh Posts: 453 ★★★
    I don't have HT, but i used LukeCage, Void, Ghost. These worked for me. Most of the time i get a solo with luke cage or void unless i mess up.
    Also, don't use ur special or heavy to knock him down, he gets debuff immunity from the node, and then gains power through empowered immunity when u inflict debuff.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    I used Ghost every single time.

https://youtu.be/yHOMdJd_oi0
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Sounds like a you - problem.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Have you tried baiting and blocking SP2s?
    You know, instead of crying about how he’s such a cash grab.
    To answer your question, I used a 6* r2 torch with his prefight, MLM combos, don’t use your heavy or special attacks, push mangog to his SP2 and block it to avoid the hatred build up.
    The tips on how to fight him will work for using anyone.
  • abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    edited March 2021

So I have beaten Mangog on Cavalier difficulty three times so far. The thing is end boss on Cav is ridiculous as usual. I truly believe that one day Kabam will just make one mod called unit dump and make the boss unstunable, unblockable, takes zero damage on intercept and can only take damage on Tuesdays between 12:01pm and 12:02pm GMT. Anyway enough with the “fun and interactive” gameplay. So far, I need about three full champs and the grace of god that I am able to bait out L1s. I pretty much have 80% of the top champs but find I end up with HB, Warlock and Doom with NF and Quake to clear lanes... Any decent advice on Champs? I am thinking CG or maybe CMM?

If you got SheHulk give her a go. She can solo pretty easy. Just don't use 5 hit combos against him and you're fine. I went MLLM. You only trigger that Hatred on the 5-hit combo ender, otherwise he gains 2 on sp1 activation. Once he gets to 10, he gains unstoppable. Heavy intercept to get rid of it or wait out his counter. Really easy to fire a heavy at the end of his l1 (charge as he's landing) and then play him like normal.

I ran Sentinel as a path clearer for the most part. I use MF synergy w/ SheHulk for the tech/science power sting and 4* Hulk for increased fury potency. Power sting synergy was huge on the whole quest.
  • ValmarxValmarx Posts: 521 ★★★
    @abn86 I agree here.
    If you have Mr.Fantastic 5 or 6 star, get him in synergies with She Hulk.
    You left with 3 spots for another 3 Tech champs to benefit the Power Sting on Parry.
    Use Mr.Fantastic to weaken Mangog SP2 or SP3 which you prefer and of course apply
    Pre Fight on him.
    From there proceed to Tanking with She Hulk or CapIW.
  • Ashok1504Ashok1504 Posts: 40
    I used stealthy and he solo'd him twice now. Tried HT once, will try other hard hitters who don't rely on specials or heavies.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I use HT for Cav Mangog but you can check UKM for advice:
    https://youtu.be/6eEh4eqaGwg
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    I used RHulk and solo'ed mangog all seven times, just not use any special or heavy (don't knock the opponent down) and try to push your opponent to an SP2 so that he won't gain more Hatred charges ^_^
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Solo'd him everytime with She-Hulk, Torch and RHulk. Walk in the park with She-Hulk and a bit of skill.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    I broke every piece of advice given so far... hit him with heavies, fired specials, five hit combos. Solo'd every time with HT. The only "special" tactic was to always bait out his sp1, which is easy to evade, barely pick up any block damage. Finally, keep a special in the tank, so I can simply parry then hit him with the special to cancel his unstoppable. Rinse and repeat until dead.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    @Dahkness1831 do you have 5/65 shulk, torch or capiw?

Never 5 hit combo, only 3 or 4, don't use specials, save them for sp3. He gains hatred if you 5 hit combo.

Heavies do not work as he purifies debuffs when you knock him down, so doom slap won't work.

He gets +2 hatred each time he uses sp1, but you want to bait that out, don't let him get to sp2 as it can wreck you.When he uses sp1 at 10 hatred, he goes permanently unstoppable unless you hit him with a special. That sp3 you've been saving? Use that now, then go back to 3 or 4 hit combos and saving the specials.

You should be able to use just warlock and HB to clear all the lanes. Do you run willpower? If you do, HB will heal himself on most of the lanes except the "easy" path and one other. Warlock can do the rest. I used HB, g2099 and sentinel to clear the lanes and warlock is better than them.

For mangog, Start the fight, parry, 3 or 4 hit combo, parry, 3 or 4 hit combo, bait sp1, rinse and repeat until he has 10 hatred, bait sp1 then back up loads and hit sp3 to get rid of the unstoppable, then repeat the cycle.

I used 3 revives on him the first time, trying him out, then only 1 revive on the rest of the runs. I do have 5/65 capiw, shulk and torch, but it was normally shulk or capiw that carried the day and I left torch at home for most runs.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Stealthy works really great. Hyperion and colossus work. Just a very slow fight for both of them.